Defiler's Maelstrom nerf

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Torquem, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Torquem Active Member

Hi

I agree the prepatch Maelstrom mana regeneration was completely overpowered.

But the new one is barely a group manastone. It compares with necromancers hearts. (I tried it with the first named in Wizard's Den)

Can we hope for a bit of tweaking ?
  2. Rebelde Active Member

No! Only wardens can regen group power
    2k per tic.... Delete the entire mana regen effect, don't give us this s***
  3. Torquem Active Member

I'm afraid for my fellow warden friends, they'll be the next for the mana regen nerf bat.....
    Mindsway likes this.
  4. Rebelde Active Member

I can't understand wh they change spells, AAs... in the middle of an expansion
  5. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Between this and the continuing percent-based heal madness, I'm starting to wonder if the devs even play this game...this is past repeating the same mistakes, now they're throwing in new ones to boot...
    Pixistik, Mindsway and Meneltel like this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Hopefully next week we see the following;
    • Chanters power feeds increased significantly.
    • Druid tree reduced power feeding
    • BL Powerfeed reduced or spiritual only
    • Bards powerfeeds increased slightly.
    Mindsway likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

The power drains in the game seem to be 'balanced' around power feed strong then what chanters can do...
    If they're going to nerf power feeds, they need to nerf power drains as well.
    This huge of a change this far into an expansion will, literally, mean guilds will suddenly be unable to complete content they've trivialized because they don't have the tools in the raid force any more.
    Songwind, Mindsway and Pengana like this.
  8. Anaogi Well-Known Member

And they have a bad habit of changing player abilities, but not adjusting encounters accordingly...
    Meneltel likes this.
  9. Rebelde Active Member

Have you been in Ykesha? No? DON'T GO!
    Meneltel likes this.
  10. Kioske Well-Known Member

Powerfeeding in this game is just insanely stupid at this point. Why bother having it as a stat? The Devs obviously can't keep up with how to manage it. Maelstrom was made into Dark Siphoning now.
  11. knine Well-Known Member

because they don't care lol.. They envision new examine windows.. boom that's what we get.. they envision percent based heals.. it's coming (already being tested in PQ's lol).. they envision chanters being primary mana feeders.. watch out wardens and BL.. they are next.. like above poster said, I doubt they even play and ones that do, we are playing their "envisioned" version of the game lol...
  12. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

This^^
    This post is spot on.. me thinks they are playing someone elses game and just randomly changing things in this one at this point, or chating it up in Discord.
  13. Tajar Well-Known Member

I don't care if they take my mana regen away as a BL, so long as they give it to the classes who are supposed to be mana feeders. Enchanters should be THE strongest mana regen, with other classes having lesser ability to do so. At the moment, enchanters struggle to keep up with power feeds, while I can full mana people every 15 secs with hardly batting an eyelid.
  14. Winceton New Member

Can't even begin to express my disappointment with this change. Basically the mana refill component has been removed from a spell that has become a mainstay. If percent based heals come in like the PQ's I'm done. Period. I feel like a heel in them now and I'm in T3....
    Rebelde likes this.
  15. Torquem Active Member

The present expert Maelstrom gives back a whopping 2,4 % in about 20 seconds, in the very best case. I think a fair compromise would lie somewhere between 10 and 15%.

By the way, completely off-topic, when Devs plan to fix Crystallize Soul VII ? It never procs at level 110, and only when mentoring under 100..... I sent a few bug reports, but no answers.
  16. Moorefallen Active Member

As long as our self-regen abilities are left alone I think I am ok with this, I would like to see the traditional mana roles buffed a little.
  17. Rebelde Active Member

There is an annoying mana drain in Guk, so they nerf defilers. Who will be next? I burn my tinker manastone, power potion, malice, cannibalize... and I was OPP almost all the time in Ykesha. Thank you very much for the NERF

BTW we had an illy in group and he was oop too
  18. Adaac Member

Thanks for the info now my Defiler is permanently parked I've had enough of this nerf insanity
  19. Torquem Active Member

I can't see a reason to take a defiler for Fabled Guk zones: mana drains, 100+% bleedthrough....
    A warden is much more valuable there !
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

You only get 100% bleedthrough if you've got 10+ encounters.. and by that time you've also got OVER 100% reduction of incoming heals.. which means wardens are just as useless.
    For every trigger of 10% bleedthrough the mobs have, players get a trigger of 15% reduced healing incoming.

The devs solution to the 'problem' of players clearing zones to quickly isn't to reduce outgoing damage.. it's to make mess with healers and make them progressively more and more useless.
    Can't mess with the dpsers, parse... no.. just make everybody think their healers are garbage. That will work well...
    Mindsway likes this.