Desert of Flames : Faction Question

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Dmatri, Feb 16, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Dmatri Guest

Hi all, Could someone please tell me the basics of how to gain faction for the three sides works ? I know i can gain faction on the beach by doing quests, but is there a way to gain faction in the city as well ? Thanks in advance. Ps. im using my Swashy and in the futere my Conjuror, can i just buy the 50+ spells in the city or do i have to quest for them ?
  2. ARCHIVED-Illmarr Guest

[p] In the City itself, you can turn in coins of opposing factions to the faction you want to raise to increase your faction. You can get coins as a reward for doing Grifters quests or by looting them off guards of a faction. Remember that any faction gained with one faction is lost in an equal amount with the other two when turning in the coins and doing beach quests.[/p][p]You can buy 51-59 Essentials Tradeskill books and App 2 spells in the Golden Sceptre, which is in the west quadrant of the city. With care you can get there while KoS to any faction. Inside the Golden Sceptre there are no faction aligned guards to worry about. You'll pay a bit more for them here as opposed to buying them in a Court you have worked faction up with. I also believe advanced tradeskill books are sold inside the courts once you have the proper faction[/p]
  3. ARCHIVED-Dmatri Guest

Thanks this is very helpfull.:-D
  4. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

[p]I also believe that if you achieve faction with all 3 courts, completing each questline before starting over on the next, you will eventually obtain the title Hero of Maj'Dul?[/p][p]Personally I got half way through the second before losing the will to live at which point fortunately KoS was released.[/p]
  5. ARCHIVED-bubbaj6 Guest

If you have enough money, just search the brokers. :) They're generally going for 1gp per coin, and I think it raises it by 100 points for every coin....I think it takes +10,000 faction to hit Amiable, but I don't remember if you really need that amount. I think I remember paying about 5pp for an alt to get their faction since I wanted the Call of Ro ability.