Deity festivals - let's have more!

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Aelfan, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Aelfan Active Member

I think one of the things I enjoy most about EQ2 are the festivals. It would be nice if there were more, and it occurs to me that the lame and practically pointless deity system of Norrath could be applied to this. How about a festival for each deity, with all the fun games and quests we get in festivals but for all of them! We do have Brell and Bristlebane, and now Erollisi is a viable deity as well as having a festival, but what about a Tunare Spring festival for example? And all the others?

What might make a nice spin is that parts of the festivals are only onpen to followers of that particular deity.
  2. LunarFlower Member

A Tunare Spring Festival sounds great! I love that idea, the devs could bring out all new floral circlets and house items, it would be lovely!

There could be a Winter Festival for Eci too... maybe Summer could be Ro's? I really do like this idea! I don't think the festivals being open to only particular deities is a good idea- but perhaps alignment restricted just as the deities themselves are? e.g evil people can't go to Tunare, Mithaniel Marr etc
    Rosyposy and Aelfan like this.
  3. Aelfan Active Member

I wasn't suggesting that the deity festivals would *only* be for their followers, but maybe a special quest just for followers amongst a bunch of others.
  4. LunarFlower Member

Ah I do like that idea :)
  5. Rainmare Well-Known Member

but that begs the question of...holy crap you got no idea how many dieties there are that we know of.

Anashti Sul, Vallon/Tallon/Sullon Zek, Morrell Thule, Terris Thule/Lanys/Sarymn, Cazic Thule, Quellious, Sol Ro, Mithaniel, Erollisi, Ullthoruuk, Bertox, Krytoxxulous, Thoxle Paells, Fizzlethorpe Bristlebane, Xev Bristlebane, Brell, Bolin....

that's a LOT of holidays. and that not even all the gods of influence, and it's not adding the Elemental powers.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Loresinger Active Member

Yeah, I really think that's the problem there. There are, what, 15 deities we can actually worship? So just focusing even on them, while we can take out Brell, Bristlebane, and Erollsi since we have holidays for them already, that's still 12 more deities. That's a lot of content to create. That would take the current 8 yearly festivals we currently have up to 21 festivals. Where would they all go?

Because let's be real, I love the festivals, too... but look back to what we just had. We had Brell, followed by the chronoportals, then right into Bristlebane day, not to mention the city festivals and grottos that were in there! There's quite a lot of stuff going on from Oct to April. Summer has fewer, but that's usually where the other live events and such end up. So trying to jam more in there, I just don't see it happening. If anything, it would be one festival for all deities somehow, rather than one for each.

Which is not to say that I wouldn't love to see some fresh content where deities are concerned (and not just points you plug into a tree, or whatever), but I'm not sold that this would be the way to do it.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Rainmare Well-Known Member

What I would like it to see 'diety families' in their holidays.

Like Erollisi Day could have some quests for Mithaniel, AND some for Thoxule (I would love to see how they would make quests for the God of Lust ;) )

or Nights of the Dead coudl have some extra quests for Sarymn (goddess of Torture), Anashti Sul and Cazic, rather then just focusing on Terris.

we see Morrell in the Hero's Festival, but maybe a quest or two for say Ayonae Ro (goddess of music/bards)

the Chronoportals coudl have some side quests with Druzzil Ro (Goddess of Magic)

Summer event could be made with Soluesk, and maybe Prexus (flame and oceans, respectively)

Bristlebane Day coudl add in some evil themed quests from Ully (betrayal) in a rivalry of sorts perhaps. friendly 'got ya' pranks vs intentional backstabbing.

Brewday coudl add in Bolin..even as a sort of PSA quest. Brell is about responsible drinking, and Bolin is the 'I wanna get blackout levels of wasted' slob drunk no one overly likes :p

Tinkerfest could add Sullon and Quellious in a series about a more and more agitated(enraged) Tinkerer and us trying to soothe his temper.

Frostfell has some homages to E'ci in it of course, but maybe a more evil bend with some quests feature Xev (Greed) particualarly invovling Mcscroogle.
  8. Loresinger Active Member

For what it's worth, Ullkorruuk does appear a fair bit in the main Erollisi Day questline, so it might be more naturally fitting with what exists to expand on her role there. :)
  9. Aelfan Active Member

That would be *something*, eh?

Certainly there seems to be support for having more fun with the deities than the tedium we have now. Maybe a festival for ALL of them if there are too many, or adding more deity content to existing festivals. But still, there are indeed gaps in the year that there may be appropriate for deities - a Tunare festival in the spring-early summer, for instance. I mean, a festival for some of those evil deities might be frowned upon anyway.
  10. Aelfan Active Member

Just realised that it is May Day today, a big festival around the world, with Maypoles and dancing, the beinning of Spring, the beginning of Growth. But nothing in Norrath. Maybe a good time for a Tunare festival?
  11. Aelfan Active Member

I'm sure there is some rule about not continuously replying to your own thread once everyone else has stopped, so I *will* stop after this one. I think I first thought of this after the run of festivals early in the year when Erollisi, Brell, and Bristlebane get their festivals in rapid succession between mid-February and the beginning of April (Chronoportals is thrown in there too). Right now it is June 2nd, so that was two months back, and the next festival is Tinkerfest almost two months away. I *know* we should be out enjoying the nice weather and not playing computer games, but it does rain some days! I think the festivals are one of the best things in EQ2, it would be nice to have a couple more about now, as I have said, maybe a Tunare festival on May Day when everything is growing, or a Solusek festival in the height of the Summer. General Updates are nice (for some), but a new festival will be paying back every year. Rainmare's post pretty much includes every major deity, making the lore and theology of Norrath far more meaningful to its denizens.

Okay. now I'm done.
  12. Aelfan Active Member

Okay, I lied, I am replying yet again. Does this mean someone listened to this awesome idea? :)
  13. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Did you get in on the two new festivals, Oceansfull and Scorched Sky?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Aelfan like this.
  14. Aelfan Active Member

Yes I did! Hopefully they will be built on in the future!
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I think that, frankly, right after Bristlebane we're all about to collapse. I know I am - I love the holidays and festivals, but with all of them right in a row that way (and some even overlapping), it got pretty darn exhausting!

I loved the new festivals, because they were nice and relaxing. I certainly wouldn't mind more like that. :)
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

They could group the Deities with similar ideologies together and place them in July and August. Nothing elaborate like Frostfell or Erollisi. They can start small like Oceansfull and Scorched Sky and expand up them the following year just like they do for NoTD, Frostfell, Erollisi, etc.

Mobile games seem to start a new event the day the prior event ended so there is always something occurring. Don't know about anybody else, but I still think we need Kaitheel to have a round table in an open chat forum where all of this can be discussed so he hears what we want and he can tell us what can be done. He is the only one that listens to us and he gets us. I suppose I should say Chrol too, but I have not had as much interaction with Chrol.