Dark Infestation Bugged after LU18?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Threepwood51, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Talonis Guest

Thank you for the update, BG.
  2. ARCHIVED-Modean Guest

Thanks BG! I'm sick of necros owning me in dps, I'm hoping the return of these pets will put me back on par with them at least.
  3. ARCHIVED-Jiwi Guest

Update Notes : 1/23/2006 7:00 am
    *** Spells and Combat Arts ***

Warlock changes:
    - The Dark Infestation broodlings will correctly spawn when damage is triggered.
    -The EverQuest II Team

Anyone test this yet?
  4. ARCHIVED-VeraIkonica Guest

damnit I tested them tonight in a couple of raids.........they spawn but just sit there and if your out of range they do zero damage.
    So they are still broke :smileysad:
  5. ARCHIVED-OperationsX Guest

ROFL nice, just like mental core breaches - I feel for you guys.
  6. ARCHIVED-Geoff77 Guest

I noticed a weird thing the other day, other than the broodlings being down arrows. I was dueling a pally friend of mine, and had him rooted. For fun, i cast DI on him and the broodlings popped. I was a good 25 meters from him and the broodlings were right in front of me. I expected them to move at their incremental slow pace, but they never did. rather, they were doing massive dmg to my pally friend :). Now I'm a little bummed because I could attribute it to just some terrible lag on the SS docks, especially if you guys aren't finding the same thing...man I was actually really happy with them too...now yer bumming me out. :smileysad:
  7. ARCHIVED-Maelwys1 Guest

most likely it was the dot. it's pretty hefty.

Tested it raiding tonight, and even rushed in to close range on the mob, dropped the broodlings, and got out of range. the next spell i cast caused them to respawn. Right next to me again.

Sony, please fix this spell. Broodlings need better ai sending them to target mobs, not sitting next to us.

There also needs to be a check in place while DI is active, that if broodlings are spawned, another spell cast does NOT re-spawn them.
    We cant rush into aoe range, drop our broodlings, and then sit out of combat for 30 seconds, just so our dumbfire proc pets can play.

They should enhance our gameplay, not detract from it.
    Message Edited by Maelwys1 on 01-25-200612:44 AM
  8. ARCHIVED-Amistead Guest

Let me concur.

1. The broodlings were even con level 60 mobs. Now they are double down mobs.
    2. The broodlings spawn at your feet and stay there. They do not move to their target.

Why, out of curiousity, do you not just make the Broodling ai work like other dumbfire pets... once they spawn they run in and start aoeing the target? As a developer myself, if an implementation is not working according to visualization, there is such a thing as a deadline. This spell has been broken in one form or another since LU13. Perhaps, and I might be going out on a limb here, the spell needs a simpler implementation, since the deadline passed about six months ago?

Alezara
    Warlock of the 60th Order
    -=CORE~Unrest=-
  9. ARCHIVED-Geoff77 Guest

lol, no i checked my parse. It was the brooblings. But SS was really laggy that day on AB, so instead of contradicting what y'all have found, I'll chalk it up to lag :)
  10. ARCHIVED-shadowflag Guest

In case it hasn't been said I would also like to bring another DI bug to Sony's attention. When there is more than one warlock in a group/raid, there can only be a total of one set of broodlings spawned and attacking at any one time.

While I appreciate the fix to get the broodlings back in the game, there are many things that are still desired from Dark Infestation. My only hope is that this can be fixed soon :)
  11. ARCHIVED-UrkBloodAxe Guest

Sony - please notice that now when the broodlings spawn they stay right next to the caster.
    if you are standing right next to the target - then the broodlings will attack.
    if something triggers the broodlings again - they are reset and respawn (assuming they are working - this can delay the time until they fire off their nuke.)
    The spell is still broken.

I've seen more than one set of broodlings spawn in a raid. I haven't seen the parses from the raid so I cannot tell if any of the broodlings did anything besides eat bandwidth.