Darksong's Blade and Sparking Blade connected????

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Maseen, Dec 12, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Maseen Guest

I just got Darksong Blade the other day, and I have been noticing that when I use darksong blade, that Sparkling blade becomes dark and shares the same recast as Darksong blade. I find this really frustrating, as Darksong blade is nice but its instant dmg doesn't compare to my Sparking blade(both are adept1). Does anyone else have this problem or do I have a bug of some sort. I mean all the other blade attacks don't cause another spell to be unusable. Well any feedback would be appreciated, thanks

Hobb Romero
  2. ARCHIVED-hizashi Guest

Just a couple posts down from yours they are discussing the same thing:
    http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=37&message.id=299

One quick note: Darksong Blade is much better than Sparkling Blade. My guess is you are dual wielding and being as Darksong Blade hits once with each weapon, for say 65 + 59 = 124 damage all upfront, and Sparkling Blade hits once for say 115 damge upfront. You see 115 and the 65 and think Sparkling Blade is better, when Darksong outdamages it easily. Additionally, Darksong Blade has a dot that does around 20 dmg for me at Adept I, every few seconds or so, bringing total damage well over 200. Darksong Blade also reduces mental resistance, just like Dazzling Blade. Without doubt, Darksong Blade is much better.

Darksong Blade is the Dirge upgrade to Sparkling Blade. Dazzling Blade is likely the bard upgrade to Sparkling Blade. My hypothesis is that Dazzling Blade was the skill that in beta was given to both Troubador and Dirge, but since they wanted to make the classes more unique they took it out and gave Dirges our Darksong Blade, and Troubadors got Fulgent Blade. Dazzling Blade was apparently never purged from the system probably.

But that's just my guess~
    Message Edited by hizashi on 12-12-2004 06:25 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Maseen Guest

Thanks for your answear, but no sparkling blade is like a lvl 11 bard spell that does like 120, and sometimes I just want the quick action dmg, dont' get why this and dark songs balde share the same timer, and I never got the spell dazzling blade. Thanks
  4. ARCHIVED-hizashi Guest

Read my response again.

Darksong Blade does MORE damage upfront. It ALSO adds a damage over time and debuff component.

And to answer why they share the same timers - Darksong Blade is the upgrade to Sparkling Blade.
    Message Edited by hizashi on 12-12-2004 06:01 PM
  5. ARCHIVED-hawek Guest

I actually saw Adept 1 of Dazzling Blade on the Broker on Unrest the other day and wondered why it was there. Was tempted to buy it, but didn't. Anyone confirm it is out of game now ?

Hawek
  6. ARCHIVED-hizashi Guest

Dazzling Blade is useless for Dirges, as Darksong Blade is better.

I suspect Troub's Fulgent Blade is similarly better.

Dazzling Blade should be out of game, but it isn't. Don't waste your money on it though - the new abilities that replaced it are indeed better~
    Message Edited by hizashi on 12-12-2004 07:53 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-VelvetAcid13 Guest

What is Dazzling Blade or more to the point when do you get it ?
    I'm a 25 Dirge at the moment just about to turn 26 and i don't have yet app 3' and adept's 1's come up on the broker showing that i can use it.

Or has it been removed yet the upgrades haven't ?
  8. ARCHIVED-hizashi Guest

I believe Dazzling Blade has been removed from the auto-granting skills you get as you level. However, the Adept 1 version of it is still dropping. I saw that adept, looked at the skill, and said wait a sec I don't have that - bought it and tried it out, weaker than Darksong Blade. After some research I came out with the conclusion above, that Dazzling Blade was the old bard wide ability that had been taken out and replaced with Darksong Blade (Dirge) and Fulgent Blade (Troub). If you wish to test for yourself, go ahead and buy the Adept 1 - its just worthless if you have Adept 1 Darksong though (and App1 Darksong probably outdoes it too) :smileywink:
  9. ARCHIVED-Yolos Guest

I made the same conclusion and posted it over on scoutssanctuary within a similar post. In addition, Hizashi is correct, Darksong blade is both the upgrade for sparkling blade and is better. With my Master1 Darksong Blade, I actually see 3 numbers spit out when I hit the special. The numbers are usually 70-69-55(avg dmg was 190 @ level 32) and then the dot starts ticking at around 25-35dmg.