Decorator Quality of Life Improvements

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by NrthnStar5, Nov 10, 2016.

1. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

As I was doing some decorating in the GH this evening, I wanted to share some suggestions on Quality of Life improvements for the decorating community. I'd also love to utilize this thread for others to add to it.

• Snap to Object - This would be a toggled feature, that when toggled on, would allow the object your trying to place to snap to an object near it. How wonderful would this be for tile laying, walls, or anything that you want to be side-by-side!
    • Object Name when selecting an object in Decorator Mode - When decorator mode is turned on and you select an object in your house, the edit wheel pops up. I'd love to see the name of the selected object inside of that wheel. This would verify that we have the correct object selected and would prevent mistakes.
    • Copy - This would allow us to copy the properties of an object (size/scale, x/y/x axis) and use it for the same object. Allowing us to easily duplicate items easily.
    Oh, and I'm aware of the layout editor, but would love to see these features in-game.
    Mystyrys, Sinhika, Zhaanish and 14 others like this.
  2. Ethini Well-Known Member

This would be awesome. I'm old school, and use the game's built in editor, I simply can't wrap my old brain around the other one.
  3. Valzen Well-Known Member

I agree with your post and we do need some improvements.

In regards to your second bullet point: The item does show when clicked on in decorating mode. It's not in the middle of the circle, but it's there. I'd be crazy without it! lol

These are some other things we've been asking for:
    1. Sliders for back/forth and sideways to move items in-game editing tool Old thread here
    2. House items to stack in bags. (most heirloom ones now do)
    3. Search option in moving crate and house item list (similar to auction house search)
    4. Ability to drop items from bags to moving crate instead of placing in house first (similar to depots)
    5. Plain windows! :)
  4. Spextasy Well-Known Member

1.) Leaderboards search function.
    2.) Leaderboards search function.
    3.) Leaderboards search function.
    4.) A "furniture depot" that would work much like the moving crate, except we could drag / drop items into it, and we could pull out stacks instead of one at a time. (Who ever just needs one tile? :p )
    5.) Leadboards search function.
    6.) Pets not to sink into stuff that isn't the natural floor of the home.
    7 - 10.) Yep, you guessed it. Leaderboards search function!

:)
  5. Puckling Active Member

And

6. Merriel Well-Known Member

I second the entire thread above and add one more request:

Please change it so FLOOR TILES render BEFORE our characters...everything else, no problem, it can stay as it is. Even if we use other objects to tile the floor, we can still sink tiles into those items to 'create' a safe floor so that we don't end up beneath the structure.

Having ONLY floor tiles render before our characters could really resolve a lot of the issues we are having with getting 'trapped' in houses, shouldn't extend the loading time for very much longer than it is already, and would hopefully also prevent pets and/or npc's from ending up beneath the structure as well. This would resolve many issues that we currently have with our homes.

And to reiterate yet once again...Leaderboard Search Function...please!
  7. Chrissdae Active Member

All these suggestions would be wonderful, and Leaderboard Search Function would be so great! I would like to be able to search for type of house. So if I wanted to see how people decorated the Isle, I could just see those houses! If someone knows a way around it, please let me know, other than going in and out of those houses at the clickies in Qeynos and FP!
  8. Kenana Well-Known Member

~Leaderboard Search Function, please!
  9. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

I too use the game's built in editor, I can't wrap my old brain around the other one either! DON'T EVER get rid of the ingame one! Us non-rocket-scientists NEED it!
  10. Gretel Well-Known Member

Agreed! I sometimes use the layout editor for really pain-in-the-bum stuff, like building the massive black marble room in my Afterlife house, but I do nearly all my decorating with the game's built-in editor because it feels more hands-on/crafty, if that makes any sense. :)
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I almost always use the Notepad Method if I'm not going really old-school (Ctrl or Shift, with or without Alt), though I've gotten more friendly with the decorator mode. I also have both Sennen's and JesDyr's layout editors, which I've used with varying degrees of success. ;->

Uwk
    Mystyrys likes this.
  12. Zhaanish Well-Known Member

I also second everything in this thread. I personally would just rather they go back to loading everything before our characters. I used to log out in the tree houses that were sold on the marketplace because that's where my crafting stations and daily crafting guys are, but no more. Once ToT came out I would end up at the bottom of the Freeport harbor when I logged in there with no easy way to even get out. :( While I could tile those houses, I'd just rather everything else load before my character. I'm fine with the delay.

I also agree with an in game snap to type function especially for tiles. I too use the layout editor but it shouldn't be necessary for something as simple as laying tiles.
  13. Gretel Well-Known Member

OMG, I thought of something to add.

Could we please, please, when we pick up an item in-game, not have it immediately jump across the screen? I just want to pick something up, move it like a couple pixels, and put it back down, but it does the Time Warp (just a jump to the left....then a step to the right...) and then I put it down and it's still not right and I have to do it again and Time Warp again, and then I'm crying.

Yeah, I could use the editor to scoot something slightly, but I prefer in-game decorating. :)
  14. Mystyrys Well-Known Member

The ability to move just the moving box to a new house, without taking the entire contents of that house. Just what's in the box.

If the moving box list is separate from the house item list (you can retrieve/move all from house, but the box shows only what's in the box, right?) then it should be doable, yes?