Dear Devs - A love letter and 2 wishes

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by SmakkUUp, Jan 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakath New Member

Atan do you have examples of AA's that were modified for this server? I was under the same impression as Smakk that they can't be modified specific to this server. (Not saying this isn't true just don't know of any proof of it being possible either).

If it is possible, then your suggestion of changing the crit AA is the appropriate fix. If not, the class trainer buff seems like a viable alternative. This would also give the devs a lot more power to manipulate DPS for specific classes without jeopardizing the balance setups they have on live.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

From the first page of this thread:

3. SmakkUUp Member

Caith has also said that wards never crit. I can't find any patch notes with significant changes to CB on AAs and if you go look at my list there are still probably over 100 AAs with CAB still on them and no additions to them.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

My only point was in response to Jakath's impression that AAs "can't be modified specific to this server." According to Fyreflyte, not only is it possible, it has happened. Whether it will be expanded to other skills is a whole different issue.
  5. Jakath New Member

I don't mean for my post to be interpreted as hostile if that's the way it came off. I'm simply asking for a concrete example. Based on how Caith has handled the warding situation I'm more of the opinion of "believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see."
  6. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I think you misinterpreted what I said. AAs have been modified with TLE balance in mind, however they were modified on live servers as well, since we cannot separate the two. Most of those changes had little to no balance impact on live servers, so it was easy to make changes that benefited TLE gameplay.
  7. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I appreciate you compiling a list like this, but unfortunately it isn't anything I can use. I asked you to bug anything that gave only crit bonus. I reviewed the first three items on this list, and all of them gave bonuses other than CB. I assume it is the same for most, if not all, of the rest of the list. Again, if you run into anything that offers no bonus other than CB, please bug it (or feel free to post it here), but I'm fairly confident we caught most of them already.
    Prissetta likes this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

So basically 2 healers are knee-capped on TLE until you guys decide its ok to turn CB on for the server. This was apparently balanced by making channelers broken OP to compensate for wards that can't crit.

The only plausible solution now is to provide a TLE only, class specific buff to mystics and defilers that changes their base crit bonus value for wards.

tldr; rip shapeople
    Petunia likes this.
  9. SmakkUUp Member

The ones on the EoF tree that offer reuse and CB Always gave Reuse and something else. Its a pure nerf to almost 100 AAs. If you want to know ones that are pure CB then the TSO endline for Bards is the biggest one. The real problem with not changing the AAs that have something else plus CB is that they used to have more.
    Petunia likes this.
  10. SmakkUUp Member

This is what i was talking about, they could add an item to the class trainers on the TLE that give balance buffs that they dont want on live. So like WDB for Assassins and Rangers, .2 Crit Bonus for Shamans, etc.
    Petunia likes this.
  11. ruthless619 Member

So not only are you ask for free labor (you should be the one to look up all these abilities not the community ) , you nit pick when data is compiled FOR YOU? Do you even play the product you work on ?

Talk about not being grateful.
    Cyclot, Fistpower, Mizgamer62 and 3 others like this.
  12. Reptoid Member

+1 Ruthless
    Mizgamer62 and Petunia like this.
  13. Jakath New Member

@ Fyreflyte: I really wish you would reconsider looking at the list provided by Smakk. Not changing these AA's will result in greater imbalance between classes. Just look at summoner's EoF trees. Necro's can put points into soulrot and are granted base damage and DoT speed improvements while the conj's crystal blast (the counterpart to soulrot) is given CB and casting speed. I can obviously go on and on but I'm not going to.

The point is EVERY AA and focus effect that is granting CB should be converted to the exact same % in potency. With toons running 75K+ potency on live these AAs are negligible and do not affect game balance in the slightest.

Please provide a reason to not changing this. Regardless of your stance I'll respect your opinion, but please try to see it from the player side of things. Some classes are being outright shafted or will be soon due to the current setup.
    Petunia and Ceyllynn like this.
  14. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I'm going to bow out of this discussion, since replies have resorted to personal attacks and incorrect assumptions.
    Sixgauge likes this.
  15. SmakkUUp Member

Dude, you gotta help me out a little here. We are only trying to help you help us. Some people are short on patience but there are no personal attacks (maybe that one guy a few posts up). Is there maybe a way I can contact you in a one-on-one way some how? I really just want to get a lot of the concerns the community has fixed or a solid understanding on why it can't be fixed.
    Petunia likes this.
  16. Petunia New Member

Fyreflyte we are not trying to attack you, we all appreciate the work that you do. However, we are trying to get crit to apply to shaman wards as they used to both on live and Stormhold. Help us help you
    SmakkUUp likes this.
  17. Jakath New Member

No, no you're not. I would still like my questions answered. You need to realize the people that are still sticking around in EQ2 genuinely want to see the game succeed and to do that we want to provide meaningful feedback so that YOU succeed. If onesie twosie posts are giving you s*** then ignore them, the majority of us would like a general constructive conversation on the state of the TLE.

The points in my previous post are extremely valid please think them over. As Smakk has said if you don't want to have the conversation in the forums then please contact one of us.

Regards,
    Jak
    SmakkUUp and Petunia like this.
  18. Okanagan Member

If there is incorrect assumptions being made then those assumptions should be clarified rather than ending all discussion.

I think there is some misunderstanding of what the players are asking for. We are not claiming that there is AAs that give no bonuses other than CBonus. The issue, is that there is AAs where the primary bonus of the AA is Cbonus, and it contains secondary non-CBonus affects that are negligible. This directly and in some cases highly impacts the balance of the classes who are now only receiving their secondary bonus.
    Ceyllynn, SmakkUUp and Petunia like this.
  19. SmakkUUp Member

@Cyclot

*Rolls eyes*
    Petunia likes this.
  20. Petunia New Member

N O B O D Y wants smakk for president. Jakath might be ok :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.