Dead server... thanks to fabled solo loot

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by SsocratesEQ2, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

The fact the the new instances get really boring really fast might also play into it.
  2. Davngr Well-Known Member

and dread cutter didn't get boring after finishing the sig quest?

hint:
    it's the loot and slr that keep it relevant and that's why you need to give heroic the same stuff.

having to argue truly simple concepts like this is just lol...

edit.

there is nothing wrong with the solo instances giving relevant gear..

the problem is that you can't give worse gear to people who like to run heroic.

srsly.. that just has to make sense to people.. it just does
  3. Wurm Well-Known Member

Nice to see we are still arguing about this 3 weeks later...
    Filly67 likes this.
  4. Wurm Well-Known Member

The loot isn't the reason the servers are dead, us running out of interesting things to do is.
    Kuulei and Filly67 like this.
  5. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Both figure into it. Once you've gotten the essences and spirits from the heroic zones, there is no real reason to go back. Hell, there are some isntances I haven't gotten essences from and I don't go into them simply because I'm bored with it. The standard named loot in heroic instances is a joke. You get better crap from collection quests. The handful of instances that have hardmode bosses are ok, I got 195 stat range bracers out of Temple, but again... the zones are boring now.

Bored with content + little material motivation to return = bleh

I don't run the solo zones either because the fabled is only AoA trash loot. If I want to farm AoA trash loot, I'll take a group into AoA and farm trash loot.
  6. Balbasur Active Member

Wrong. Leveling adorns.
  7. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Your mileage may vary*.

* In other words, what is true for you may not be true for someone else. Meaghan may have done all the leveling of adorns that Meaghan cares to do.
    Estred likes this.
  8. Plavem Active Member

To be honest other MMO's follow a better design, but I honestly don't think sony cares.

Quest content - Should gear you up for the solo content.

Solo content - You should have a rare chance to get good "raid introductory" gear.

Group content - You should have a chance to get a "somewhat rare" item off each boss, as well as a guaranteed "good loot" off the last boss. This loot should also be "raid introductory" gear but with better stats "+2" then the solo content gear.

Raid Content - This is what you upgrade your group & maybe some solo content gear with. It should trump all.

As it stands.

Quest Content - Gives gear for solo content, which can also be bought on the broker.

Solo Content - Gives a high chance for intro raid gear.

Group Content - Gives solo content comparable gear, with the rare chance of a raid content item which is below that of the Solo content.

Raid Content - Fine.

This is a darn fine mess. Im all for the solo instances dropping raid intro gear, there is nothing wrong with it. However the increase to the fabled gear was far too extreme. Before it never dropped, now it drops a lot. They should have just made it smart loot while keeping it the way it was.
  9. Elostirion Well-Known Member

/laugh.

And you dont have tradeskilled equipment here either.
  10. StaticLex Active Member

I think mercs were probably the final nail but yeah the solo zones don't help either.
  11. Mae- Well-Known Member

LOLwut? HIGH chance? Not really.
  12. Plavem Active Member

If you honestly believe that you are nuts! This weekend I got 1 friday ( ran 3 solos ) 1 Saturday ( ran 7 solos ), and 1 yesterday ) ran 9 solos ).

I piece a day is what i would consider a high chance.

They should just follow the template of every other game.

There really should be a daily which rewards a token which can be used to buy armor pieces etc. Which require you to run the daily instance. These instances should also have a moderately high chance to drop some decent fabled gear. It works for other games ( like almost every game out there ).
  13. Balbasur Active Member

I would like to see them removed form solo zones, it seems if you already have uber gear they will not drop fables. I must change my stance based on this sorry.
  14. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Heroic loot I think really started going downhill after SF. Just my opinion of course, but SF zones were somewhat fun, and certain jewelry items were quite nice, if somewhat rare (how it should be).

There is absolutely no excuse for better gear dropping in a solo zone than a group zone. It would have made more sense to create more PQs and have them drop there instead. At least then it would give you a reason to actually interact with other people, since last I checked it was still labelled an MMO. Plus PQs give you an opportunity to experience larger scale encounters and may ignite some interest in people who otherwise have shunned raiding altogether. That, and my guildies used to really get off on my raging at a fail Storm Gorge in voice.
  15. Draylore Well-Known Member

Hmm.....just not seeing the problem others are. Yes you can get 'left side/armor' 179 fabled gear from solo zones.....but that is it. If you are not a raider the only way you are gonna get access to fabled 'right side/jewelry' and weapons items is thru the heroics..or i guess buying raid loot in SLR but that has been an option for non-raiders for a long time now. I don't count Ethereal drops since those are not exclusive to solos. So as I see it if I were a non-raider I would be running both solos and heroics to get my 'raid gear' fix but it would take quite sometime......as it should since well your trying to get a tier of gear outside your chosen play style.

A non-raider cannot get himself raid 'equipped' by just doing solos as many seem to be claiming.

And for what its worth.....i mostly raid but in CoE I have found myself doing all of the games content......solo, group and raid.......something I have not done in sometime.
    Kraeref and Wanyen like this.
  16. Regolas Well-Known Member

Personally, I group because I enjoy killing harder things, and I enjoy the teamwork.

But, I don't get to group as much as I like because of playtimes, so I haven't burnt out on the zones yet. The solo zones are boring to me. Even if there's a 1/10 chance of me getting a fabled item I can use or sell for a few hundred plat, I'd rather team up with others and have a laugh.
  17. DAig Member

I think the servers are dead because people just have better, or more productive things to do with their time.

This game is a shadow of its former self. The rot started with the Station Cash ninja patch and the move towards microtransactions (this was when the game was still wholly subscription based).

Following on from that each expansion has just been getting more expensive with less content. The last proper expansion we had was Rise of Kunark, everything else after that has been on a downward slide.

You only have to look at the content that was delivered with Chains of Eternity and this becomes very obvious.

The final nail in the coffin is the dreadful itemisation .... working zones for very tiny percentage gear upgrades is neither motivating or fun.
  18. Onorem Active Member

Off peak doesn't have to mean dead. It just happens to mean that on EQ2 and most other games. It could just mean less busy but still busy.
  19. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Why would any of us care what it means on a small sampling of games that neither includes EQ2 nor 'most other games'? o_O

I mean, I'm usually guilty of derailing conversations, but that didn't just derail it - it tried moving it to another city that doesn't even have tracks. :eek:
  20. Onorem Active Member

You made a point that didn't need to be made. I simply returned the favor.