Defiler's Maelstrom nerf

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Torquem, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Kioske Well-Known Member

I understand that Dark Siphoning, Maelstrom, Warden Tree all needed to be nerfed for power feed, but did they need to be useless to cast? 1% power feed every 2-3 seconds is useless, and I don't understand how anyone who codes for this game looked at that number and thought that was appropriate. Gninja, you say you devs play this game, and then you make choices like this that completely ruin gameplay, and it boggles the mind. Do you really play? I know you used to, before DBG took over, I raided with you, but that toon that you used to play hasn't been played since AoM.

There are so many different issues with the game these days, I just don't understand wasting man power on changing these power feeds.

My suggestion is changing Dark Siphoning and Maelstrom to feed 5-7% per tick instead of 1%, and changing the tree feed to roughly the same. They won't be the best power feeds in the game, but at least they will be worth casting at that point.
    Rebelde and Adaac like this.
  2. Adaac Member

well I parked my defiler now I can park my warden too never any chanters on to run heroic content and it is absolutey no fun standing there OOM and auto attacking
    Rebelde likes this.
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

defilers have soul canibalize to feed themself and wardens have hierophantic to feed themself.

when it come to mana we still aren't the worst.

edit : Oh no ..; soul cannibalize also has been change to % mana ?? oooh :/
  4. Kioske Well-Known Member

[IMG]

18 power feed per tick? That's the nerf?
  5. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Costs more power to cast, than it gives o_O
  6. slica Active Member

@ Gninja tbh the only power issues I have is in soh raid zone on trash..my grp with a coercer and definer... I’m just oom hitting dagger storm and afk.. bout the only issue I have. Thankfully I can’t make raids when my guild usually goes in there. Hah
  7. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I find Savante still useful. When mob mana drains suck power like a a 100 yr old reawakened vampire sucks blood, anything that minimizes spell costs using mana is a good thing. All your other thoughts track with mine except for last comment. Now that they've effectively cut the legs off mana generation by other classes, enchanters are left to assume the load. Unfortunately, not every group can afford to have both types and illy power generation is really limited especially for group. If the devs vision is that enchanters are power feeders, then both should be able to do it equally well.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

I understand the problem better than you might think. The problem is, players think devs know everything about the game and all the details involved because, well, you created all the facets: the design, what kinds of damage and what mobs do, the scripting, etc. You are imbued with that perception from players for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, that's likely not the case because you each have different facets of the game to manage and control. That became somewhat obvious during the course of a dialogue on a similar post about power draining which was recently removed. So, from a player standpoint, the assumption that every dev knew everything about every facet of the game suddenly got called into question. I don't see that as a bad thing as clarity around roles is a good thing. Part of the problem is that devs sometimes fire off a short response to a question without thinking about the context of the answer to the problem. In a number of cases, this has backfired and yes, the post did get "hijacked." The problem we're all dealing with is perception and communication, which leads to assumptions and you know what they say about "assume." Both sides, devs and players have made a lot of assumptions. While we appreciate your efforts to stay involved with the community, the devs for some of these problems never post or appear to be involved or aware there are problems. Silence is not golden--in fact, silence or no response is often a message in itself. When I was in a management role, I had a saying, "The only people who never make mistakes are people who aren't doing anything. Once you know you've made one, acknowledge it and have a plan to fix the problem and communicate that. And then, try not to make the same mistake again."
    Both sides of the community want the same thing because we both profit from it when it works. Both sides can do a better job of communicating and less resorting to nonsensical observations that are personally insulting to the respective person or group. When a problem surfaces--and it will--take the accountability for it, fix it and move on. We'll all be better for it in the long run.
    Pixistik and Dude like this.
  9. slica Active Member

@gninja can you or whoever’s over it take a look at the power drain on the second named in zraxths heroic/expert n prob frenzied too. just kinda sit oom for most of the fight currently... also the trash before it seems to love to zap scouts power repetitively as well.
  10. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello

I am in anger too of these power regain nerves through all classes , DB please dont touch any mechanic anymore which dont have the knowlage about.
    The Powerregain from Warlock / Defiler / Myhstic / and some more classes was fine as it was in KA addon, now we are having issuses over issuses to get finished every Instance, because without a Chanter thier is no way to keep up the Power and you, it does no sense to nerv all into ground which worke fine all the time same on the self wards.
    Chanters arent increased by thier abbillitys to regain Power, Mob Scripts arent nerved the same way everything is brocken now.
    At least i isnt possible to have a chanter on every group.

So Increase the Power Regain on all clases back to the half of thier stats from KA addon would be enough to play the game als usual, but atm every Heroic or Raid Zone is horrible.

Thier cant be a Chanter on every Groupe so many of them arent available on server so why runin our game by nevering anything which worked fine down to useless ???

Power Regain should be refixed on KA stats or you will lose some more players you left yet by making everquest to evergrind or evan erver anger because every never you do will make normal gaming impossible.

Helfiren
  11. Tiao New Member

1% power per tick would be a huge improvement right now.....I have about 1 million power, so 10K would be great. My tree is ticking about 15. Is this really intended?
  12. Gothun New Member

I called % based heals back when they came out with the new battleground thing that I forget the name of, but of course I was way ahead of my time. I still think my idea for changing wards to damage reduction simplifies all the garbage they're trying to do with bleedthrough. And before anyone starts crying 'o m g dr is furies thing', everyone has some sort of damage reduction, not just furies.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Shaman don't have enough 'real' heals to be viable if their wards are turned into mere DR.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

defilers could work out .. mystics no way