delete/reroll or change alignment/city ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have decided that I need to do something with one of my characters.

Read the wiki about how to change alignment and city. Seems like a lot of things to do.

Character has one Inn room with not much in it and the character is level 20.

I found I don't have much on that character than cannot be put in shared bank. Not much purchased from the broker thats attunable/attuned.

It seems to me it would be much easier to move the rest that I can to shared bank, delete the character, then create a new character.

This character is the only one on that account on that server. There is another character, but on a different server.

Do I need to make it the same name to get to the shared bank items ? Or just create a new character and give it any name using the rules ?

Thanks.
    Saw-Lau, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  2. Warsteiner Member

The shared bank (bottom slots) are shared on that specific server. Doesn't matter the character's alignment or name or anything like that. Any character on that server will see the shared bank.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I figured that was the answer, but I wanted to check first.

Wasn't going to try and rush through just before server maintenance, and realize later I forgot something but the character was deleted.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Also, there is an easy way to change alignment. For 50 loyalty tokens, you can do it right away. Just be sure to use the bauble outside of your current home city or the guards "may" look at you differently. https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Loyalty_Point_General_Items
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I would need to get that many at the same time... haven't done that this year over here.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Does the shared bank exist if there are no other characters on the server?

You might want to use the other slot if this is a Free to Play account and create another character even if it is just a throw away just so you know there is another character on the server so the shared bank will continue to exist. I don't honestly know and I don't remember anybody ever bringing it up before.
    Lateana, Saw-Lau, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

It does! If you create a new toon on a server where you had deleted all your toons, the stuff will still be in the shared bank.
    Saw-Lau, Katz, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

Wow I would have thought No. I was actually thinking the same thing Cy was if you delete the character then who will be around to have a shared bank with. Good to know Dude.
    Finora, Saw-Lau, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That is what I thought, who was there to share...
    Saw-Lau, Rosyposy, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  10. Dude Well-Known Member

I found out on accident. I think it was on FG. I had created new toons that I didn't like, deleted them, and made new ones. Stuff was on my shared bank!
    Saw-Lau, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I had two characters on that account, so I couldn't find out if the shared bank existed after character delete unless I spent $10 for an additional character slot, or went all access on that account. So I took the chance after reading Warsteiner's post.
  12. Soara2 Well-Known Member

It's still there. I have done this a lot before
    Cyrrena, Saw-Lau and Breanna like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Yup, worked for me. I added two Market place lights. Along with the 3 items you get for room rental, thats it so far.

I know what I need, a fall tinkerfest so I can.. what ?
  14. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Friend that has the recipes and mats? Hi. I'm a friend. What do you need
    Cyrrena, Geroblue and Breanna like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Skyfire, Etaiharn is a Guardian with 4 rooms in Gorodwyn. Since he is Eeeevil. Howabout something nice, maybe with flowers. Maybe something bright and cheerful.

No idea if this is even possible, just tossing out some ideas.

Lights, orange and green furniture, shelves. Rugs. Maybe a painting of some idyllic scence, but I do plan on getting one of the on sale expacs when I get paid.
    Soara2, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

To be more accurate:

Character Etaiharn. Has a Loft in Terrace Standards and an Inn room in Lower Tenements. Both in Tmorous Deep. on Server Skyfire. One is 4 rooms the other is 2 rooms. See Uwq's post about how many rooms it says there are vs. how many actually are there.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmmm... I went to New Halas to get this evil character up in crafting. Found myself talking to the evil dark elf who is trying to take over crafting in New Halas. Well, I'll skip that and go see if I can craft in Timorous Deep. I don't care for strong arm stuff. I can do without it in my life. I realize its part of the game, and my evil character, but its not to be as far as I'm concerned.
  18. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Make Leapord trustee pls and I will hit it up this weekend, when I am off. Not sure what I will find on the orange lights but the green furniture I already know. Flowers etc will be easy. You don't have to keep the arrangement I will put things in. Will do it Saturday. Leapord is my carpenter, so easiest on her.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  19. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thank you. Just put in what looks good. I'm not all that good at designing things.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Done. If you want to do both or one, up to you.

Skyfire server, Timorous Deep, Etaiharn. Terrace Standards Etaiharn's Loft. 4 rooms

Skyfire server, Timorous Deep, Etaiharn. Lower Tenements Etaiharn's Inn. 2 rooms

One has a mallard duck wandering around and the other has a bat flying hither and yon.

If they become out of place I can put them up somewhere else.

This particular account that toon is on goes f2p on Aug 29. I made the other 8 characters of mine on that server as trustees so I can use the rooms. They are all good, but I have to wait for server maintenance to check if they can get their safely.