Deadly combo's: what's yours?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by ARCHIVED-ElendenAV, Nov 23, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-ElendenAV Guest

Someone mentioned their combo as being: Sneak->Ambush-> -HO- Lucky Break->Cheap Shot->Melee Off-> Shadow Blade -End HO- type combo

At least when soloing at level 18, I'm still using Sneak-Shadowblade-HO-Lucky Break-various
    I usually buff beforehand. I haven't used any poisons, or others, as of yet.

Do you have a combo that you find to be most deadly?

Other than poisons, do you use any other concoctions?
  2. ARCHIVED-leafnin Guest

Yeah I use that one. Another one I've been trying to get off, but has been hard depending on the mob is Lucky Break-> Cheap Shot-> Melee Off-> Back Shot or the other Arrow Special you have as of 18. I'm working towards Ranger so I'm working with the viability of Range Specials in an HO. I've gotten it to work a few times and it has saved me once with my life low I was able to get alittle distance before mob unstunned and got enough damage to finish the mob off. However this is a HUGE gamble. Oh I am using poison four different types.
    Message Edited by leafnin on 11-23-2004 12:26 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Deis of Destiny Guest

I really enjoy when in groups I can do this... repeatedly ;)

Sneak -> Shadow Blade -> Sneak Attack -> Stalk -> Shadowflame

I usually follow that up with a Bleed and then Pierce, Quick Strike, and Sneak Attack at will until Shadowflame and Stalk are back up. One tactic I like to use if Stalk is down by Shadow Blade is up along with Hunt, is activate Hunt and about 3/4 of the way through casting I turn off melee and queue Shadow Blade.
  4. ARCHIVED-Ravi Guest

Generally when soloing

Hunter's Instinct + Hunt -> Shadowblade
    Survival Instinct
    HO (Dirty Trick + Impale - if Swindlers Cursed Luck pops, use Evade to shift)
    Deactivate Melee
    Cheap shot
    Back Shot
    Ensnare
    Activate Ranged
    Back pedal with Open Shot and squeeze off a couple of ranged attacks (Know your surroundings)
    Activate Melee
    HO

Message Edited by Ravi on 11-24-2004 10:11 AM
    Message Edited by Ravi on 11-24-2004 10:13 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-blitz Guest

awesome solo combo, Ravi -- if you activate ranged autoattack immediatelly after ensnare and start backpedaling while the incredibly long Open Shot is running I bet you could get four shots in without really slowing yourself down. (1 before open shot fires off, two from openshot, and one right after). Nice little bonus there, figure that's at LEAST 80 HP's if each shot lands for minimum.
  6. ARCHIVED-Neecha Guest

Steady Aim
    Backshot
    Wounding Arrow
    Open Shot
    HO
    Dirty tricks
    Pierce / melee off (this normally activates ringing blow if not Followed by cheapshot)
    Stalk and strafe Shadowblade
    Cheaoshot (Melee off and strafe)
    Shroudedstrike (melee off)
    Ambush (normally lands even if mob faces you)
    Bleed
    HO
    Dirty Tricks
    Pierce / Melee off (ringing blow as above)
    Stalk / strafe
    Shadowflame

etc thats soloing normally green ^^ mobs..
  7. ARCHIVED-Mercuryswift Guest

I highly recomend using the Shrouded Strike --> Shadow Blade when grouped... You dont have to worry about cast times of hunt or stalk plus its a good back to back dmg output. When grped ill hit the mob with a Backshot, Wounding Arrorw, then use the Shrouding to Shadow then apply the DoTs. From there on out it depends who im grouped with.