DDoS Again? AB Lagging/Down

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Miscai, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Heresford Active Member

2. Skiasss Member

welp i finally got in
    Moonpanther and suka like this.
  3. suka Well-Known Member

i think someone needs a time out. you are not allowed to flame and not allowed to use other symbols to try to hide the forbidden curse words. maybe you should think things over before posting?
  4. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Yup just got in, now to see if I'm still lagging.
  5. suka Well-Known Member

6. moondoggie New Member

yup, i'm in as well. good ping and no packet loss. TY DB
    Seryndipity likes this.
  7. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

The details aren't quite as rosy as their PR.

Number of DDoS Attacks Soar, but Their Duration Is Down In Q1: Akamai
    2016-06-13
    http://www.eweek.com/security/slide...-but-their-duration-is-down-in-q1-akamai.html

"Akamai's Q1 2016 State of the Internet–Security Report, released June 7, provides insight into the 4,523 DDoS attacks the company saw during the quarter. The bad news: Akamai reported a 125 percent increase in the total number of distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks over the first quarter of 2015. ...... The good news: While the total number of attacks is up, the average attack duration is down. The average DDoS attack duration was 16.14 hours, down 35 percent from the 25 hours reported in the first quarter of 2015."

DayBreak Games gets an 'annoying' DDoS twice a year, which lasts days.

But I agree that DBG can choose to continue to be penny-wise and suffer DDoS attacks. Annoying the customer base. Or better, choose to spend money hiring a company with DDoS experience that can mitigate the attacks.
  8. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

suka likes this.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

I hope nobody is keeping a record of all the mistakes I've made. It would be a long list. :)
    Prissetta and suka like this.
  10. Locospy Member

Give it time, And the idiot will have to stop. depending on where the dos attacks are coming out of, the ISP for those connections will notice the flood of packets coming off the IP toward another Ip and trigger a ANTI DDOS script that most ISP now have. So These attacks can only go for a said amount of time before the flood trigger is flagged. Thus the script kiddie has to find new connections to manipulate to do the attacks again. , Deybroke need's to triangulate where the attacks are coming from and go from there. its not hard to track down... they have the flood attacks from said Ip , ports so on.. There is so much information that you get when someone floods your ports. USE IT !
  11. Aivet Well-Known Member

Yeah, well said. Got any advice for convincing bosses that implementing prophylactic measures are A Good Thing? I'm asking for a friend. :)

*sigh* I just hope the outcome of this is that the right people come down with a case of clue-flu. Now, where'd I put that scotch?
  12. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Why? What'd I do now? <Holds up bucket of chicken> At least I have this!
    Moonlit_Evening, Tierisch and Rifuul like this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

CrystalStar, Sandyfoot and Baulfazaur like this.
  14. Vladislav Active Member

^^^^
    THIS. Thank you. DDoS attacks hamper HUGE enterprises to this day. Much bigger and better than DB will ever hope to be. From US gov agencies to banks to IT security companies. It is easy for someone who only knows internet by playing online games to spout off "DDoS are easy to stop, DB suxxx", but reality is much different. And yes, changing large company's network infrastructure (or contracts) within 24 hours over some dweeb takes a lot more than you think. I am sure there are some mitigating measures incoming, but the dude will be locked up long before then.
  15. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

We can only hope he gets caught. Can we lock him up in a medieval oubliette? One with a working garderobe?
  16. Seranthor New Member

Preferably one without access to the internet
    Prissetta, CrystalStar and suka like this.
  17. Adevil Well-Known Member

Somehow I doubt the whining infant as an adult would tolerate a second whining infant. Can you just imagine the "I don't want to change the dirty diaper" tantrum?
    Prissetta likes this.
  18. Guurzak Active Member

And if this was the first time this had happened, that would be a valid objection. It's been a year and a half since the Lizard Squad attacks; if you can't remediate in 18 months then you're not trying.
  19. Adevil Well-Known Member

A DDOS is not a hack. It's the use of many computers to flood a network with traffic causing...you guessed it... a traffic jam. ie lag and overloaded login servers
  20. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Repeated: Are we going to get comped for having now lost -two- evenings? Because I lost out on the second dungeon of only my second Heroic group of the doubled tokens time, which has now of course expired.

I'm not going to say much more about this. My blood pressure is spiking from this extended stupidity.
    Meneltel likes this.