Deity for Evil Aligned Healer?

Discussion in 'General Priest Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Soft, Sep 7, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Soft Guest

Hello. I'm trying to figure out which deity to chose for my defiler. I'm posting here hoping more players read the priest forum rather than the class specific fourm.

Reading the archives it appears that the two real options for evil aligned healers. That Rodcest Nife who is ideal for all healers is unfortunately aligned good and not available. Likewise Tunare and Quellious, who are also decent for healers are not available. This leaves Innoruuk or Karana who are so-so. This seems confirmed by following up my archive search by reading the EQ2i wiki about the deities and what each has to offer.

So basically, here is what I can gather is useful from Innorruuk and Karana deity. I was wondering though which in the long run will prove most useful (it appears Karana from what I read but most posts in the archives say Innoruuk *shrug*)? Also is there anything I'm missing from what each has have to offer? Lastly, once my character reaches end-game levels will deities even matter or are they just a novelty?

Innoruuk

10% extra healing is nice. Tiny power increase may be useful at low levels. Maestro's Song blessing looks nice for lower levels but once hp numbers get up there then the direct heal seems less useful. The HOT may still be good though.

Karana

25% extra heal crit seems nice for people who aren't running at 100% crit. Blessing of Serenity seems like something that would remain good at all levels. Stun, mez, root, etc. immunity seems nice for end-game. The extra 6 target res seems nice too.
  2. ARCHIVED-Calain80 Guest

You could add Tribunal for the WIS only pet as this is something you get for free and is up 100% of the time. Beside this the Rezz from Karana is nice, 'cause it has an instant casting time and can be used while dead.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Karana rez is nice, it's about the only miracle (healer-wise) still worth getting. The rest aren't really worth your time, given their durations, limited impact, and limited availability. You might use them once in a blue moon in an emergency at most, while karana can be useful any time you wipe and don't want to have to run back.
  4. ARCHIVED-EQPrime Guest

I still use Marr (another good-only deity), but then again I can't remember the last time I used a miracle or blessing in a raid. I'm really considering switching to sol ro for incinerate since a decent nuke when the mob is under 5% might be more useful than the benefits of the healer miracles and blessings.