Delvay hosting Bruisday Tuesday

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Billyjak, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Billyjak Member

Bruisday tuesday, November 6th @ 7pm Eastern – Location TBD. FrostFang is currently the front runner. The spot atop of the bear cave. Open to other locations easy to get to and our fighters don’t have to worry about getting mauled ahead of time. Looking to see if /duels can be accepted in homes.

Plenty of time to get your fighter trained and ready.

Rules:
    Level 20 (true 20, no mentoring down)
    5PP entry fee. Each division champion winner takes all. 4 Divisions - Caster, Scout, Fighter, Healer. This will be paid to the referee as you enter the fight area. No refunds due to lag, linkdead, or other issues.
    No potions, clickables, etc other than your class abilities. (we want an honest fight club here)
    Racial Traits, focuses and your level 14 Grandmaster will be accepted.
    NO throwing weapons or bows. We do not have the insurance liability for that. Sorry.
    NO AA’s
    NO armor
    Ungrouped at time of bout
    You will be handed a level 20 crafted weapon. You may choose 1h, 2h, dual or sword and board
    There will be one referee to call time on 1 - three minute round and signal the time for the fighters to initiate and accept the /duel and call the knockout. If there is no knockout we will go to the judges.
    There will be 3 fight judges that will be scoring the fight. Points awarded for… (up to 10 total)
    Knockdowns – 1 possible point
    Over all damage – 2 possible points
    Sportmanship – 3 possible points
    Show – 4 possible points. This is for providing a good show through use of /em’s, Roleplay specific taunts such as telling a gnome that he seen an ogre build a better widget or after a knockdown taking time to turn to the crowd and /flex. Please no foul language. Points deducted for just vulgar or inappropriateness.

Notes: Depending on interest, Division participants may be limited to a max of 10 players due to time restraints to get through all 4 divisions. Participants will be chosen at random. Each will be given a number from 1 to 10 for the first round. The referee will /roll a number 1 to 10, two times. Those two will be paired. If a number that has already been used comes up the referee will reroll. Format continues for the next round as well as the next division.
    Crafters are more than welcome to come and peddle their goods. For safety, there will be ports available after the event. Don’t want any DWL’s. Drunk while Leaping.

Any side spectator bets on the fights are at your own risk. They will not be policed, supervised or otherwise monitored by an event official. But have fun!!. 3 gold on the gnome bruiser to take the ogre Sk all day long.

If more than 10 players sign up for a division, they will be listed as alternates based on the order they put their application in. Just in case someone does not show or cannot continue. If the alternates did not get a chance to participate this event they will be the first invited in their respective order to participate in the next.

Applications are being accepted to be a participant. Please list your Character name that will be fighting and Division… Fighter, Scout, Mage or Heal. First 10 for each will be guaranteed a spot on the card. All additional will be considered as alternates in their respective order.

Applications are being accepted to be a judge. Please list your character name that will be judging, Division you would like to judge and why you feel you can be a fair or impartial judge. Judges will be selected by a Delvay fight committee. In the case of not enough judges, Delvay members will fill in to make sure we have 3. In the case of too many qualified judges, they will be assigned an alternate number. If a judge fails to show or has shown a blatant favoritism they will be removed, and the first alternate will be called. This will continue till we have 3 judges for each fight.

This is a work in progress and Delvay reserves the right to adjust any ruleset to ensure a fair and inclusive night.

B.
  2. Billyjak Member

It is on fallen gate.
    First rule change. 8 participants in each division. This will make sure there are even pairs for each round.
  3. Perrigrin Well-Known Member

I wish you the best of luck in your event! I will sadly be unable to participate as I work nights :( but I will direct my guildies to this thread!
    Duels are allowed in player housing.
    Please feel free to use my Arena of Champions, you can find it on the Hall of Fame on the housing leaderboard. I actually built it for this very reason of having these sort of events :)

Here's a link to the thread where Febrith did a video tour :)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/arena-of-champions-fallen-gate-server.580238/
  4. Billyjak Member

That is awesome. Thank you greatly.
    With the beta testing and new expansion so close we are tabling this event. Rework the timing and marketing then reschedule once the newness of the expansion has worn off.

Thanks,
    Delvay