Data Feeds

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Yimway, Feb 3, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Can someone kindly point me to the post detailing the data feeds.
  2. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Yimway Guest

Um yeah, we're supposed to know to go read some random station forum to get information...
  4. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Atan@Unrest wrote:
    I mean the link to the Station forums had been posted on these EQ2 forums here before.
    In any case, DanKinney said he'd take care of posting a more official post on the EQ2 forum eventually. So far the API hasn't been widely publicised because it is still very much a work-in-progress thing (last week for instance there was a fairly significant format change to the feeds that required application-level changes for us third party devs).
    The reason the project itself is hosted on the Station forum is because it isn't an EQ2-only thing. The long-term goal is to interface with other SOE games as well, hence the Station Forum location. In fact, I think there's only one member of the EQ2 dev team involved, and it's probably mostly to interface the EQ2 game data with the frontend. The other people involved with this aren't on the EQ2 dev team, AFAIK.
    If you want a quick summary, there's a basic webpage at http://data.soe.com/ as well.