Deathtoll is an embarrassment.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Liav, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liav Well-Known Member

You've managed to put the Deathtoll population through the entire life cycle of Nagafen in about 6 months. How is it even possible for a company as big as DBG to screw up this badly?

There is very nearly ZERO pvp from 10-50, and every at 60 just logs in to raid/do their prismatics. It's a god damn glorified PvE server at this point.

I'd give my left nut to have DBG disappear so a much better company can hire Kander and absorb the EQ IP to actually turn this franchise into something meaningful. I can't wait to hear your plans about how you're going to scrap EQN and turn it into a browser game.

I hate you, DBG.

Sincerely,

Deathtoll
    Nokomiss and Mizgamer62 like this.
  2. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Big. You're using that word, but I don't think you know what it means.
    Siren, Ajjantis, Wirewhisker and 2 others like this.
  3. Liav Well-Known Member

I don't know what the budget for EQN is but I can almost guarantee that it's among the top 3 most expensive games in development right now. Coupled with the fact that they were acquired by new investors. They have all of the resources and none of the management skills. The only alternative is apathy.

They either intentionally don't give a **** about EQ2, or they do care and they're just horrible at their jobs.

Pick one.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

Except they burned all the budget by completely scrapping and re-starting development on EQN several times. There are how many people working on EQ2 right now, half a dozen? I'm not sure what you expected.
    Siren, Kalderon and Wirewhisker like this.
  5. GBlack Active Member

Usually ppl trying not to do something they can't handle. Yeah, they have very small staff, they are very busy, they have no time for fixes etc. But there is one thing they did very well - taking money while knowing that TLE would be a total flop with putting so little effort they did.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Perhaps the PvP Population is slightly to blame, being a more welcoming may help you entice new players or keep them around, rather than being a cesspit of **** attitudes
  7. Solid11 Active Member

Does anyone even like to PVP in this game? Seems more like there would be a secret fight club than full blown PVP centered server.
  8. Milambers Active Member

Can't help but agree. The TLE servers couldn't really have been handled much worse. If they don't step up for KoS it's over.

Most PvP players have similar attitudes to PvE players. All servers have a few loudmouth idiots, and while PvP may have a couple more than average, that pales in comparison to the impact of so little effort put into a successful TLE launch.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  9. Liav Well-Known Member

PvP players being more toxic than PvE players is kind of silly and I'm a little bored of seeing it regurgitated. I've been a bluebie since day 1 and I've always been toxic. Not only that, but PvE guilds have some of the most ******, toxic, cliquey mentalities of any niche of the game I've ever experienced.

PvP is only very slightly worse at best, but regurgitating the "us vs. them" crap really doesn't help anyone.

Ultimately, TLE was poorly implemented and the responsibility is 100% on DBG to make it right. Nagafen was massively populated at one point. PvP isn't as much of a niche as people like to pretend it is, and the dwindling PvP is mostly because DBG arbitrarily decided to not keep it updated with the rest of the game.

Unsurprisingly, their apathy towards PvP followed not long after they started pushing micromonetization harder. Their engagement in social media also skyrocketed around this time.

EQN is going to have in-game rewards focused around social media participation. I guarantee it. It's been a long time coming, but DBG have sold this franchise out and are literally just whoring us out for $.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  10. Liav Well-Known Member

Ish still plays, I only came back a few days ago to find the server an absolute ghost town with little to no incentive to finish leveling my main to 60.

Miss you too bb.
    Mizgamer62, Nokomiss and Ishtara like this.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It seems to escape players that the fact is this: TLE is nothing more than locked expansions.
    Without the expense of putting TLE under it's own realm, they won't be able to do anything there that might cause issues with the rest of the US servers.
    So as far as clamoring for balanced classes (has the player-base EVER been happy when it comes to this since 2004?) on the TLE servers, I really don't see this happening.
    I miss how PvP was at it's launch... those glorious days are gone forever!
    Berserkerkitten likes this.
  12. Liav Well-Known Member

Either that or an actual fitting replacement game comes out that isn't a total abortion.

I'd rather they just take care of EQ2 properly but I've been disenfranchised with this studio for a long time. At one point I even defended the acquisition to Columbus Nova, but now it turns out that literally every negative prediction people had about it ended up being the reality.

Unfortunately the only future I see for the EQ franchise is EQN being a total flop that bankrupts DBG, and in an act of desperacy they sell the rights to the game to someone who actually cares. Either that, or an amazing third-party Nagafen emulator comes out (like Nostalrius has done for WoW, several thousand players).
    Mizgamer62 and Ishtara like this.
  13. Liav Well-Known Member

The problem is the way that they're handling the expansion unlocks. That, in addition to a lot of the stupid mechanical changes they made, have culminated in a mass exodus from the server in record time.

The fact that a bunch of casuals voted no for KoS the first time around, in addition to the current state of the server, is a testament to the fact that a pure democracy is literally the worst possible thing for the server.

They need to unlock KoS immediately regardless of the vote outcome, and release a statement saying that they will permanently lock the server and suspend voting until they actually have a stable playerbase.

The fact that they deleted Nagafen due to a "lack of interest" when the "lack of interest" was 100% a result of their ****** development is a ******* insult. They're going to do the same thing to Deathtoll once the population dips into the single digits without ever acknowledging that the state of things is a direct result of their actions.
    Mizgamer62 and Ishtara like this.
  14. Zythus Active Member

[IMG]
  15. Ishtara Well-Known Member

<3 <3 <3

:)
    Nokomiss likes this.
  16. Nokomiss Member

I miss all 3 of you!! Ish, Liav and Sora :( <3
    Ishtara likes this.
  17. Zurf New Member

Can't expect the server to be populated 10-50 when most the population on deathtoll is 60. 10-50 was fun at release, 60-70 will be the rage here eventually. The PVE server is full of people leveling toons, outside of there being no PVP, I am loving the PVE server.
    Kalderon likes this.
  18. Satyr Well-Known Member

Raiding a few times a week with a tight x 3, and I have a full roster logging in daily. The server is what you make of it. Most people can't be bothered to look past the main signature line and instanced dungeons. I've had some fantastic help, but honestly, we built this in two weeks. I don't understand why people in Qeynos can't get their act together.

Personally I think the problem with the PVP rules set in this game is that for a server with relatively low population compared to the hey day of Nagafen, the split factions will naturally limit the amount of people who can level through because finding a group is difficult. I'm not sure if this is something which is even feasible to change, or if the players would want it though.
  19. GBlack Active Member

Nothing like different rulesets and other cosmetics won't help to maintain a healthy server pop with the main issue as very bad server/game implementation. And that is we have on TLE (DT especially). Ppl left cuz the very core of the game is a mockery.
  20. That guy. Well-Known Member

There is a difference between having investors vs. being owned by an investment firm. Investment firms are in existence to pull in money, not hand it out. They have a lot less resources than they had with Sony. Or haven't you noticed the first thing that happened when acquired by Columbus Nova was the immediate firing of most Daybreak employees.
    Leeroy, Siren, Eradani and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.