Dark Infestation Bugged after LU18?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Threepwood51, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Threepwood51 Guest

BUMP

I STARTED THIS THREAD WHEN LU18 FIRST HIT.

DEVS, THIS IS ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC AND LAME.

FIX IT, HOW HARD CAN IT BE. WOOOOW.

2. ARCHIVED-VeraIkonica Guest

awsome they have managed to redo all the 1-20 spells for lu19 but refuse to fix a single [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing high level spell. You developers are so lost trying to get people to start new characters that you are [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]ing ALL the high level characters in the [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] with a giant donkey [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn].

peace out SOE it sucked knowing you.
  3. ARCHIVED-Senen74 Guest

Ya I saw the LU 19 test notes I can't believe they haven't done anything to fix Dark Infestation. It's been 2 updates now and one of our most important spells goes unfixed. I think its realy important for them to put all this time into lvl 1-20 content its obvious people spend more of there time at those lvls then at 40-60. Imo it was a total waste of resources to even touch that content.
  4. ARCHIVED-Slygor Guest

Nothing like limiting our dps potential and effectiveness for a class. But then again, why address this simple problem when they nerfed so much along the classes. It appears from reading a majority of the boards we aren't the only class suffering. Hopefully, they'll address the issue or release a statement on what Sony's actual intentions are for the future development of this class. Information would help to quell my unrest about this issue. However, I will remain optimistic (for now) that the upcoming changes involved in the next expansion will resolve these issues and further expand this class.
  5. ARCHIVED-madbx Guest

Hi,

Broodlings now spawn correctly on test as of todays patchs

see patchnotes for 13/1 Test Server

Warlock changes:

- Dark Infestation Broodlings will now spawn properly. - The EverQuest II Team

-Nelib
    60th Warlock of Test
  6. ARCHIVED-Maelwys1 Guest

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]? test patching it? this needed to be a live hotfix.
  7. ARCHIVED-UrkBloodAxe Guest

I got 7,500 dps in with devastation alone. If I was cocky I could see getting over 10k without DI or NR. (the encounters this was achived on had 18 mobs.)
  8. ARCHIVED-sAs-Bartleby Guest

calculated you will reach this perhaps. but how often do you see encounters with 18 mobs. and how much resist your spell?

And you need dev on master with lots of int.

But you make me laugh, thanks for that.:smileyvery-happy:
  9. ARCHIVED-VeraIkonica Guest

Thanks Madbx I will stop posting on this subject now. It still pisses me of that devs completely ignore the entire warlock player base.
  10. ARCHIVED-VeraIkonica Guest

calculated you will reach this perhaps. but how often do you see encounters with 18 mobs. and how much resist your spell?

And you need dev on master with lots of int.

But you make me laugh, thanks for that.[IMG]
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    I am gonna call bull [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] on this one as well, you got a parse screenshot? Besides I think devestation only hits like a max of 5 targets at once.
  11. ARCHIVED-Dajuuk Guest

They changed that. Encounter based nukes like devestation hit everything in the encounter now regardless of how many. On a short fight with a high number of mobs I suppose its theoretically possible with devestation alone.
  12. ARCHIVED-RowenaRedarm Guest

Indeed yes, the spell is bugged...the brood does not manifest itself visually and the spell is not doing much damage now (this is ad 3, btw). I used to rock with this spell but have had to abandon it. Considering how long our recast timers are on our best dps spells, we really can't afford to lose any weapon in our arsenal.
    Sony: Thanks in advance for fixing Dark Infestation!
    Arrowfey, 60 'Lock --HighKeep
  13. ARCHIVED-Maelwys1 Guest

might want to rethink the complete abandonment. it's still a high ticking quick casting dot. compared to our 2 other primary dots, its quite efficient.

comparing it to its former self is quite disappointing tho.
  14. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

Whether or not it's good as a DoT is beside the point. It's one of our unique spells - no other class spawns little blobs of death ;). It's one of our 3 highest single-target damage spells when it works as per description i.e. with the spawn.

It's broken. It needs fixed. It's been nearly a month.

I have not ranted about this and I have not insulted any member of the development team - but this kind of ignorance on such an issue is simply unprofessional. This is not an obscure, abstract, hypothetical problem - nor is it a request for more artwork etc. It's pure and simple gameplay here. There's no excuse for it to have been broken this long with out any kind of announcement as to a future resolution or alteration.

SOE has made claims in past announcements regarding EQ2 that it prides itself on its open lines of communication and customer service. Until this issue arose I had no reason to disbelieve that claim. But when I see designers posting on a host of other topics - daily - to these boards - when 5 or 6 threads revolve - unlocked - around THIS ISSUE ... and no one gives a word - what am I supposed to think?

Quote me.
  15. ARCHIVED-locatis_ravenhoft Guest

Fix this god [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] spell, please...thanks in advance....way, Way, WAY in advance.
  16. ARCHIVED-Blackguard Guest

We've finally identified the problem with this spell and the fix is on Test. We'll work on getting this out in the next hotfix assuming it's safe to include.
  17. ARCHIVED-Fumbles Guest

Woot! Dev response! Glad to hear there is a fix on the way!
  18. ARCHIVED-VeraIkonica Guest

This is great news I can finally stop cursing the Dev's names
  19. ARCHIVED-D-lirium Guest

/happydance

Finally! Thanks for the reply Blackguard.
  20. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

Thank you thank you thank you ... for finally addressing this issue.