Daybreak pass: free mercs?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Setari, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Setari New Member

So I subbed for EQ1 but I was told the benefits of the "all access pass" or whatever extend to EQ2 as well. I was trying to get mercenaries to help me out but it keeps telling me I have to spend money. Is that not free with the pass?
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The mercenary feature is not included. You can purchase it from the Marketplace in EQ2 or buy the latest expansion to get the feature.
  3. parissa Well-Known Member

Mercenaries were included with expansions starting with I think AOM or the one right after that... So if you bought any of the xpacs since that one you should have mercs included... Once you have the hire merc ability, you can use them as ftp also... Or like rosyposy said, you can buy them from marketplace under features...
    Cyrrena, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Mercs were first included with PoP. :)
    parissa, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  5. Celan Member

Nope, originally the use of mercenaries was introduced when the mercenary feature launched with Age of Discovery.
    Mercenary trainng was introduced with expansion 13, being Kunark Ascending.
    Raff, Cyrrena and Dude like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Rosy meant included with the purchase of the expansion.
    parissa, Dude, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

The mercenary feature was NOT included with the xpac until PoP.
    parissa, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

9. Finora Well-Known Member

This, and of course if you were around way back when the Age of Discovery pack that introduced them and reforging, beastlords, tradeskill apprentices, etc and you purchased that "feature pack" expansion you got them then.

Good news for the OP, mercs are not really necessary to solo efficiently in EQ2. They can be helpful for you to take on much harder things, or things designed for a group, normal solo stuff will be rendered ultra trivial with the use of mercs. These mercs are WAY more powerful than the freebie mercs in EQ1 particularly at lower level.