Dark Elf vs High Elf

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Teat1me, Aug 14, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Teat1me Guest

I know, I know race doesn't matter. BUT, I'm determined to play an elven dirge and looking at the available elves dark elves seem to come out on top compared to high elves. (I'm not including wood elves here because I have no intention of playing a woodelf).
    I just wanted to know if the general consensus is that dark elves are superior to highelves in terms of racials and available gods etc, for dirge purposes.
    Any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated!
    //Tea
  2. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

Teat1me wrote:
    dark elf no question. the racial abilities for + to melee crit win hands down for any scout class.
  3. ARCHIVED-Eveningsong Guest

I'm not sure that 5% crit for 30 seconds every 5 minutes is that great for dark elves tbh. Personally I"m pretty happy with half-elf. We get +1% Combat Crit w/+5 Parry/+1% Spell Crit w/+5 Focus plus +5 agi which is pretty helpful. The only diety restrictions are faction based I believe (eg. good vs evil). And don't forget that you can always betray after level 10 if you want to pick one race for a specific reason (roleplay or stats) and then switch sides for actual play, since dirges are neutral and available on both factions.
  4. ARCHIVED-SpineDoc Guest

Is that what everyone gets excited about on DE's? 5% MC 30 seconds every 5 minutes? I don't have any DE's so I never looked at their racials, but that seems pretty weak IMO.
  5. ARCHIVED-SpineDoc Guest

I just looked it up and DE is pretty nice IMO after all.
    Every 5 min, 30 seconds of:
    5% Melee and Spell Crit,
    +10% Casting Speed
    +35 Attack Speed, -Parry, -Defense
    Not bad for named fights at all. Plus you get the permanent +2% Double Attack and +5 Piercing/+1.8% Spell Crit and +5 Disruption. DA in particular seems kind of hard to get after a certain number, especially since SOE puts virtually no DA on our shard armor.
    Plus you get hover and speed invis. I might just consider DE when the racial potions come out.
  6. ARCHIVED-alkaline Guest

I went with DE for dirge based only on fact of the invis speed. It has helped me out so far and the dark elf pared with the songs of death and darkness just kinda works :)