Deathtouching non fighters

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fairin, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Believe New Member

Well you are free to make choices its just that choices have consequences;

you choose to tank a raid or heroic Boss Mob and get death-touched as a result

you can choose to all your abilities when it makes sense from debuffs, potm, jester cap, abhorrent verse, evade etc. pretty sure u don't have just auto-attack and go afk, but if u choose to use abhorrent verse on your self and pull Boss onto yourself or use ethereal assassin to blast mob and snap boss onto yourself and you get death-touched.... well you have chosen poorly

if you do not want to get placed into 'death-touch coffin' box I suggest making friends with tank or roll your own tank.. otherwise let tanks pull mobs. If dps class chooses to rip or pull a raid boss they will prolly get death-touched too, so try to play the class accordingly otherwise its death-touch box for you.

Chance Choice Consequences ;)
  2. Fairin Active Member

again, freedom of choice, i choose to be a non fighter tank, just because its not in my "class role" doesn't mean i haven't done it since before ages end.

while i like their cat race over kerra 100%, i also firmly believe they need to make eso6 and stop screwing around. you could also say gw2 where there are no healers/tanks just dps. its even less fun.
  3. Fairin Active Member

i have friends with tanks.. they're alts. not the main they wanna play. ive tanked for my groups for the last few years and suddenly now that choice is gone. and all i can do is fight for my freedom of choice here. deathtouch be damned i will AV my aggro onto the alt tank doing 1/10th the dps of the main assassin it replaced.
  4. Datoon Active Member

But we are supposed to be talking about tanking and other classes out shinining classical tanks. ie shadow knights and guards, zerkers then came up and filled many group slots making traditional tanks redundant... So my argument is all are good, monks to. but come on lets face it, it's all about generating the threat and hate that makes a good tank.
  5. Yado Active Member

You cant just make up your own class this game has never been about that. So there is no such thing as a nonfighter tank. Stat overbloat and the lack of class balancing through the last few xpac's has given players a false sense of security and entitlement. This is not changing the game from its original intent but fixing a wrong that has been going on for too long.
    Believe likes this.
  6. Earar Well-Known Member

that's still the problem

uselessness of tanks !

people stopped playing tanks for that reason. When u choose to play fighter (I don't say tank, I say fighter) ... your choices are limited. People (unless friends) usually won't let u take the spot of a dps class. And .. just not fair that as a tank I'm kind of screwed while most scouts/mages can have the best of both worlds.

I want as a fighter to be able to compete with scouts if I'm not tanking. (not talking about ascensions, on short fight sure I compete .. on longer fights .. no way)
  7. Minxy I am my own man forever and ever!

seems to me if u continue to tank fairin u either have the most deaths in new expac so quit complaining about ur right of choice.
  8. Fairin Active Member

Scout tanking has always been a thing since release. sure fighters did it better, just like scouts dps better. the point im trying to make is, now there is no option.

imagine with me if you will consider, the opposite - if a scout cant tank, then a tank cant dps.- imagine if they said if you engage a boss as a fighter you cannot deal damage to it. only dps classes can.

being death touched cause you're not a fighter is silly, and needs to be removed before people get into heroics / raiding.
  9. Duffy Active Member

As a healer, I just hate one shot mechanics, except for failing scripts. I am all for making tanks important again, but that is like taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut. People should survive some hits, tanks should be able to pull mob back again without people dying to an artificial death touch mechanic.
  10. Fairin Active Member

no way i can compete with Nizard on that...

i'll continue to tank no matter what, just getting around the deathtouch is more annoying than it needs to be.
  11. olleran Active Member

When tanks got Reckless and could compete with the dps, the outcry was from the dps was deafening
    Malleria, Earar, Errrorr and 2 others like this.
  12. Believe New Member

Well hopefully this expac will make Tanking Great again and those players hiding on non-tank alts who like to tank will take the plunge. There was some tank changes in the notes esp with potency and taunting. You might be able heal your way thru death touch u have like 45 mill hp unless the Boss mob is hitting for like hundreds of millions if that's case you might need a bigger boat.
    quisling and Yado like this.
  13. Yado Active Member

This isn’t always the case and it doesn’t happen instantly in most cases, but the majority are set up this way per Gninja

You pull off the tank you won't get instantly one-shot but you will have to learn to control your ago. You will not be able to hold the mob boss for long at all. use you de-agro
    Keta, Believe and Gninja like this.
  14. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

It's a pretty clumsy fix, the same is bleedthrough. It does not realy fix anything, but rather makes the life of non-fighters harder. (The same as with Defilers: they are still the best healers, they are absolutely needed in raids and can solo heal most of the encounters; while other healers still strugle to do so. Nothing has realy changed, just one unneeded mechanic added).

The change is fine in raid enviroment, though still clumsy. But absolutely unaceptable in heroics. Again:
    1) The population of the game is very low. The population of tanks is extremly low. After several months it will be very hard to find a tank in general.
    2) When, and if, we reach the level of soloing heroics, tanks, especially brawlers and crusaders, will be the only classes able to do them. That is my hugest concern here! I love soloing hard stuff and heroic shines have always been a good source of my income.
    Earar and Fairin like this.
  15. Datoon Active Member

This is the tradition, tank, main healer keeps main tank alive, Warden (or group healer) keeps group alive, The other three members of the group are optional depending on how high the DPS, because they are the killers.. Main tanks are not supposed to have high DPS, A tanks main role is to attract the damage so the rest can do there jobs...
    Keta, quisling, Yado and 1 other person like this.
  16. Sinupox New Member

Please no deathtouch mechanic on non-fighters in heroic zones.
    Fairin likes this.
  17. Fairin Active Member

don't forget about the tiers of tanks as well. casual / heroic / raid tanks, them casuals have no hope of holding off me much less my mythical'd up friends.

that is also one of my biggest concerns too - soloing the hard stuff for shinies when we inevitably out gear the content.nope. have to bring a fighter along! ><
  18. Yado Active Member

How would you fix it then? It is not clumsy. While I will agree the game population is low compared to yesteryear it is not like there are only 50 people playing at one time. What is low is the number of classes that people want to play that are not considered sexy as in super high kill them all DPS. Your main complaint is that you will not be able to solo heroics so you can sell shinies. How is that good for the game? How is solo ever going to work well in an RPG game that original intent was for groups of player to get together to achieve a common goal? There is solo content and always has been but there is also group related content that should always require a group with certain roles filled that are necessary for completion. EQ2 is an MMORPG for solo there are game like Fallout 4 or GTA5
    Believe likes this.
  19. Earar Well-Known Member

then diminish the number of classes ? :)
    Fairin likes this.
  20. Fairin Active Member

*lists eq1 classes as example*