Dear Dev's...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Charmaine, Oct 24, 2017.

1. Charmaine Active Member

Hey Guys n Gals, I was just wondering why folks can get more info about unexpected delays in update rollouts and problems with the game on Discord rather than here, in your official forums network? I don't get on discord due to the lack of conduct accountability and number of trolls there. Today, for instance, it took hours to get something posted about the delay in the update on the (I say again, official) forum. However, it was on Facebook, which I rarely use due to political nonsense, on discord, where I understand 7 DB employees were fielding questions, but not here. There are people who look to the forums for answers, but we don't seem to get them through official channels. I tend to be distrustful of anything outside of an official statement on an official network dedicated to disseminating information to your subscribers. Can anyone answer this for me? Thank you.
  2. panya223232 Member

this... this, 100 times this...
  3. Laaw Well-Known Member

hopefully this would be a friendlier and more conducive environment for passing info rather that a "Discord" forum which sounds combative and hostile
  4. Godzmight Member

Agreed 100%
  5. claudia6913 Active Member

I agree. I went to the discord only to have to block a troll or two. I found out more about the down time and the delay from Discord than the OFFICIAL forums. Not okay, imo.
  6. Bequick New Member

You got it right Charmaine! This is where official updates and discussion should take place.

Amen!
  7. Laaw Well-Known Member

Discord reminds me of US Congress
  8. Charmaine Active Member

What really grinds my gears is when they actually do post a small update and close it to comments and questions when there clearly isn't enough satisfactory information. The lack of communication is astounding.
  9. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I'm with this 100%. It baffles me why the DBG staff (other than Roxx) seem to completely ignore the forums.
  10. Laaw Well-Known Member

lol Not sure the dev's or eq2 has gotten this message yet. I have hope
  11. Laaw Well-Known Member

Hopefully the other staff is working on a fix :)
  12. Sharann Well-Known Member

For any game, when I'm looking for info I check the official game forum. I really don't see the benefit of using social medias, especially that there are so many. I wish we could get back to this communication line as it was for about 10 years and working well.
  13. Godzmight Member

Not sure how true but I hear the devs are very rude to paying customers on discord when theyre questioned and dont like it. Heres something dont hide behind a site so you can be rude to the people who keep you employed. have some respect
  14. Marae Well-Known Member

I agree that the forum here is where we should be able to find information about the game status, downtimes, delays, etc. Although I have Discord, it is strictly for use with friends on our own channel. I do not use social media like Facebook or Twitter for a variety of reasons. Further, I do not believe I should have to go around creating additional accounts elsewhere to get the information I should be able to get here, on the official forum for the game I am subscribed to.

I love EQ2 and have a lot of patience for things that are difficult and take time. But I would really like to be kept informed about delays such as today's in the most logical, easy to find place: this forum. Thank you.
  15. Laaw Well-Known Member

people may want to remember eq2 posts are not anonymous
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Drazielll Member

That's because devs(of any game or program) honestly have terrible people skills and 0 tolerance for people who do not exist within their field..... one thing we need to realize is that if we are frustrated, then they are cussing and swearing to kill whomever did not do their job properly, and sucking down whatever energy drink they like to try and resolve the issue. Although it does piss me off as a paid player that this happens and sometimes happens a little to frequently, I have to remind myself that they are trying the best they can. And believe me when I say that a pissed off dev is not someone you really want to talk to until after the have fixed the issues and verbally murdered the at guilt party of the team.
  17. Karioki Active Member

This is the only place I check. It is not my responsibility to check 3 or 4 different places to get status. It is daybreaks responsibility to post here in the official place for communications.
  18. Cynful New Member

wow can we please get some help/info on what going on or when we can log in and play the game o_O
  19. Charmaine Active Member

ABSOLUTELY! I believe they use discord because they think they can't be held accountable. IF anyone goes there and a DBG employee is rude or not forthcoming, please copy the thread and forward it to DBG admin in an email. Tell them how dissatisfied people are with these shennannigans!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Ceyllynn like this.
  20. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member