Desert Parched weapon - Please delete this mechanic...

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vlkodlak, Feb 11, 2023.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

While this might have sounded fun on paper, it is a huge bombshell in practice. Many of the players run scores of zomes and are coming up short on these weapon drops. Or as luck would have it is something that cant be used by certain classes so it is passed on.

Could this not be changed out for any weapon drop is the starter for the quest and you can pick any weapon to create when it comes time?

Thanks
    Beee and Twyla like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I've yet to even bother trying to get it until they do something about the H1 > H2 gap.
  3. Taled Well-Known Member

God forbid you actually have to put in some effort to obtain something, right?
  4. Priority Well-Known Member

I don't mind work. I do mind a complete RNG CF that is itemization these days. Spell upgrades I've even yet to see a single one of in a group I've been in and having sat on an upgraded 415 item waiting for the next drop item for 5 weeks is cool.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

6. Drona Well-Known Member

I have that 2h you are looking for. Can I swap for 1h or shield you have since they never drop for me please? :p
    Beee likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

They deliberately want to limit how many of the BiS weapons are obtained.
  8. Fezagga Member

It has dropped multiple times from Eye of Night graceless on the final boss
  9. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

No one minds doing work for gear, that is a natural part of the game. But the drop rates are far to low as well as randomized for what some have already turned into BIS items with raid updates as others struggle to find even the starter parts. Grinding zones daily just to be disappointed daily is only frustrating.

Never have I seen one drop from any solos, graceless or not. Only heroics and then its a rarity.

Remove the randomized drops, add it to the status merchant and be done.