Deathtouching non fighters

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fairin, Nov 28, 2017.

1. semisus Does not play this game

I really hope they have removed the 22 point requirement to get the 24 positional then cause i dont like spending 22 points of useless crap to get this 1 thing with a 90 sec reuse.
    Believe and Fairin like this.
  2. Vunder Well-Known Member

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to play my tank again.

1) People are mean.
    2) People can't manage agro on their own and blow their load, die, then refer to #1
    3) Hard to raid on a tank when most top guilds have a tank...could carry you along, not parse high enough, then refer to #1
    4) Lastly, playing catchup on the epic 2.0 and then grinding the NEW FACTION GATES...not gonna happen..i let my script lapse those faction gates can go to hell.
    Fairin likes this.
  3. Fairin Active Member

soloing group related content is a thrill and a challenge, some people even find it fun to accomplish it. fighting toe to toe with the cards stacked against you. and the rewards if you manage it. are your own personal heroic shinies.

the option is no longer there.. unless yer a brawler or crusader now. and is one of the unfair things we want changed.
  4. Griffson Member

Honestly I don't get the forced mechanic. I completely understand making it harder for non-fighters to tank - but if a scout has some native skills for it, and they gear for max hp, max hate gain, etc., then why introduce an artificial murder script? If Fairin wants to gear himself and design the AA spec for it, then it's fine for the game to make it harder for him just not to force kill him just cause. The whole point of utility is the ability to not only support the other 3 archetypes but also to supplement their capabilities... otherwise why would bards be able to do dps, stoneskin as a tank, heal, powerfeed, etc.? We won't do any of it as well as the classes that have that native capability, which is fine, but don't make it basically useless.
  5. Yado Active Member

you do know that there are DPS checks as well, in heroics? I do i have seen them in action when we tried to low man heroics with a tank, healer and a DPS. We didn't have enough and didn't make it very far at all. So your claim that it is unfair that Brawlers and Crusaders will just be able to willy-nilly just run in and solo a heroic at will doesn't hold water at all.
    Gannor and Believe like this.
  6. Yado Active Member

Fairin likes this.
  7. Fairin Active Member

this was nerfed but, etherealsts could 1 shot heroic bosses without aid by the end of december, sure it was nerfed twice but you can still manage it sometimes when the stars align.

most heroic bosses have around 75 billion hp in KA - this is very VERY easy to break in half by any raider 3 months into the expansion.

dps checks off the top of my head are.. the gooblin king, first boss of stronghold. 3rd and 4th boss of spire, first 2 bosses of tombs, which with stronger ascended spells make the burn easier. - that means theres only 2 zones you couldnt solo(with mediocore dps) the first boss and collect shinies.
  8. Yado Active Member

And we are not talking about KA there is no mention this will apply to KA just PoM
  9. Fairin Active Member

time flows like a river and history repeats.
  10. Castegyre Well-Known Member

I miss the days when as a healer I could let people die for playing stupidly and not get yelled at for it.

I also miss the days when there were more than three roles in most games and developers still made content taking them into account, but that's a whole other mess to dive in to.
    Gannor likes this.
  11. Datoon Active Member

Blaa, Blaa, Blaa just play the game instead of trying to control it... DBG are at last doing something for all and not just raiders.... comfy armchairs 8<
  12. Dannni Active Member

Lol how did this end up being 3 pages... non fighters shouldnt be tanking raid mobs, the end.
  13. Fairin Active Member

they are also doing it to heroic content as well. and one of the things we are fighting for.
  14. Fairin Active Member

had a chance to cool down so...

This is how i see this change happening for Raids : the few scouts capable of doing this no longer can. me and those other guy/girls/attackhelicopters, will be sad. the Others that rip aggro die (usually) instantly anyway. DT is Moot.

This is how i see this change happening for Heroics: - the few scouts and mages that ran groups with the increased difficulty of not being a fighter are now required to recruit tanks for their groups, thus reducing the pool of actual tanks to make groups.

the guild groups that run with fighters will obviously be unaffected and those people will just scoff and say roll a fighter, but who really has time to run 2 mains? my raid team has 3 fighter mains and no need for a fourth.

and think of this further. if theres only 3 raid tanks in the guild whos gonna tank for the mage group? a pug? *gulp* an alt? who has time for alts to hold off well geared raiders?

yes there is a change to help alts gear up, but not tithe up or skill up. - this is a MUCH needed bandaid similiar to the account wide tithe idea but does not create magical tanks out of thin air if people don't want to play fighters for simple heroics.

less people tanking heroics in an already small population of players will not help things in the long run.
  15. Gninja Developer

Tithe up and skill up for alts should be part of the level up bauble, etc.
    Believe likes this.
  16. Enigma Active Member

This mechanic should be removed from heroics at the least. Having it in raids is understandable but even then i wouldn't even have it cause the raid names will still one or two shot anyone who is not a tank.
    Fairin likes this.
  17. Enigma Active Member

I can already see late night or even afternoons being a boring drag when you are looking for a tank just cause you need one in order to get your heroic dailies out of the way...
    Fairin likes this.
  18. Enigma Active Member

There should always be more options for heroic content to be tanked unless its some super challenge mode heroic.

.1) Scouts who run defensive set ups with gear/AA's etc

.2) Summoner tank pets can have a use here if they actually shared hp/mit/resists/avoidence from their masters.

.3) Having all that mit gear being use for tanking might actually be a decent idea for any class who wishes to tank some easy heroics etc.
    Fairin likes this.
  19. Emmuno New Member

Reading Comprehension 101.

It says raids, no where, in any form does it say heroic, so quit ******** and learn to read..
    Believe and Sure like this.
  20. Fairin Active Member

will say it again - heroic bosses have this feature as well.