Default UI and Coin Listing Limitations On Broker - Mail

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Miroh, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Miroh Well-Known Member

I've brought this up before but can we get the ability to list on the broker above 999999p without having to use 999999g 100x (possible exaggeration of times but unlikely) to reach the millions that have been common for a long time now?

I know there are 3rd party UI's like DarqUI that allow you to list above 1 million quickly and easily but I would rather not have to do that because I prefer the Default. But I will continue to click 999999g until my mouse breaks so I do hope there is a fix to this sometime in the future since it is a well known issue.

The same goes for mailing coin beyond 999999p.

Thanks!

PS I didn't know if this was the right section to post this in; my apologies if not.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I am pretty sure it's only Maj'Dul that has the insane inflation in the millions. You only need one tiny file from DarqUI, the Set Price Popup, and you're golden. I've never tried to mail millions of plat (eek!).
  3. Svenone Well-Known Member

I use DrumsUI, and it has this ability for the Broker, but like Sigrdifa I have never even tried to mail that kind of coin.

You may need to seek professional help, though! I mean, you actually like the default UI?? /boggle Personally, I can't stand the default UI, with the blatant DBC button and the awful invisible fat borders. Drums has gotten rid of most of those invisible fat borders and the blatant DBC button. It's not that I am against the concept of DBC, I just hate having it "in my face", so to speak. As far as I am concerned, it could only be worse if they forced a pop-up window cajoling us to buy it. Maybe I shouldn't say that, though, as it may give marketing evil ideas. /shudder
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  4. Miroh Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned that too me and if I could be instructed how I would try it. As for Maj'Dul being the only one...that's a negative. Kronos are currently going for between 1.8 to 2 million on Skyfire. And I didn't know about the mail until i tried to send a few million to another account lol.

I have always enjoyed EQ's UI. From the release of Everquest 1 to now in Everquest 2. I just enjoy the original concepts of most things. I have absolutely no want to use a different UI and I wish Daybreak would want to make this change in order to make it less difficult to list items as prices increase. It's a very well known issue. But items needing an adjustment to their haste, dps or other stats by 2% is a bigger priority.
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I like the default UI. Have no need to go outside for any third party add-ons other than EQ2Maps (which is wonderful for someone who gets lost in her own house).

I gave ESO a go - there were two reasons why I gave it a miss after a couple of weeks. One was the movement - I hate having the mouse fixed to the middle of the screen. The other was the huge number of third party add-ons you needed just for quality of life things like a mini-map.
    Blazen likes this.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You guys act like it's an entire whole UI. It's not. It's one little XML window.

(1) Inside your EQ2 installation, there is a subfolder called UI. Inside that folder, create a new folder and name it DarqUI. (Mine is at C:\Program Files\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI\DarqUI -- yours may very well be somewhat different since I forced mine to be somewhere I could find it.)

(2) Next you need the DarqUI updater. Download that to your new DarqUI folder, then install it.

(3) Run DarqUI Unified.exe -- When the DarqUI Utility opens, it will want to check its files. Wait for it to do that.

(4) From the menu on the left, click Files. The Custom UI Folder needs to be pointed to your DarqUI folder that you created in step 1.

(5) On the left menu, click Updates

(6) The Updates page has a list of ~60 UI pieces, check the "Skip" checkbox for everything in the list, except Set Prices (Broker).

(7) There is a button that says Update 1 File, click it.

(8) Close the Utiliy.

(9) Open Notepad.exe -- you need the following two lines of text in the file:

cl_ui_skinname DarqUI
    cl_ui_subdir UI/

(10) Save this file in your main EverQuest II folder, name it eq2.ini (double check to make sure Notepad didn't tack on .txt to the end of that).

(11) Start EQ2. You will have the complete default UI, except for the one Set Price window.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. flameweaver Well-Known Member

For steps 9 & 10 you should check your game folder to see whether you already have an eq2.ini file, otherwise you'll end up overwriting it. If you do have one then open that it notepad instead.
    Rosyposy and Sigrdrifa like this.
  8. Momo Well-Known Member

But wouldnt it honestly make sense to put a new, higher tier currency in the game? Some insane metal name, cool sparkly icon and worth some realmuch plat (10k? 100k?) - problem solved for everybody?

I have truly no idea how difficult it would be to implement something like that, though.
    Rhodris likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

It would make more sense to radically reduce the amount of plat available in-game. No, there's no real fair way to do this, but the inflation isn't fair to those of who weren't exploiting, either.
    flameweaver likes this.
  10. Miroh Well-Known Member

The point is, the game shouldn't require the use of a 3rd party anomaly for a simple issue such as this. They already list items from merchants over 1000000 plat.

I could get behind this but i think that would be a huge change and quite buggy at this stage of the game.

That would be one way to anger the masses and lose even more customers.
    Momo and Rhodris like this.
  11. Wilowsong Active Member

You can only have 99g before it turns into a plat. How can you have 999999g?
  12. Miroh Well-Known Member

You're on the Skyfire server aren't you? Listing anything on the broker for over 999999 plat requires you to follow with 999999 gold in order to go into the Millions. You only hit the "OK" button when you have reached the value you want for the item. If you have the default UI, this is what you have to do if you have anything that's valued above 999999 plat.

-Edit: Your signature says you are from Skyfire so, durp on me.
  13. Wilowsong Active Member

So if you sell anything for that much you won't get 999999g, you will get X amount of plat?
  14. Dude Well-Known Member

Better than that. When you enter 999,999gp, it will automatically increase the plat amount. Not only will you get the increased amount, but you'll see what that amount is before you actually put the item up for sale. you can keep entering more GP until you reach the amount in PP that you want.
  15. Wilowsong Active Member

Cool. Thanks Dude!
    Dude likes this.