Dark Infestation Bugged after LU18?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Threepwood51, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-VeraIkonica Guest

January 4 still no fix in update note. At least we are about to get another incomplete broke [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] expansion. I wonder which class they will break (or uberfy) this time to get poeple to role new alts.
  2. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

After doing PP the return last nite , the 3 warlocks in my guild were barely hanging on to the top 10 dps against necros and assasins last nite , i mean im not gonna hate on their dps but what happen to warlock dps on raids ? ( i mean [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] we were getting owned even in the big group fights )
  3. ARCHIVED-Fumbles Guest

I just got this spell, and was suprised after casting it probably 100 times I saw no broodlings ever, so I decided to check up on the spell here, I guess I got my answer.
  4. ARCHIVED-Maelwys1 Guest

yes, currently broken, and still no acknowledgement by a dev that it's been looked at.

so much for one of our best spells
  5. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

I agree. Can we please have a reply on this issue?
  6. ARCHIVED-Crono1321 Guest

Haha you've got to be freaking kidding me....those groups of over 10 undead in a single group and you can't come out on top? I can get over 10k dps in those battles, devastation-DN-NA-BF-DN-NA! Just devastation alone at adept will get you AT LEAST 3000 x 10 mobs = 30000dmg...that's twice as much as an assassinate and on a 45 second recast (not 15 like the assassin 50 spell!). Nil Absolution master1 is doing around 2300 to each mob...the closest class that comes close to my dps is wizard followed closely by ranger. Necros and conjurors can't get their dps in that short of a timespan like we can. Warlock owns AE so hard its not even funny.

And yes Dark Infestation is now useless.
  7. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

Have you raided PP the return? you do know that the group trash mobs deeper in have ALOT of hp ( epic x4 minotaurs ) They arent as fast to burn down as you think, summoners currently in long fights will out dps warlocks due to the fact that their dps is sustained compared to warlocks ...........
  8. ARCHIVED-Senen74 Guest

I'm not sure how you got 10k dps I'd personaly like to see a parse of that none of the theoretical stuff. I have screens of parses were I put out 3.4k dps on the ae encounters in Poets return thats on the 10-15 mob grps with leading with Master 1 devastation, DN, NA, in one round of them while starting the cast on Dev prior to the mobs fully engaging the MTank. Aswell as having Netherous Realm and Corrupt Gift activated before the fight starts that pretty much achieves our max dps aswell as the added dps from Troub buffs I would think maybe 4k dps on a quick burst on those large grps is possible but thats pushing it and thats realy the only way we realy ever get over normal 900-1200 dps and thats not sustained. You have to remember its 4 secs until your next ae hits so what could be 10k dps if cast at the beginning of the fight drops to under 2.5k dps before the next spell lands spikes and then drops again before the next spell lands so its realy impossible to ever crest back over 3k dps as the longer the fight goes on say 12 secs and beyond our dps will continualy fall below 2k down around maybe 1.5k sustained till were oop on ae encounters which none exist with 10-15 mobs most are 4-5 mobs which drops our dps to around 1200 on them.

Senen
    Permafrost
    "The Tyrants"
  9. ARCHIVED-VeraIkonica Guest

January 9th still funking broke.................still no funking response from devs
  10. ARCHIVED-Modean Guest

Guys lets light this thread up so it can get some attention..

DEV's WE WOULD LIKE OUR DARK INVESTATION SPELL FIXED!!!!! THANKS!
  11. ARCHIVED-Tomanak Guest

Broodling Oh Broodling wherefore art thou Broodling?

Fix Dark Infestation NOW
  12. ARCHIVED-Modean Guest

I think they gave them to the Necros so that they can not only beat us on a single target DPS but on AE targets too...

Thanks,
    Message Edited by Modean on 01-10-200602:20 PM
  13. ARCHIVED-Modean Guest

Double post sorry..
    Message Edited by Modean on 01-10-200602:19 PM
  14. ARCHIVED-Talonis Guest

Maybe we should try some reverse psychology here:

Boy am I glad those Broodlings are gone!

That spell is WAY overpowered!

The DoT does uber damage! I sure hope they nerf it!

The proc rate on those things are insane! They proc by just having me think of them!

The duration of them Broodlings is WAY too long. I wish they would despawn sooner!

I like the way they have to spawn 3 times before they go for the target! I think they should respawn at LEAST 3 MORE times before they go do the job they were summoned to do!

(Okay...let's see if the reverse psychology works. If they take this literally now, things can't get any worse than they already are with the Broodlings being kinda, uh, GONE and all)
  15. ARCHIVED-realgreyhame Guest

still no broodlings.
  16. ARCHIVED-Chrisx Guest

LOOK FOR DEV FEED BACK HERE GUYS!!!

At least acknowledge your aware there is a problem or that these where removed on purpose please...
  17. ARCHIVED-Styker Guest

i wonder if devs will read this thread anytime soon, fix this spell pls ( infact fix Netheros Realm as well and make Corrupt GIft worth casting )
  18. ARCHIVED-TizZle Guest

This spell definitely needs fixed. I don't see how it could have been broken in the first place. I haven't seen a broodling spawn in a while.
    And for the PPR zone... Try casting Devastation and Nil Absolution on the low hp mobs at the beginning.... You will be toast. I lead with Anarchiac Maelstrom, Concussive, Devstation, then Nil Absolution ... got owned so i left out Nil Ab. and was fine. Other warlock died in about the same fashion.
    P.S. BRING BACK MY BROODLINGS !
  19. ARCHIVED-Ibunubi Guest

I'd like them to also fix the stacking issue with Dark Infestation. Currently, pre-LU18 of course, I would cast DI and proc broodlings, then another warlock would cast DI, causing all the spells to now proc HIS, and when his broodlings pop, mine disappear.

My experience with Poets: Return is ... pre-cast Netherous Realm on the pull, DN, NA, Concussive, Maelstrom, Gift, Devastation. Pause a tiny bit. DN, Boundless Fury, NA, etc ... Only pulled aggro once and that was on a caster group challenge lol, granted we had the Troub aggro reduction.
  20. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

I agree that the broodlings need to be fixed.
    I also think Warlocks need a bit of an overall dps boost or at least less hate built into thier spells so they have a bit of an edge on Conjurors and are comparable to Rangers. Wizards need even more of a boost to stay up with the single target dps side of things.