Deathly Pallor - Issues

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Necronstreksis, Apr 11, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Necronstreksis Guest

/gets out soapbox

I think it's extreme that Deathly Pallor (while useful) has a recast of 15m, duration of 15m, and drops all our concentration slots.

We, as Necromancers, have no other aggro reduction spell (like almost every other caster/priest/scout) class except Deathly Pallor (which we don't get till 43!!). It is too much that we not only lose all of our buffs and pet, as well as need to wait 15m to use it again. The FD that other classes receive has a near-instant refresh and lasts for 12 hours.

I'd be happy with 15m recast, 12 hour duration.
    I'd be happy with no recast, 15m duration.
    I'd be happy with 15m recast, 15m duration... but keep concentration*

ANY OF THOSE WOULD MAKE IT BETTER....
    C'mon toss us a freaken bone... Or give us a spell that reduces aggro.

*Yeah, I know how badly this could be abused if you could get XP/issue pet commands while FD'd.... so even if they prevented that I'd be semi-happy.
  2. ARCHIVED-HoSSy Guest

well the good thing about ours is it never fails...even on epic mobs where as feign for brawler has a 75% chance to work and doesnt work against epic mobs or really higher mobs then there lvl
    would like to see a 5 min timer or so though at least.
    Message Edited by HoSSy on 04-11-2005 02:27 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Handlebars Guest

Or the timer or recast dependent on the level of the spell you have (i.e. App, Adept, Mast).
  4. ARCHIVED-Dastion84 Guest

Never fails, so I can see the reason for the 15 minute timer. Though that might be a little extreme. Keep in mind that the shaman deaggro spells (which just lower aggro, don't erase it) are on a 15 minute timer though.
  5. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

I didn't think it was that bad, after playing a bruiser (lucky to succeed FD on a blue mob). I do think the pet should die, but the buffs should merely cease to have an effect while "dead" since they don't always go back on properly without zoning. Of course, if the devs can't fix that bug they probably aren't capable of temporarily deactivating a buff, either.

I'd be nervous asking for any sort of change to this spell because its failure rate seems too good to be true already--if we ask for improvements, someone might actually notice how useful it is.

And don't forget, it's also useful for making the griffin play dead, and while brawlers also have this ability, it's still....um....OK. Killing the griffin isn't really all that great.
  6. ARCHIVED-Allowen Guest

Bruiser/monk also lose all concentration buffs when they have a FD attempt that worked but the 5 slots sed are only from two buffs only cause one uses 3 slots and other uses 2 but they have an extra 3rd group buff to cast.
    Anyways they refresh their buffs faster cause they have only three to cast against our five and also cause cast while moving +no pet (takes a few seconds to mak it ).
  7. ARCHIVED-Dastion84 Guest

Doesn't matter how many buffs you have. They won't change it based on that. The reason buffs come down, guys and gals, is because buffs cause aggro. Ever grouped with a bard? Any adds that aren't taunted will almost always go for the bard because of all the buffs they have up. Since feign death removes all agg I'd assume that leaving buffs up might cause some issues with aggro. And leaving the pet up...well that just leaves a whole lot of room for issues.
  8. ARCHIVED-Estean1 Guest

Ok if this buff never fails, what do you gain by upgrading it to adept III etc?

Estean Bonerattler
  9. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

hehe...I think I asked that somewhere below...is it worth upgrading? I guess I'll upgrade the first time it fails me. Currently app1 has served me well enough, though I haven't played with raid bosses over 55ish.
  10. ARCHIVED-Dastion84 Guest

There are two factors to feign spells. Failure chance and levels effected. We are lucky in that we get a 100% chance as long as it's within the range. So updating ti just improves the level range which you can feign.
  11. ARCHIVED-Estean1 Guest

ok I had the master version of this drop for me in a group.. rofl that mean I feign for raid mobs? figure I get one of the useless ones to drop for me
  12. ARCHIVED-HoSSy Guest

dont need master , can FD on raid mobs now..
  13. ARCHIVED-Garlin1 Guest

While I do miss the EQ1 days of a .5 or so sec cast, and like a 2 sec recast on FD, I think 15 mins is a decent amount of time. I don't know if its 100% fullproof for I have been killed by a melee (not rampage or spell) from a raid mob before while FD. Besides, normally in most situations if you have to use FD then have to use it again before 15 mins your gonna need to find a different group or something. Its a get out of death free card, enjoy it.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tybertanky Guest

i can honestly say that this spell has proved its worth time and time again, if only not to get debt then its well worth it.
    It has saved my life countless times in the solo situations, and help restore the group faster if i have a cleric feather to res the cleric and i have managed to FD before getting clobbered.
    It has great potential.

Tyberious Blackheart
    45 Necromancer of the befallen server
    Officer of the Ootbd
  15. ARCHIVED-thisMoriMori Guest

But we don't really know the level affected--the spell description is completely inaccurate on that. Again, not something I'd like to point out to devs and get "fixed".
  16. ARCHIVED-firewolf Guest

Just wanted to add that the pet should be allowed up when FD. SOE already has a very nice way of doing it in EQ1. It is not unbalancing in any way at all. EQ2 necromancer looks more like a mage in EQ1 than a necromancer. All the usefull necromancer spells in EQ1 are practically gone or of a much weaker version. So at least allow us necromancer to fd with pet up. Why must necromancer be restricted to the role of evil version of conjuror. Allowing more variety is good. Playing a necromancer should feel very differently than a conjuror. But then again I suppose the whinners will cry unfair advantage. Sometimes, I find EQ1 players are less obssessed with "class balancing" than EQ2 players.
  17. ARCHIVED-Ponno Guest

so I just bought the adept 1 version of this spell. it says has 0% chance of success for mobs level 38 and higher. so I can only use this on greens? or from what I am reading this may just be one of those things where a programmer someone wrote something they shouldn't?
    I hope it's just a mistake on the description, can anyone just confirm for me before I go and look stupid when I feign death in lavastorm?
  18. ARCHIVED-Jakanden Guest

Just like to mention this has been on Bugs list for quite a while so I agree =)
  19. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

I've never had it fail against a non-epic mob. When using it be sure to FD somewhere out of agro range so you won't get clobbered when you get up (lots of wanderers and stuff in LS, easy to poorly judge where to FD).
  20. ARCHIVED-Ponno Guest

good thanks for the fast responses. not really worried about where I'm gonna FD but just didnt want to use it and still get pummeled anyway. :smileyhappy: