DarqUI help?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Khieran, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Khieran Active Member

I've seen DarqUI recommended a lot on here and decided to try it out.

After installing it, I log in and see I have extra windows showing up that I'm not sure what they are for... and none of the windows look like the screenshots on EQ2Interface.com

I found a DarkUI configuration button in the top left corner of most windows in-game, but I'm having trouble understanding what to do with it once I have it open, and some of the settings don't seem to save (I tried setting a low health alert, and it didn't save)

Is there a tutorial on how to configure this somewhere? And what various settings are available for each window?
  2. Grumpy_Warrior It's a KILT, dang it!

Click Help on the start menu, then click DarqUI at the top. There is a metric ton of help covering pretty much everything. There is also a [?] on the setup window that opens specific help for whatever item you are setting up.
  3. Khieran Active Member

4. Breanna Well-Known Member

With Darq most of the things actually have a save that pops up when you change it, like the health low, when you pick that there will be a save, you have to save each one like the health percent will save, and then when you pick which percent will have a save and so on. I don't use all of the windows all the time most of them if you look will have something that says show window at log in or something to that affect you can uncheck that and again a save will come up, so if you don't want that window showing it won't come up until you turn it back on. There is also a toggle window if you just want to turn it off now and then.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

do you have darqui unified ??

it really helps .. you can setup everything out of game and it's sometimes easier.
    It's a little software on the side.

It allows u to update darqui and eq2map, but also setup some quick stuff for gameplay. I find it sometimes easier to use unified.

http://www.eq2interface.com/downloads/info4997-DarqUIUnified.html
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Khieran Active Member

Yes, I got the DarqUI Unified. It looks pretty good so far. I got one character pretty well set up and laid out how I want.

Now, to copy it to another character can I just use the /load_uisettings? Or do I have to do something different under DarqUI?

As for offline mode, I saw that, but haven't messed with it yet. Maybe I'll do that while the servers are down this morning :)
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  7. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Yes, you can use /load_uisettings to arrange windows like your first character. There are also ways to copy some settings from one character to another in DarqUI United, such as the Experience Bar.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  8. Bhayar Well-Known Member

Don't overlook going into your UI folder in EQ2 for DarqUI and look for the blue icon with white hammer symbol. Click on it and use "Set Up" for your characters. I'd spend some time opening that icon and exploring all the various things you can do within it. The Gearbuff Macro box is a very nice tool. There are a lot of ways to customize your settings. As mentioned previously, every time you make a change, a little "Save" box pops up next to the item you're changing. If you like the change, make sure you hit that Save button.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  9. Khieran Active Member

OK, another question :)

The player window can be extended to include the target and the target-of-my-target indicators. Is there a way to turn off the actual target window then? Since it's redundant?

*edit* NM, I found it :)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  10. Saw-Lau Member

I'm currently using ProfitUI - has can anybody who has tried both recommend DarqUI instead? What would be the benefits of switching?
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

DarqUI is easier to update, it is updated more reliably and quicker when changes in game require it and it is more customizable.. and easier to do the customization.
    It's been years since I used profit, but darqUI, now has waaaaaay more useful bits then profit did last time I used it as well. I'm not sure if profit has added spell watches, gear item macro window or other nifty bits that I use from darq or not
    Cyrrena and Saw-Lau like this.
  12. Saw-Lau Member

Thanks - I might give it a go and see how I get on.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I don't like everything in Darq, but I use several pieces. Last I looked, Darq was ALSO keeping ProfitCE updated.

I just run the DarqUI updater and expand files into their own folder, and then move the files I need over into my Profit folder.
    Cyrrena, Saw-Lau and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

That's actually one of the things I like about Darqui, it's trivial to NOT use bits you don't want.. simply uncheck them in the offline install/update interface.
    You can also control most settings from in game. Extremely versitile.
    Cyrrena, Saw-Lau, Sigrdrifa and 2 others like this.
  15. Saw-Lau Member

Holy f*cking sh*t. It's incredible!
    Cyrrena, Conifur, Dude and 2 others like this.
  16. Armageddoux Active Member

Hello,

A big part of the ingame darqUI configuration must be done through the DarqUI unified utility executable, you must export from inside the game part of your datas (bags, house items and so on from the button on the character sheet and spells and used icons from the "icon bar" darqui form) after that, in DarqUI unified utility executable you can easily configure your extras icon bars (use the 2 icons on the top left of the windows executable)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Khieran Active Member

That explains why I haven't been able to do anything useful with the utility... :) How do you do this export?
  18. Dude Well-Known Member

Ugh! I just downloaded DarqUI and can't believe that I haven't used this for years! Just the ability to set my own price on the broker is enough to sell me on it. Now I just need to figure out all the windows and other features that have never before been available to me.
    Cyrrena, Conifur, Saw-Lau and 2 others like this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

(1) Download the DarqUI Unified Automatic version.

(2) Follow the Installation Instructions

(3) Start the DarqUI Unified Utility. Allow it to check for new and updated files.

(4) On the left, click Quick Setup. You don't have to do too much here, it pulls out your characters from the logincache. You may need to click the Refresh button to populate.

(5) Start the game. The Utility should have done everything needed to create the eq2.ini file (you can customize it a bit in Settings).

(6) In-game, most of Darq's windows have a little "jewel" in the upper left corner. Click that to customize anything specific to that window.
    Cyrrena, Saw-Lau, Khieran and 2 others like this.
  20. Jaeded Well-Known Member

You don't need to export, there is an option to save most data within your in game ui. Open your character window and there is a strong box icon right next to the search icon, the strong box icon lefts you log all items in your inventory.Go to the in game settings and select 'icon bar' , at the bottom of the pop up window is the option to save hotkeys. Almost everything you need can be saved in game, no complicated exporting needed.