David Georgeson and Linda Carlson let go from Daybreak?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Shastra, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Berserkerkitten Well-Known Member

The one thing that seriously bothers me about all this is how they say one thing and do the exact opposite. If I may quite this thread:

Business as usual, even more resources, that sounds great and has absolutely nothing to do with what they just did.
    Cuelaen likes this.
  2. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

For those who, like me, do not live in the US, there may be some confusion on what "laid off" means. In my country it is being sent home without pay so that the company can save a few weeks worth of your salary. If they don't call you back within 13 weeks, they have to give you your severance package. If you find another job during those 13 weeks you forfeit your severance.

Apparently in the US what it means is that you are fired and handed your severance cheque on the spot. I didn't realize that until yesterday, so I'd been thinking that the layoffs were a short-term cost cutting measure.
  3. Raff Well-Known Member

Coming from EQ2, you guys will hate ESO. Its one of the most non group friendly games out there. For all practical purposes, its a single player MMO.
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

That actually sounds pretty good....so long as no PvP involved.
  5. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I've been led to believe that ESO's "end game" is mostly PvP. But I could be wrong.
  6. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

You're not wrong. xD
  7. Valzen Well-Known Member

Sadly, there's A LOT of pvp in that game.
  8. Cuelaen Well-Known Member

While i am trying not to be negative about this, your post reminded me of how they had been saying they had big plans for vanguard, how they were working hard on creating new content, etc-and then the week after, they announced vanguard, and wizardry, among others, was going to sunset. It is a reminder that NOTHING is certain.
    Berserkerkitten likes this.
  9. Cube Active Member

10. Danejasho Member

Wow, I've haven't laughed to tears like this in a long time. Oh, my word ... that was hilarious.
    Eles and Grouse like this.
  11. Warzone New Member

So as the new owners clean house they really clean house.

About an hour ago the first confirmed layoff from the transition to Daybreak Games hit, with Linda posting on Facebook that "I have been released from the best and most challenging job I have ever had. I thank you all for being part of that incredible experience. Too many people to thank personally, but know that I am extraordinarily grateful and very curious where life takes me now."
    Linda isn't the only one affected. EverQuest franchise Director of Development Dave "Smokejumper" Georgeson has confirmed now on Twitter that he was laid off. EverQuest II artist Aaron "Gnobrin" Bisnett has also confirmed that he is gone, and we've been told that Systems Designer Akil "Lyndro" Hooper (confirmed now) from EQ/EQ2 has been let go as well.
    Also confirmed are Adam "Ngreth" Bell (EQ dev) (x), Tiffany "Amnerys" Spence (Community) (x), Racheal "Afista" McKenny (EQ2 Community) (x), Endymion (EQ2 dev) (x), Eric "Felgon" Smith (Landmark/EQNext producer) (x), Noah Watkins (H1Z1 artist) (x), Steve "Moorgard" Danuser (EQNext Lead Content/Story Designer) (x), Kelduum Revaan (H1Z1 Technical Designer) (x), Aimee "Ashlanne" Rekoske (Community) (x), David Carey (PS2 producer) (x), Jeffrey Bard (EQ2 dev) (x) and Michael "Xelgad" Ganz (EQ2 dev) (x).
  12. Thimdirran Active Member

13. Leloes Well-Known Member

All I can say to all of you is to keep playing EQ2. When it is definite that t he sun is setting on Norrath then, sadly, it will be time to move on. I'm on the fence as to what will happen. No, it doesn't look good but that's often the way it looks in the beginning. Keep playing but prepare yourself for whatever might be next.