Daybreak Games Forum Guidelines - 07/30/2019

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Jul 30, 2019.

1. flexington New Member

dont call for nerfs? plz nerf community moderator, overstepping their boundaries massively.
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

Wow, Made a new forum account to take a shot at the new Mod. #Sobrave
  3. Maryellen New Member

Some people will find it hard to stop something that has become habitual. :rolleyes:
    Soara2 and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  4. flexington New Member

or well, whoever made that rule anyways. i assume its them because they posted it? its honestly the dumbest rule i have ever heard from daybreak. if somebody thinks something needs nerfed, they should be able to say so. the players are the ones paying, you need to do the explaining not them. no player should have to write a thesis carefully and delicately explaining their views on the state of the game. its not some personal attack on anybody to say you don't like the balance of something, if you cant handle even that basic criticism, as a company, then you shouldn't be in the gaming industry.
  5. Maryellen New Member

Unless I got the spirit of the original post incorrect, I believe the intent is that calls for nerfs should should be made through official channels to the Daybreak Team along with your clear reasoning for them so Daybreak can assess the validity of complaint and what, if anything, may be done in the future to address it. And to not to use the forums for the purpose of taking out your anger about why you want a given nerf and/or building community consensus for your desired nerfs.

But I could be wrong.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you do not explain constructively what you believe the problem is with something, then you are not providing constructive feedback, you are providing a meaningless rant. They are not asking you to write a thesis. An example:

Elm wands need nerfed or I am quitting!!!!

versus

Elm wands do 3 times more damage than any other weapon in the same level range which is causing an imbalance among the classes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mr Dreamweaver

Do your rules mean that we can no longer joke around with Ttobey?
    Soara2, Breanna, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  7. Maryellen New Member

It's a lot deeper than what you are saying. Basically, you just stated that if you are pissed off you should be able to come to the forums and rant about what is bugging you or what got you so angry. But that doesn't help. You will still be in the same place once you get through and are calmed down.

If you think Daybreak really should nerf it then going on a rant doesn't help them. You need to coherently write to them what it is you feel needs nerfing, why you feel it is overpowered, and perhaps even give them an example of how you'd expect it to work if it were done correctly as to how you feel it should work. This at least gives them a place to start from where some testing can be done. Also you have to take into account Daybreak's vision for the game in question.

I know I sounds like a fanboi, but nothing gets done because of rants. All that leads to are trolls and name calling and a degrading the topic, even if you are in fact correct in your wanting a nerf. Because you rant, therefore you are dismissed offhand. Because you can't deliver a well thought out reason with explanation, you are disregarded. And having that happen to you sucks worse than all other things.
  8. Maryellen New Member

I would hope the moderators would take the overall content and atmosphere of a post series into effect. Kidding is kidding and if in General should be allowed as long as it's not hurtful to the target(s). Who doesn't love some good-natured ribbing?
    Dude, Cyrrena, Rosyposy and 2 others like this.
  9. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

By "presence status" I meant that some author who has him comes to this forum, reads here and communicates with others (this status is active and if the person is temporarily offline, he has recently been here and is likely to appear again soon). And he/she did not disappear long ago.
    "then note is made about it" - that is, it's in some way indicated that he/she has not visited this forum for a long time. "until he writes a new one" - that is, a new message, becoming active again in this forum. "or does font color of name change" - well, for example, if I disappear from this forum (which some may just be happy about), then after some time word/name "ra'gruzgob" will turn gray, and it will be clear that this author has long been not on forum. What has been said here refers to potential and currently unrealized options of this forum. But since you have now brought some clarity to this question, this my view remains here simply as potential idea. It's important that you have already determined the period of relevance of what is written on this forum (perhaps everyone already knew about it except me?), and this is calendar month (interestingly sunny or lunar?). That is, we have guideline to understand whether we should start new topic on specific issue. This is required so as not to violate these very rules. We must understand them. Understand when it's considered that we are duplicating the topic, and when (after month has passed) we no longer duplicate it. How complicated it all is :confused:!
    Further, in upper right corner of main page we see statistics. Does it indicate how many topics and how many messages are actually on this forum? I thought, do we have the opportunity to read all these messages? Can we also comment on each of these posts? I used to see an archive on this forum, but somehow I was not particularly interested, so I don't remember what was there. But if you use in-forum search, it’s not easy to find messages older than seven years ago. Not sure that they are here
    Yes, i'm sorry, "spelling system", well spell checker :).. uwk explained further it:
    But how have I not noticed it before, having written over 250 messages? It's surprising (i haven't taken advantage of it by the way.. ah yeah, in my fox this option is off :( ). Thank uwk.

Thanks for the answer dw :)
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're welcome! :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. dreamweaver Developer

Of course!

Okay, so. There are not currently ways to tell things like you are asking. But I will look into it and see if there are any options available to us. As for the archives/search function not going back past 7 years, all I have are theories so I will have to investigate that as well.
  12. Ra'Gruzgob Well-Known Member

thank you dreamweaver :)
  13. Weresnail New Member

Not to be too rude, doesn't this post violate the above? As there is already a "Forums Guidelines" by Dexella Nov 9 2012, under General Gameplay Discussion. Which 204 thousand toons have viewed. Should not this post be a second update post for "Forum Guidelines" and moved?
    Snikkety likes this.
  14. Enimo New Member

IMO things have gotten this bad because of social media and the PC (Politically Correct) police. Places like Twitter and Facebook (Maybe other site? i don't do social media. its pointless) have caused most of this. People known they can say anything online and get way with it. Most of people would not say the same crap if the person was standing right in front of them, and take the chance of getting a beat down. They know no harm will come of them, because there online.
    AOE1, Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

New official set of guidelines from the company are always going to supersede the old ones. Dexella has gone to new opportunities, we have Dreamweaver now, so Dreamweaver's rules, well... rule.

Generally, we also don't necropost in these forums, so resurrecting a seven-year-old post and adding the new rules to that would be problematic.

Just roll with it.
  16. kingmob23 Well-Known Member

Literally do not understand the point you are trying to make. It first seems like you're doing the "omg bad PC people so many rules" social media caused it! Then you go on to say you don't use social media...so how do you know what impact it's having?
    Then you go into what sounds like a 180 on the first half of your post.
    I think you just wanted to let us know you are trying to own the libs or something.
  17. Lyyle Member

"I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase “politically correct” wherever we could with “treating other people with respect”, and it made me smile." Neil Gaiman
  18. Seriously Member

Correct.

Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it is more a trend in America than elsewhere but they are trying to catch up. And he didn't say it didn't happen elsewhere either. Windmere said "
    not sure if its true everywhere else".
  20. Moonchanter New Member

So you did not fix Mentoring on PVP server today because ?