Deck the Halls! Frostfell is almost here!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Cassta Well-Known Member

TMI TMI :D
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  2. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I wasn't prepared for combat... and the game wouldn't let me activate my merc. Said it wasn't allowed in the gift zone where I took the gift to the gnome.
    Cassta, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When you first come into the Frostfell Wonderland Village, and you go to your left all the way to the wall and then make a right and down a short ramp and then right and another ramp and you arrive at the ice, there is an island straight in front of you. On this island is a Gigglegibber with a green feather named Sogs Frostfoot, he will offer you a quest called Frostfell Decoration Committee. You go back up the ramp the way you came and enter the big ice doors just by the first set of tables at the top of the ramps and select Permafrost Crypt: Decorating Retribution when you click on the door.

Once you zone into the instance, you will see 8 goblins with feathers, they each offer a different crafting task which can be completed on the tables inside the instance, all the materials required are right there next to the goblins, and a bit further down is another goblin that will sell you the 3 types of fuel required to craft the items. This is the goblin that has the 3 keys. Be careful when you walk down from where you zone in to where the goblins are because there is a slick patch of ice, you can see that it appears to look different, walk slowly, then jump over the slick part, then you will be able to walk normally without sliding. No matter what your crafting level or specialty, you will be able to complete all of the crafting tasks and this is a great way to gain crafting levels quickly if you are a lower level crafter. When you have completed all of the crafting tasks and turned them in to each of the goblins, wait for the entire scene to end, before exiting. Then walk back over to where you jumped over the slick ice, jump the other way, and walk back to the exit, then return to Sogs Frostfoot for your token reward. You can repeat this quest every 18 hours. I will give you a link below to the quest for the keys:

http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/article_page.php?article=q134&menustr=080000000000

Good Luck!!!
    Cassta, Juraiya and Breanna like this.
  4. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thanks, printed the linked page to pdf. I'll do the same for this one.

Character I took to the village today, I upped crafting to 29 from 28. Decided to go to Qeynos for shinies.

Came across a package, it said To you from Santa. Opened it and got a nice snow cloud mount. Yeehaa !
    Cyrrena, Cassta and Breanna like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Got it done. But I don't think it said 'Decorating Committee'.

Off to find the items to make the crafting stations.
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

the frostfell crafting stations you find the recipes for the 3 keys in that crafting instance nd yes there is no fighting what so ever in there once you get the recipes ( level 90 trade skill ) you can make them on any Frostfell woodworking station with regular
    materials and holiday fuel.
    Next you go out to Darklight woods ,Greater Faydark , Common lands and or Antonica and hunt for chests you can unlock with those keys .
    there are 3 different chests and 3 different keys happy hunt and you get your Frostfell stations that way , you can use all year.
  7. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I just checked - it's called "Frostfell Decoration Committee: Permafrost!" The quest giver is a goblin, right near that ramp that you come down from the entrance. He has a green feather, which indicates it's a tradeskill quest. The reward is 10 E'ci coins.

When you're in the instance, like Cyrrena said, the fuel seller sells the recipes for the keys. They're recipes, not actual keys, mind. You also have to be a certain minimum crafter to make the keys, and the keys need to be made on one of the Frostfell stations, I think. I don't recall which one. Or I could be wrong, maybe they're made on a regular crafting station, but I don't think so.

After you've made the keys, you can hunt various places for the chests. There are specific locations for each chest, and each key opens up a particular chest. The wiki should give more info on it. The chests show up on Track Harvestables, as I recall, which is very helpful.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The keys showed Level 90 tradeskill on the recipes.

I found all 3. Took me about an hour and a half. Maybe 2 hours.

I think there should be more than one of each available for us to find at the same time.
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Cassta Well-Known Member

Yes I agree. It can get REALLY crazy when more than one person, or groups of people are looking at the same time. CONGRATS on getting all 3!
    Breanna and Geroblue like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

you can commission craft those keys for any other character , any level , no level requirement for finding the boxes.
  11. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'm putting the craft stations on one location per server. I have the ones placed for my Maj'Dul characters.

Need to take some time off from the game today and Monday or so craft the keys for the accounts on Skyfire.

Did get 7 crafting levels out of making the decorations the dragon then glowered at... So, I think I'll try the key crafting.

Have to stock up on Frostfell fuels and crafting bits and pieces.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, update. My character with a 31 tradeskill can scribe and make 70th level recipes. But not 90th.

So, I did some calculations. I divided 70 by 31, rounded off and came up with 2.26

38 times 2.26 = 85.88. So I think I can scribe and make items with recipes of 85th level.

90 divided by 2.26 = 39.8 or tradeskill of 40 in order to scribe and make such items.

If I'm wrong, please let me know. Thanks !

Off to sleep, perchance to dream of recipes and tradeskilling.

Night !
    Cassta likes this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Santa Glug does a fly over of Qeynos and Freeport. If he does Qeynos on even hours, he does Freeport on odd hours. You will find those gifts dropped along his flight path, I think you can open one every 2 minutes.
    Cassta, Siren, Geroblue and 2 others like this.
  14. Somedude Active Member

I've been a bit naughty and a bit nice...
    Cassta and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

well I have not been there in a good wile but having to go through all the gathering obsession quests again I came this way .
    I am happy to see that the dwarfs of Thurgadin now too have at least some holiday decorations .
    I remember a long time ago pointing out that we went to new places in unknown lands and decorated their places with more or less agreement of the locals, but our allies the dwarfs of Thurgadin had no such a thing.
    Bleak and barren of all decorations it was sad around Frostfell time.
    Hmm now where could we go to next to bring holiday cheer ? To bad this little goblin already took care of the tomb of the faceless.
    Cassta, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Antz Member

Edit: Ah, I found it! The waypoint streamer stopped short so I thought the magic closet was already gone. Nevermind then, I'm off to enjoy the FWV fun :)

Returning to the fun of EQII this week after several years away. New character leveling up in Frostfang and New Halas. I read a guide saying to find a magic closet in the middle of New Halas in order to travel to the Frostfell Wonderland Village. But my New Halas has empty streets and no closet. So am I assuming it's too late to travel to the FWVillage? TIA :)
    Cassta likes this.
  17. Siren Well-Known Member

The closet and decorations (and glowies) are still there. Either you're in the wrong place, or your PC is not loading the game environments properly. Update your video drivers, shut down other open programs while you're playing EQ2? Reboot once in a while? Is your PC really old?
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have found that NPCs and some buildings are slow loading the past couple of days.

This includes around the Magic Closets going to Wonderland Village.
  19. Antz Member

Kind of a lol moment here...did you not read the Edited part of my post you quoted ? :)
    Cassta likes this.
  20. Antz Member

Thanks! Happy Frostfell :)