Days of Summer, 2017, unable to reach a /loc

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Geroblue, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Clefts of Rujark is /loc at 126, -5, -68 as mentioned on eq2traders.

I found it, but cannot reach it.

It appears to bhe up on a mountain, rock, etc.

First is the map loc.

The white X. I caught it in mid-bink, but its next to the green crossed swords.

[IMG]

Next is the hill/mountain/etc. I cannot get up. No path, no elevator, etc. I can find.

[IMG]

And here is the patch marker pointing to the hill/moutain/etc.

[IMG]

The Clefts of Rujark marked on the map at -725, x, x. I have gone over and over that area and the areas behind the gate, no update.

What do I do to get this part ?

I do have the orc head in my quest window, but no check mark next to it.

Thanks !
  2. Karamella Well-Known Member

IIRC The Cleft is an instance and the entrance is at Pillars of Flame somewhere in the lower right corner of the map. So what you see on your map is underground.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll check on that when I can. Probably Wednesday or later in the week.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

It's easiest to get to Clefts of Rujark from Sinking Sands. To enter the zone, you just walk down the road to the place it's marked on the map & you zone. You go up the trail from the grassy area off the beach and follow the Orc Highway a bit. It's not too far along.

Looking at eq2 traders & the screenshot you have up there, it looks like you are going to the loc in Sinking Sands. You need to zone into Clefts then go to the loc listed. It looks like you are way up near the entrance to Pillars of Flame.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay. I'll check into that. I did go back via the zone in to the back area.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I just didn't go in far enough into the Clefts. That updated.

Now, Maj'Dul. The only place with the name of Maj'Dul in the Sinking Sands I can find is that plateau I cannot get up. Its apparently above the Undercity Arena area.

edit:

I did go farther back into the Clefts area looking for the first ramp. Didn't find one.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

First ramp up from the beach ? In an instance ?

I didn't realize my character gave off so much light that some of the human/humanoid mobs avert their eyes when I'm near.

My eyes are bothering me. Logging off.
  8. Momo Well-Known Member

Directly at the docks in Sinking Sands is a guy with a travel carpet. You hail him and tell him you want to go to Maj'Dul. Its the only way to get up there. To go back, click the carpet at the entry gates in Maj'Dul, it transports you back to the docks.
    And sorry about your eyses!! Very sensible to be careful and log when they trouble you.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I tend to not blink when I'm looking over a map for clues about a quest... I try to not do that and blink more often.

Thanks. I would never have thought of checking with the guy on the beach. I did find the carpet guy in the Sinking Sands area.
  10. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Done with week 1, and started on week 2.

I can get to Tenebrous Tangle, but Hidden Refuge seems to be under there. I took my flying mount and looked under Tenebrous, but couldn't find it.

Oh, this isn't any of my regular characters, its a new one.
    Cyrrena, Momo and Breanna like this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

You have to jump down the waterfall on the Temple Isle. There's a little pond that you used to have to land in it to survive, if you can fly or have a leaper it's all much easier now. There is also a camp down there with some quest givers.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Momo and 1 other person like this.
  12. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I probably just didn't see it then. I'll try again... have some other things to do today.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When you zone into Tenebrous Tangle at the Spire and then walk through the archway, there will be a river or stream straight ahead of you, to the left is some rocks and the water plunges over the edge, if you either float down there using a Gnomish Parachute and land in the pond or fly directly down from there with a flying mount, you will be at the Hidden Refuge.
    Juraiya, Momo, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  14. Geroblue Well-Known Member

A bit late, but I found the Hidden Refuge. Now I'm trying to locate the Breeding Grounds in Tenebrous Refuge... did it before, can't find it now. Sigh. It takes me a few quests to remember where to go for the locations that don't have x,y,z coordinates.
  15. elflover Well-Known Member

16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Well, I have that 2017 page bookmarked, but it looks like some locations have changed.

Most worked for 2017, which I just completed, and some I just had to be overhead, and some changed.

Mare Estate prestige house. Here I come.
  17. Geroblue Well-Known Member

@Niami this is a set of updates for you.

For weeks 6 through 9, I just went from location to location. I got a 'you found such and such location/island' message. Then the quest updated.

Week 9, there is no note. Just go past the area where mounts can't fly. There is a yelling NPC on the pier that wants you to talk to the Queen of Qeynos. Demands it really. I just kept going.

Week 6, I had to backtrack a few times. Sometimes I had to go to another zone completely out of the area to a different Norrath location, then come back to it. Then it updated. I found this week to be confusing.

Week 6, correct, you cannot access the mounts. This part of the quest would be so much better if the character could do so. Oh, and the large upwelling of lines near some huge spikey trees, no fly zone. My character died, no time to land. Should have been given the chance.

Of course, the menders was back where my character had just come from, and was going to Salt Breeze. Luckily the mobs were too low to attack and I just got the mender to mend at Salt Breeze.

The /loc are very useful... one or two were off, but I sadly didn't write them down. The clues, well, they are what shows in the Quest panel, but you don't see them on the ground anywhere.

Week 4, 3. Not for the mailbox.

Week 1, Clefts of Rujark. I had to go way up the tunnel of the regular instance.

Week 1, 4. Maj'Dul. Go to the beach and talk to the carpet guy. Only way up there. I tried everything else. Couldn't go up high enough to get up there.

Week 1, 5 and 6. Take the same carpet to the location. Note that you will need a way back from 6. No carpet back to town that I could find.

Week 6, 1. Never found an evac point. I just moved around Fina's Retreat until the quest updated.

I did it all in one day, although I was tired after around 7 hours of doing this. I really dislike the floating islands. But I finished the quests.

If the Mara Island prestige house just had access to more of the island, it would be even better.