day/night wheel undocked?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by GretchenRPH, Apr 21, 2017.

1. GretchenRPH New Member

still scrabbling around about things you can turn on and off.

All of the characters I have made so far have a little sun/moon cycle displayed in the upper right corner of the minimap.

ONE of my characters somehow has that sun/moon thing undocked and moveable, and I have gone through the settings for game windows and I cannot figure out how to do this for the rest of my little toons. (Reminds me a lot of a Minecraft clock)

Where is the control I am failing to find? Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. NrthnStar5 Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, it's CRTL+C that toggles the sun/moon clock. If that doesn't work, try ALT+C
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Hey there...if you hit alt-c, you can bring up the clock (which I think is what you are looking for).

Some other neat tricks along those lines:

F10 will toggle through showing UI elements (so you can move/drag them), hiding them completely (good for screenshots), and then back to normal.

Alt-n toggles your compass.

Ctrl-m toggles your mini-map.

(There are a lot more tricks...these are just the few that I thought might relate to what you were asking. :))
  4. GretchenRPH New Member

thanks all! I like it tucked up center top with the compass.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Shmogre like this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Okay, I give up...I've tried F10 to find all the "hidden" windows, I've eliminated the "widescreen" black bands top and bottom and brought them back, I've gone from windowed to fullscreen and back again, I've done everything I can think of, but neither Alt+c nor Alt+n are working for my character to get her Compass or Clock back. She's a recent move over to a "real" server from a TLE server, but so was her alt buddy, and his are showing just fine. I've shifted all my other windows around, thinking those two might be hiding behind something, but I can't find them anywhere. What am I doing wrong? :(

Uwk
  6. Steelviper Active Member

ALT+o (for game options) - Controls - Window Keys - Clock Window & Compass Window keybinds to see whether you have a key(combination) for them, or to assign the ones you prefer.
    Hope that helps you out.

Edit: if that doesn't help, User Interface - Game Windows - Reset Location for All Windows button, but then you'd have to relocate every window anew.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ow ow ow ow ow... X-P

Yeah, I'd prefer not to have to do that. :(

But yeah, that's one of the first places I checked, was the Alt+O Options area, and yeah, it's the regular default: Alt+N and Alt+C for them. I don't get it at all, where they might've gone...I might have to bother the Techs to see if they can find where they skonkered off to. :-/

Uwk
  8. Anhari Active Member

did you try copying the layout from the character that has the undocked clock? At the command line type /load_ui and select the layout from the correct character. Failing that, try a custom UI like Darq_UI that has a separate clock window
  9. Carynn Well-Known Member

Along with the /load_ui, you can delete the current character UI from the EQ2/Data folder and then when you log in, it'll allow you to pick one of your other characters' builds.
  10. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

I think there's an option named something like "Allow windows offscreen"; make sure that's not checked.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! A plethora of cool ideas. I'll try them right now (except for maybe the third-party UI, unless I really need to. Thanks for that suggestion, too, though!). :)

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

WOOT!!! :D

It's actually /load_uisettings, but it worked!!! Thanks! :D

And I didn't even need the Darq_UI... ;)

Uwk
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Couldn't find that, or at least wasn't sure which file it was. Kinda clueless about such things, since I'm leery about poking around in there. :-/

Uwk
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That was unchecked, yeah. The /load_uisettings thing worked. :)

Uwk
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Congrats! Glad it worked out for you!
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Me too! :D

Uwk