Dark Infestation Bugged after LU18?

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-Threepwood51, Dec 20, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Threepwood51 Guest

I have master 1 of the spell, and when I get the purple smoke type particles that show up when the broods are supposed to spawn, nothing spawns, havent seen a broodling yet, anyone else having this issue?
  2. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

SOE in its glorious wisdom disabled in LU18 ALL recatives
    Look what happend - not a single reactive proc of coercer work after LU18
    Cacophony of Blades proc only if attack been made with prime hand
    In other word unless you can cast Dark Infestation with prime hand only - no broodling for yo!
  3. ARCHIVED-Darton Guest

Rofl, no wonder i was tossing those Broods with my off hand. /boggle
  4. ARCHIVED-Amistead Guest

Not only that, the damage was stealth nerfed as well. There was no mention of this in patch notes. For the love of god, there are several tank classes, nearly all scout classes, and the majority of caster classes out dps warlocks on single targets now. Why in the world are you nerfing this spell even more? WHY?

Screen shots of both versions incoming after raids.
    Alezara
    Warlock of the 60th Order
    -=Core/Unrest=-
  5. ARCHIVED-Amistead Guest

And yes, I have the master 1 as well. They are not spawning.
  6. ARCHIVED-Amistead Guest

Update. I've seen it proc three times in about 2 and a half hours of raiding now. When they do proc, they are level 52 double down, and they disappear instantaneously.
  7. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

The issue:
    The broodlings do not spawn and thus the damage is never ouput (but the summoning graphic procs as it normally would).

I think it's safe to say this is a bug and [hopefully] it will be fixed tomorrow.

Message Edited by Vicontessa on 12-20-2005 08:27 PM
  8. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

Yeh, I noticed the spell hardly ever triggers now and the broodlings are never visible :/
  9. ARCHIVED-Pelia Guest

dark infestation is triggering as much as it did before the update for me. once it triggers i only see one broodling and it's green and it disappears after about 1/8th of a second.
  10. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

So far SOE stated that procs working as intended :( (aka no commets that they [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] up the patch)
  11. ARCHIVED-Nergall Guest

I cant understand why you all complain....Dark Infestation now doabout 100dmg less and dont proc!
    Oh yeah SOE listened we are now balanced....SIIIIGHHHH

/sarcasem off.
  12. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

Since it is still not working after today's update I don't think it has to do with the proc changes - at least not directly. But clearly something has been broken in an unintended way.

I have posted about it in the Spells & Abilities forum with a link to this thread. Hopefully we can get some clarification from someone on the development end, as to what the intention is or what the problem is - and more importantly when it might be resolved.
  13. ARCHIVED-Oakbrow Guest

Did three raids tonight. Never saw a single Dark Infestation proc.
    Gimme Back...Gimme Back my Broodlings
    Oh, put em back where they belong.
    I wanna see some more damage done
    Gimme back my Broodlings...
    (Apologies to Lynyrd Skynyrd. Parody copyright 12/22/05 by Oakbrow)
  14. ARCHIVED-Mackralall Guest

I talked to a GM in game. Very nice fellow. He said that the developers are aware that Dark infestation is broken. I just have to wonder why it is broken. All of the warlocks on this forum I'm sure are aware that this spell was broken until several live updates following the release of the expansion. It was then fixed and then broken again. What is going on? Is this spell that difficult to code for?
    -Mackralall, Lvl60 Warlock, Lvl60 Sage
    Najena Server
  15. ARCHIVED-Modean Guest

Still broken as of last night. Procs 1 green broodling that instantly dies and does no damage.
  16. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Moorgard said all worked as intenteded ... so foget about broodling till LU22 or so
  17. ARCHIVED-Araxes Guest

I think it will be addressed before then. :D
  18. ARCHIVED-UrkBloodAxe Guest

working as intended??? Does moor know about warlock spells. he plays a monk.
    I don't even see the broodlings for 1/8 of a second. this spell is CLEARLY not working as intended.
    I'd like to see the screenshots of the damage reduction for the dot. I for one didn't record int/min/max for the spell so have no idea if the dot was changed.
  19. ARCHIVED-Modean Guest

Hey Dev's can we get an update on Dark Infestation and the Broodlings not ever procing? This spell is definately broken...
    Message Edited by Modean on 12-31-2005 07:04 AM
  20. ARCHIVED-tim the sorc Guest

agreed. It would be nice just for someone to drop in and say: "hey, we'll take a look at that when we get back from vacation." any sort of acknowledgement would be fine with me. I've /bugged this twice, no response.