Defiler auto-attack

Discussion in 'Defiler' started by ARCHIVED-Eugam, Sep 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

Hi,
    why is casting a spell disabling melee auto-attack ?
    Unless i missed a checkbox in the options this doesnt make sense at all. I do activate melee auto-attack manually by clicking the ability. But as soon as i cast a spell its off again. I think this shouldnt happen. If i switch on auto-attack manually it should remain active until i switch it off or the mobs are dead.

Do other "hybrids" like bards or crusaders have the same problem ? This should basically ruin their dps and thats why i think i maybe missed something in the options...
  2. ARCHIVED-Cocytus Guest

It's not canceling melee auto so much as trying to turn on spell auto. I guess this is the affect you see instead, when you probably have no spell auto.
  3. ARCHIVED-gatrm Guest

It may only try to turn on spell auto if you have a spell ranged weapon equipped. At least for both my inq and my warden, if I cast a spell, it does not turn on spell auto, and I do not have one of the ranged spell weapons equipped on either of those toons.
    It's the same issue that rangers have been complaining about forever, where when they use a melee combat art, it turns off ranged autoattack and turns on melee autoattack.
    I believe a "fix" that rangers use is to macro a toggle to all their melee autoattacks turning on ranged autoattack...you may need to do the same, but turning on melee autoattack with each spell cast. I don't know the command off the top of my head, but it's something like /melee 0.../melee 1......something like that.
  4. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

gatrm wrote:
    The Macro isnt the problem. But i think it resets the auto-attack timer every time. Its not like the Defiler is a melee beast, but i d like to get the boost from Ancestral Authority if possible.
    What is a spell ranged weapon for example ? Is there any for the shaman ?
  5. ARCHIVED-dotdotdot Guest

Eugam wrote:
    No, it will not reset the timer each time you hit the macro. Only Mages and Priests get spell auto attack, which is comparible to a melee's ranged auto attack. You need a ranged spell weapon to use it (not a symbol), there are a few new ones that have been sprinkled around since this addition was made. Bards and crusaders do not have to worry about spells turning spell auto attack on because they do not do it. But it is like a melee attack turning off ranged auto for a ranger.
  6. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

Alright DEVs, this needs some fixing :)
    Above all the appearance of my weapon switches uner certain circumstances to a mage one hand staff (yellow/gold with a pink gem on top) :) I have none equiped. I have a one hand melee weapon and shield and a spear and shield as appearance.

There also should be an option to not stop melee auto-attack. To many AA refer to melee. Or add spell damage to all priest equipable shields and use this slot for ranged auto-attack instead of the ranged slot.
  7. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

Eugam wrote:
    Problem was me
    This is a low level toon and an early quest offers a ranged spell attack symbol. I had that one equiped without recognizing it. One replaced by a "normal" censer all works as it should.
  8. ARCHIVED-Levatino Guest

Eugam wrote:
    Thanks for the info, had the same issue with my fury