[Defiler] Patch Day Blues

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Odur27, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Odur27 Member

Anyone else Noticing that group wards for Defilers seem to be broken after todays' patch? Carrion Warding, Soul Shackle, and Spirit Aegis were all failing to critically apply almost 100% of the time. In the Maintained window they look fine. But when you actually look at the parse breakdowns and watch your groups HP spike you can see that something is very wrong. For most of the raid tonight my group wards wouldn't protect anyone for more than roughly 570k per hit. Soul Shackle was protecting a little bit more than that, with absorbs over 600k at times. Spirit Aegis was maxing out at 670k absorbed per hit. Seems like the Fix meant for Spiritual Leadership got inadvertently applied to all group wards.
  2. knine Well-Known Member

seriously, we had to nerf critical chance to apply to another ward, something that's been there forever.... before long they will remove crit chance at all from wards lol.. wow just wow..
  3. Kari Well-Known Member

I was still seeing good performance from my group ward last night. On the fight I am linking, it's average ward was only 795k, but there were quite a few hits that it warded for 25-30 million.
    [IMG]

Here is more detail on carrion warding, it was warding a lot of small hits but with big ones mixed in. It only ever shows the heal portion as crit, but the higher numbers on the absorption is consistent with critting. One thing I noticed in the detail is it isn't showing a bleed through anymore.

[IMG]

One thing you might want to check is if you have a channeler in your raid casting truespirit rift on the main tank. If he is casting it on the tank it will mess up your wards, if he just makes a macro to cast it on himself and stands near your tank, then the tank will still get the heal from it and it won't mess up your wards.
  4. Odur27 Member

I would say that this could be it, but one we make the channelers Macro that to themselves and two it was doing the same thing in a group after raid where I was solo healing. So this is something that got screwed in the patch.
  5. Odur27 Member

6. Mineeme Member

Umm, notice your crit hits on Carrion Warding is now 3%. I'm seeing similar results on other defilers. Was 100% crits before the patch. Now almost no crit hits.
  7. Kari Well-Known Member

I pulled my logs from the raid on the 17th and was seeing the same crit level as last night.
  8. Mineeme Member

Oops, you are right. I must have been looking at the wrong column or something. Looks like in ACT details, 'Absorption' damage type never crits, only 'Hitpoints' will crit, which throws off the percentages.
  9. Odur27 Member

Even if you don't go by the numbers just run some zones as a solo healer and you'll notice the difference. Last night was the first time ever where I was truly struggling to keep my group alive. Massive spiking despite keeping all the wards up. I also never rely on Spiritual Leadership, so its not that.
  10. Kari Well-Known Member

I haven't healed any heroics since the patch, so everything I have is just from raid with another healer in group. I will run some heroics tonight. It could be things work differently solo.
  11. Chiffon Active Member

I don't know much about channelers, but I would like to know what exactly truespirit rift does that interferes with shaman wards. Would you mind explaining that a bit more?
  12. Kari Well-Known Member

I have no idea what it does to interfere, just that it has been commonly observed that when a channeler is casting it on the tank and then a shaman casts a ward on the tank, the ward is about 1/10 the normal size. My suspicion is that the ward stops critting, but I don't really know what is actually happening.

I haven't retested it since KA came out, but that's how it worked in Thalumbra. You can test it by having a channeler cast truespirit rift on the tank and then casting your single target ward on the tank. If you look in the maintained window you can easily see the different amount. It is an easy fix though because if the channeler macros it to themselves, it is an aoe heal that will still heal the tank but your ward will work normally.
  13. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Wards not factoring everything correctly is one thing.. This however is not a bug.

The CC difference you are seeing is an actual HP% healed portion of the spell. Absorption does not apply as a crit. Multiplied but, not how it shows up in ACT. Pretty sure it never did... Unless I forgot everything the 2 years I was gone.
  14. Fleurs Active Member

In my guild, i heal the main tank, and against Chomp, a raid named, i usually do between 12m and 15 hps, and now, i do exactly the same, i did not checked the ACT cautiously, but my HPS on hard hitting mob (chomp) is exactly the same.
  15. Kari Well-Known Member

Yes, you are remembering correctly.