[Death's Grip] Mythical

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Araxes, Feb 12, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-satyr-icon Guest

I think the mythical epic holds "hidden secrets" that might nob be obvious to the average player. However, the weapon can not be obtained by the average player, so it does not matter. The Fabled epic can be obtained by anyone and is therefore easier to understand and see the benefit of.
    To produce good dps numbers in a raid setting as a warlock, even on single mobs, you have to use your encounter spells. If you can produce 5k dps on single raidmobs without the mythical, then you would like to think that you can at least produce 6-7k by the 30% dps boost effect alone, adding the doubling of broods etc on top of that, the epic is extremely powerfull indeed. And to top it off, the deagro bit is extremely powerfull, it actually grants you extra dps from not having to worry AS MUCH about your agro in most cases.
  2. ARCHIVED-Exo2tikras Guest

Hmm. I'm sorry if this question is already answered somewhere, but i couldn't find it.

So when the encounter spells become single target, are their casting timers reduced at all? Or the recast for that matter, although it's not as important.
  3. ARCHIVED-CelebornXI Guest

only the base damage of the spells are increased by 30%, all 3 of our in encounter damaging spells..
    and for those warlocks who don't think we got screwed in comparison to the wizard epic
    ROFL...
    I'd take 10% base damage for everything (since it also affects the procs on your gear)
    over a 30% increase to three, yes THREE, of our spells, one of which isn't worth casting even when
    with a 30% increase. Not to mention they also receive a chance to double spell attack.
    Is the proc on our mythical nice?
    yes
    Does our mythical compare to the wizard epic (whom our class is supposed to be in "balance" tm with)?
    no

Is our class still capable?
    yes

Do I feel neglected as a class?
    yes

Can I still destroy the parse?
    when I choose to ;-)
  4. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

So why are you complaining if you can destroy the parse anytime you choose to?

Do you want us to be like Assassins, where we are sure to be nerfed in this upcoming wave of unspeakable class changes?

I mean, all in all, we are in a pretty good way at the moment. We still have unfair aggro mechanics, but THAT aside ...

You would disagree?

As a fellow AB lock, you know there aren't that many of us in T8 ... we got to represent!
  5. ARCHIVED-CelebornXI Guest

complaining about people who don't think we got screwed on our epic
    and how people think our epic is useful, while nice, it isn't great /shrug