Defiler

Discussion in 'Priests' started by aindriu, Jul 7, 2018.

1. aindriu Member

Hey guys,

I am nearly 110 and I am looking for a guide on how to build and equip my defiler to be ready for grouping.

What stats on gear, AAs, diety, adornments, and infusions (and anything else) do I need to make him viable?

What should I get first when I freshly ding 110, and what should I be projecting towards as he matures.

Thanks,
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Make sure you have 100 reuse (and little or no reuse above 100), 100+ casting speed and as many hitpoints and as much potency as you can get.
    Go double conversion on your first prestige page. Put max points into enhanced vigor on your 2nd prestige page. Take the personal ward on the dragon page.
    Spec for Soul Shackle (2nd prestige page) and Spirit Aegis (heroic page).
  3. aindriu Member

Thanks. I'm getting a set of the rubicite chainmail made for me for starters. Then I am going to get experts on all my spells.

After that, I am aiming for the four orange adornments - championship, juxtaposition, challenge and witness - to boost my hp.

What other adornments do I need to put on my defiler gear please?

After I get my rubicite armour, expert spells, and adornments - what should I be doing?

Will I be able to run solo missions to farm tokens then for better gear?

Thanks for your suggestions so far!
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can start farming solos even before you have the rubicite. You won't get better gear out of it, but you'll get gear to transmute to get components for your oranges plus tokens to buy double cast cloak and belt off the status merchant in CoV.
    For white adorns. potency in your armor, health in all other slots that will take it. ability mod in your charms. For belt and cloak whites, you'll be stuck with last expac or farming Proving Grounds. The devs, in their infinite wisdom, left out craftable curent tier white adorns for belt and cloak slot.
    For oranges... put in the 3 you get as you level toward 110. The class adorn you get in your cloak and then whatever other oranges you can get. When you have extras, then you can make choices.
  5. Kari Well-Known Member

Go to the panda Yun Zi in sundered frontier and do his quests. He will give you a good set of 4 white adorns to put on four armor pieces. He will also give you some assorted orange adorns for each ascension class, you can pick up the ones that help your ascension class and use them to fill in the holes. Some of them are better than others, so when you get more orange adorns from running content, then you can drop some of them.

If you are running the proving grounds for the belt/cloak white adorns or orange adorns, the easiest one is the solo skyshrine PG. You can select a dps avatar and you won't be hindered by low dps. They are time consuming when you are learning, but you can get a run down to about 7-8 minutes with practice. The level 1 adorns are pretty cheap and you can start using them right away while you slowly work on leveling getting more tokens or gathering the crafting mats for the crafted adorns (i recommend just doing level 1 and then working on the crafted ones, which are best in slot). There is a spell to remove adorns that you can get from your class trainer, so when if you want to upgrade them with PG merchant, you can just pop them out and buy the upgraded version.

Also if you have mastercrafted armor, expert spells, and have as much adorned as possible, you should be able to run some heroics. Solos are pretty dull on a defiler, so grouping is a lot better. Have your epic 1.0 or epic repercussions done so you have the heal over time spell Nightmares. Spec for ancestral channeling in the shaman tree so you have a solid emergency heal. Make sure you have 100 reuse so you can recast your spells promptly. Try to start with teir 1 heroics until you are used to grouping.