Deleting Items ... is a pain in the ****

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mnoizr, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Mnoizr Member

I spend a lot of time each day deleting things that I cannot use, cannot sell, cannot trade, cannot mute, cannot salvage, cannot cannot ... et al

How about you make everything you want to be worthless sell for 0c and 1 status point? We will all love you for making our lives soooooo much easier.

thanks,
    Moz
    WhysperWynde and Tkia like this.
  2. Nazy Well-Known Member

Just don't take things you don't want.
    Almost everything that's not armour/weapons sells for at least 1c.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is a bunch of stuff.. more and more in recent expacs, that does not sell for even 1c.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Nazy Well-Known Member

Ah.
    They should definitely make a better system instead of having to right-click, hit delete, and then hit yes.
    Or sell everything for at least 1c.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  5. Almee Well-Known Member

My hands often hurt after I go through all my toons' bags clearing out all those items that have to be destroyed. I have the added "confirm" click to ensure I don't accidentally pick up the wrong item, due to lag, and destroy it. It would be so much nicer if they allowed us to vendor everything for either 1c or 1sp.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The 1c solution seems reasonable.
    Mermut and Nazy like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I drag from my pack to the floor. Delete or cancel. Go to the next one.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Still a big PITA.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Obano Well-Known Member

There is a way to mass delete items and I am surprised you don't know about it.

Buy 44 slot backpack or other large container. Place all the items you don't want in the backpack. Toss the backpack on the ground. Click OK once and it is done.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

I'm sure the tailors out there appreciate your suggestion, but it seems like it would quickly deplete the available bags on the broker if everyone did this. I'd rather see everything that can't be sold made into something that can be sold, even if it's just for 1cp.
    Mermut and Breanna like this.
  11. Raff Well-Known Member

Whatever I can't sell to a vendor? I drag everything out of the bag. They stack. Then click away in one large batch
    Breanna and Xianthia like this.
  12. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I think they should add a button on the sell screen. When pressed it would 'destroy' all NO-VALUE items. Better yet put it next to the bags on the character screen. That way you don't have to be at a vendor to do it. I can't imagine adding a button and then code to look and destroy all NO-VALUE items would be hard to add.

I guess there might be times when you don't want to sell a NO-VALUE item. So maybe selling them for 1cp is a better suggestion. That way the user would have control over what got destroyed. For me I just grab and drop items to destroy them. It's a little bit of a pain when I have lots to do but not bad.
    Geroblue and Nazy like this.
  13. Treggar Active Member

You can stack confirmation prompts also, I know it's not much better but it does speed things up a little bit.

I fill a bag with junk I don't want, drag all of it out of the bag, then just spam click the OK button on the 40 prompts.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Deckerd Smeckerd Active Member

I like your thought about it. I have not played in a while. I am just lurking around. While you wait for a permanent solution, can you take a cheap backpack that catches the stuff that isn't filtered to your other bags and when you sell your loot, scan over it for things you want to keep, and then after you know it only has things you want to delete, just delete the whole bag at once?
  15. Xianthia Well-Known Member

This is how I usually do mass destruction of items.

I have never tried this, I guess never thought it would allow me to do it(hmm lol)!
    Thank you, going to try it next time I have a bag full of junk items!
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Is this why I saw thick bear backpacks for 16 plat this past weekend ? And those were the cheap ones.
    Nazy likes this.
  17. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

I wish there was a way to take No Trade off of items that you cannot use on the character that wins it in a quest but you have another character who could have used it. Like my Monk gets stuff that Priests can use but she isn't one and so it's darkened out in her inventory and unusable to her and she cannot pass it to my priest characters. I end up just deleting these items that are just taking up inventory space. Now Heirloom Items are great because they can be shared amongst your character in account.
    Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yesterday I noticed my 110 adv level toon had XP potions available... no trade. That toon is also 110 crafting. I would love to be able to give them to my lower level toons on that account/server. The pots don't show for the other toons.