Fixed Internally "Deathless" and other tank items..

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Tanto, Jul 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Now have no stats. I can post screenshots if it's needed, but I imagine Discord is a boiling maelstrom of rage right now so probably not necessary.
    It seems those changes to itemisation to fix a problem on TLE have broken all tank armour on live.
    Chath and Mrdufrane like this.
  2. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

confirmed all deathless stuff broken nearly no stats missing 100 up to 150millions HP and like 20K pot and CB is mssing to normaly on 8.2K solo now only 7,2 and familliar is casted.
    Mod and all other stats lowered too.

Good we arnt raiding today but sadly no heroics too with those stats

Check overseers than log out hopefully tomorrow its fixed.

Helfiren
  3. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Missing Stats on items on live is a bug, the team is looking into it. A fix is being built right now and is incoming.
    A downtime will be required, I do not currently have an ETA for when it will occur but likely early this afternoon.
    Sionx, Breanna, Jinksie and 4 others like this.
  4. olleran Active Member

Thank you for keeping us in the loop dreamweaver
    Sionx and Tierisch like this.
  5. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It looks like the servers are going to be coming down around 2 PM PDT, I don't have an exact time frame but a warning will run 15 minutes before on all servers.
    Tierisch and Breanna like this.
  6. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

Sorry, got caught doing something AFK.

There was a delay in the update looking at closer to 3-3:15 PDT
    Tierisch and Breanna like this.
  7. Hduprez New Member

How long do you think the downtime will be? Trying to plan raid or going to cancel it.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Cesium New Member

2pm has come and gone. 3pm has come and gone. Any idea when this will be resolved?
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

I guess their version control isn't set up to just let them pull the old version of the gear out and put it back in.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

It does not.

And ETA 15 minutes for servers coming down. Servers will be down for approximately 1 hour.
  11. Bhayar Well-Known Member

This is not the first time "fixing a problem on TLE" has fubared live servers. There's a long chain in that history. And Dream, as usual, thanks for being communicative on fix. I know it's going to impact our raid, so timing sucks big time. There's some really hostile people chatting atm about this mistake, haha.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

We are arriving or are a little past the original 1 hour ETA. They are currently smoke testing the hotfix and I don't have an updated ETA yet. Once I do I will let everyone know.
    Breanna, SinR, Tierisch and 2 others like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Thanks for keeping us updated.
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Ducky72558 New Member

Smoke testing or smoke breaking heheh

just kidding i need my evercrack fix
    Tierisch likes this.
  15. Enimo New Member

Do you guys EVER test patches before applying them.. This is becoming to common place these days..

11am patch applied, and oh hell we broke something. 6hrs later still broke.. Maybe you should test patches on a live test server to see what you actually broke before applying it to actual live servers. Thats just IT/Dev one-o-one. Atleast rollup a backup (i hope you do backups..) of the working server and apply that so the people that pay for your house can play the game. then work on a fix.
  16. SinR New Member

It'll be OK. just go outside for a little. get some air. you're not the only one affected by this, DBG/Darkpaw are in panic mode as well trying to get the game back up. they're working on it. just be patient for a little bit.

And for what its worth, thanks DBG/DP. yeah i was looking forward to working my Dirge's Crafting, but it is what it is
    Breanna and Tierisch like this.
  17. dorotea Well-Known Member

Whenever there is a patch the chance of something going wrong is significant. From my perspective Daybreak hasn't been doing that badly - to the point where most of us actually expect a patch to work and not produce errors so bad that it cannot wait until the next patch day. Just the fact that people are surprised and upset that on a patch day the servers go back down for an hour or two validates my point.

I am a gamer not a techie so I may be missing something basic but it strikes me that a change for one ruleset affecting another ruleset is a lot harder to find in testing. They quite likely put the TLE change in late in the process and either didn't test the normal ruleset yet again after that or they did but didn't spend the time to look at every piece of gear in the game to check for changes.
    Tierisch likes this.
  18. Shenaynay New Member

It'll be OK. just go outside for a little. get some air. you're not the only one affected by this, DBG/Darkpaw are in panic mode as well trying to get the game back up. they're working on it. just be patient for a little bit.

Okay , ive been outside , patted the dog , now what do i do?
    Tierisch likes this.
  19. SinR New Member

grab a snack? Popcorn's always been my go-to snack
    Tierisch likes this.
  20. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Some of us ask "what's going to get broken this time" when it's other than a spelling change. Frankly, there's a long history of screw ups when they do a patch for TLE impacting live servers. I would anticipate that a reasonable person KNOWING of that connection would have been careful to ensure changing armor on TLE didn't impact armor on live. That should have been a quick spot check to test. The real potential problem is going to be does this reset negatively impact the infusing that those armor pieces received? If it does, the population rightfully should have an issue with it. I'd not be shocked if it didn't impact it. If it doesn't, it should be another lesson learned; or phrased differently, how many times do you need to hit with a baseball bat before you duck?
    Argosunited likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.