Dear Daybreak

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Miss_Jackie, Dec 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tekka Well-Known Member

The thing with posts like that of the person who has quit is that rarely is the thing listed the ONE reason for their decision, it just happens to be the LAST reason.

It illustrates what I've said in previous posts - Whether the chocolate coin bundles are actually* predatory is irrelevant when it engenders the same sentiment/resentment in the customer base as their previous poor or predatory monetization choices.

And you're right, the defenders can argue, accuse folks, post all the wiki links they want - it won't change the reality of a situation that is clearly visible. (they've just chosen to deny or ignore it)

*predatory practices are bad, however that is not the point I'm making here
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Just means that some of the customers are letting their wallets... or non-use of their wallets do their talking for them. Best way to get your point across to a company that at times seems not to hear anything else but the Ca-ching of a sale!
    Rosyposy and Kheldar like this.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I've been saying all along that Daybreak's likely price point for the snow globe house deed is $50. (This rationale is reinforced by Hoahmaru's comment that the house zone has the load size equivalent to Antonica). Obviously, until they come out and say that, we are debating over what came first: the chicken (bundle) or the egg (house deed). But even then, the theory of bundling intends at offering discounts for the consumer unless it is a monopolistic strategy of denying competitors access at stand-alone products (unbundling Internet Explorer from Microsoft Windows).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_bundling

Wikipedia:
    The only mention of a predatory scheme is when the price of the bundle is actually higher than of the sum of all its parts:

However, EQ2's bundles remain at the regular price and not at an inflated prices to account for the chocolate coins.
  4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

EQ2's bundles with chocolate coins are, from all of the facts, intended as discounts. Bundles are at regular price and said purchase of the bundles offer bonus currency. Furthermore, this is the first appearance of the snow globe house deed so to make a determination that the house deed could be sold separately at a lower price is pure speculation. (Though evidence is mounting that Daybreak's price point for the snow globe house deed is likely $50 now considering Haohmaru's comment that the house has a load size equivalent to Antonica).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Product_bundling

5. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Unlike other posters that attempt to address the pricing issue by objective standards of economics and marketing, you posit a subjective standard of public opinion and the after-effects. Anyone on a whim can make an argument about public opinion and its after-effects on about any issue that they personally disagree with.

This is not a Wikipedia article on the Bandwagon Fallacy.

http://www.fallacyfiles.org/bandwagn.html

Applied to your logic:

The sale of a standalone snow globe house deed is popular. Therefore, the standalone snow globe house deed is the only economic choice.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are apps for tipping. Just input the amount of the bill and it gives back the tip amount.
  7. Sikkun Member

Can’t figure out the math of tipping. Or why we have a mandatory (mostly) system that we call tipping? Lol

Easiest way to do it though:

Total Bill: $22.50
    10% = 2.25 (just shift the decimal)
    20%= 4.50

Japan is the easiest, no tipping period.

Europe gets confusing for me. Some places round up the check, other places have service charge on the pricing (may or may not go to waiter). Others you can leave some cash on the table, but if your paying credit they don’t really give you a chance to add a tip.

And every country I visit the “normal” seems to be different. Except everyone agrees tip in USA is huge.

One time I spent $800 trying to get a character with a known 1% drop rate. It was stupid and if I would have bought bigger bundles I would have got a lot more in game currency for the same price. But when you start down the slot machine path you tell yourself you won’t spend $800 on an item. I never got the character and the next morning my wife who has spent $0 on the game got it for free. I instantly uninstalled the game. Why continue spending money on the game, I had spent 1000’s and my wife’s free account was better than mine. I was a whale, until I finally realized I wasn’t actually being rewarded for spending money.

Not relevant to the chocolate coins, but that’s my life story on loot boxes. Personally I will now only give money to companies that allow me to purchase what I want, not random grab boxes and bundles. Just sell the product for a price.
    Meneltel and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Nor do I 'do apps'. My phone does texts and makes and receives calls. Nothing more.
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

Sorry for double post - can't figure out how to do a double quote in the same post.

I'm in New Zealand - we don't tip here either. Nor does Australia.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

You continue to make (deliberate) misrepresentations of my posts and insert your own wild speculations, rather than address my actual statements.

Look, I can Wikipedia, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

I have already stated that while you continue to act in bad faith, this conversation is over.

Gillymann has made an open invitation for discussion, if you have the intellectual fortitude to take him up on it.

I said, Good day, sir.
    Xariama_AB, Kheldar and Rosyposy like this.
  11. Ummmyeh Active Member

Your word count is just amazing. You will change this game one day!!!!
    Benito likes this.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The funny thing is that I moved on from your responses but you felt snarky enough to post: "And you're right, the defenders can argue, accuse folks, post all the wiki links they want - it won't change the reality of a situation that is clearly visible. (they've just chosen to deny or ignore it)." You launched the first salvo here, sir.

You attempt to take the "commanding heights" by repeatedly posting the tangential accusation of invoking "straw man" when, in fact, my arguments have been targeting your weak points.

Generally, you've been passive-aggressive through this whole debate.

As for Gillymann, EQ2 forums are neutral ground.

Maybe the devs are reading my responses and I've sufficiently defended them where no action will be taken.

You probably should follow this maxim: If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. (So please refrain from snarky references to me if you can't handle the heat).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.