Daro's Doleful Dirge, broken or i must upgrade it?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Psixakias, Dec 27, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Psixakias Guest

dinged 30 and got Daro's, which i had missed in the lists i was checking early on... at first look i was exstatic...

Decreases encounters movement speed and attack rate! this is the description......

i use it ASAP, while in group, and my amazment increases... it affects all the enemies of the grp we pulled AND it didnt brake when hitting the mob as ensnare! amazing for a solo-ranger dirge like me...

BUT, at app 1, as i got the spell, it doesnt seem to actually work... as far as the attack rate, i couldnt tell and didnt look into it much, there might be a difference especially if it is upgraded to adept or higher... as far as the movement goes tho, it didnt effect the mob at all... i compared with the effect ensnare has, and while ensnare does slow the mob a bit, dero's doesnt, not even at the same rate as the 20 lvls earlyer song...

have you tried it at all guys? is it broken or in app 1 is useless as far as snaring goes and it should be upgraded? or i didnt understand something from the description of the spell and it doesnt snare at all to the end?
  2. ARCHIVED-LincolnLogs Guest

I would be interested to know how much this song is slowing mobs as well, if it is slowing them at all. I've been using it when soloing and I havent noticed too much of a difference, but if its only a small slow % then I probably wouldnt notice anyway. Anyone parsed this?
  3. ARCHIVED-Psixakias Guest

after some more testing, and now with adept 1, i notice this:

with only that as debuff and no haste spells on me, i seem to deliver one extra round of hits every 3rd hit of the mob (using 2.0 speed spears), where w/o it i do an extra hit round in about 5 to 6 hits of the mob...

nothing impresing to the least:p and no snare eefect yet that i notice with adept upgrade :( :( :(
  4. ARCHIVED-uhhhhhhhh Guest

Daro's Doleful Dirge definately works but it isn't very powerful at first. I have adept 1 of Daro's Sorrowful Dirge (lvl 44 upgrade) and it is a fairly noticable slow.
  5. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

It is on par with guardian skill Entrench.

We were in RE the other day, pulling the Shift Boss and 5 of his goons. The guardian Entrenched the Boss, just before we killed off the last of his goons, he took it off, killed last goon, I applied Daros. He noticed no change of attack speed.

Tried it again on the next Shift Boss pull, etc etc, but I didnt use Daros, the guardian noticed that he was getting hit a bit more, not much but enough to be noticable.
  6. ARCHIVED-Psixakias Guest

aye, 3 days of testing with adept 1 lead me to the same conclution... it slows the attack speed a little, like 10% and has no effect to the movement speed of the mob, like ensnare... oh well, at least it affects the whole group and it lasts a bit :D
  7. ARCHIVED-Zeyk Guest

Slows, in general, are fairly weaksauce in this game. They only effect regular non style/special attacks. Mob dmg is relatively weak once they stop styling anyway. Why power drains are incredible =) Illusionists power drains are really nice, coupled with dirge power dot.
  8. ARCHIVED-ITZBITZ Guest

As for power drain on mobs, I agree completely. I find that if I can survive all the special attacks and the mob runs out of power before I die, I can take them solo as their normal attacks almost never hit me enough to kill me. But the 300+ dmg special attacks sure do scare me at the start of the fight. I can't wait to get the drain power that gives health back to the caster!