Dark Bahamuth & Ailisabh's Journey! | Everquest 2 | Episode 4: Halloween Event!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Darkbahamuth, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Darkbahamuth Active Member

Hello again!

Episode 4 is finally here!

This time we enjoy some of the halloween event. Please tell me what you think about the video, what you like and what you didn't. And don't forget to subscribe and give a like if you enjoyed it.
    And stay tune for the next episode.

Can't wait to reach Neriak!

You can enter to my twitter where I will give updates about the next videos, delays and that sort of thing.
    https://twitter.com/darkbahamuth

Have a wonderful life and I hope to see you around.

Raynekeeper, witchy77, Leloes and 4 others like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

So funny LOL And you even mentioned some of us by name awwwww that's sweet.
    Darkbahamuth, Leloes, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  3. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I love the bits where you're having discussions about the game with your wife. It's funny how she doesn't *really* understand gamers. :)
    Darkbahamuth, Leloes, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

I liked the part at the beginning when hes trying to tell her he doesn't spend RL money on the game, and she just keeps starring at him.
    Darkbahamuth, Leloes, Cyrrena and 3 others like this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

That was my favorite part, too. :)
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Great job as usual. You always have the perfect amount of humor and its dry enough for us from across the pond but not so dry that those from the US do not understand it. I also love the way you have your wife stare you down just as she would in the real world, perfect touch.

Before heading to Neriak, you need to show your wife the harvesting nodes and the shinies!!! When you were standing by the wolves you had 2 shinies right behind you and I kept trying to make you walk over and gather them!!
  7. Leloes Well-Known Member

Cool video! I do have a question, though. How do you get your characters to walk and not run everywhere?
    Darkbahamuth and Breanna like this.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL me too!! I'm like hey Shiney hey shiney go get it. You didn't listen though.
    Cyrrena, Darkbahamuth and Leloes like this.
  9. Breanna Well-Known Member

You can walk or run in this game, I think it's alt r but don't quote me on that. In your knowledge book is a run walk under abilities. I put mine on my hotbar, because I'm constantly doing something to make me walk and I hate how slow it is when you walk
    Cyrrena and Leloes like this.
  10. Leloes Well-Known Member

When I can get back in the game I'll have to take a look and see. Thanks!
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  11. Darkbahamuth Active Member

Hello to all!
    Thanks for all your comments and about the shiny collectibles/harvesting nodes, I do had in mind including it in previous episodes but I felt that it would slow even more the pace of the videos.
    But now that you mentioned it I might as well add it in the next episode, before leaving the town.
    I need to think about a clever and funny way to do it though.

Anyway, I was wondering if you could help me with some criticism about the videos. Having in mind that the point of the episodes is, obviously, entertain.

Aside from grammatical errors and coherence in the sentences (I'm aware of that). What things would you like to see different or could be improved?
    For example:

Lenght of the video.
    is it too short or too long?
    does it feel slow at times?

Fights.
    Did you had a problem with the duration of the fights?
    Should I reduce it or leave it like that or maybe i should put the whole fights?

Subtitles.
    I don't know if you noticed but I've been reducing the size of the subtitles in each video.
    Are the subtitles hard to read?
    Are they too big or too short?

The quests itself.
    I don't think I will change something about "accepting the quests" because another reason for doing this videos is having a register of the lore, as I mentioned in the episode itself, it's like a therapy for me.
    But if you have a recommendation let me know.

If you have any other idea that would make the videos more fluid or better in general for you to watch it, I'm eager to read it.

Once again, thanks for your words and your time.
    Cyrrena and Leloes like this.
  12. Breanna Well-Known Member

I think they are just right, not to long not to short. I've never really felt anything was wrong, like I haven't sat there an said OMG do this or do that, well.... other than the shiney I have a shiney fetish. I think it's a perfect mixture.
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

The only issue I had with your current episode was at the beginning - the part that was either not EQ2 or was end-game - I was feeling motion sick and had to un-maximize the video. (Normally I watch your videos full screen, because they deserve it.) But that's my issue, and the reason I can't play first person games.

You don't have so many battles in the videos that it gets too drawn out, at least I didn't think so in this episode. One of your earlier episodes - I don't remember which one - I felt that there were too many battle scenes, and it got to the point where I got a little impatient for them to end. They just aren't as entertaining as the interactions between you and your wife, or you (or her) with the NPCs. At least, the way you've changed the NPC dialog. :) I loved the whole "I turned him into a pumpkin" scene. :D And as Cyrrena said, the scene where your wife's character stared you down the way she might have in real life, was just classic.
    Cyrrena, Darkbahamuth and Leloes like this.
  14. Leloes Well-Known Member

I have to agree with Breanna I thought the video was just fine. Not too long. Not too short. I think the video was quite entertaining and very amusing.:)
  15. Darkbahamuth Active Member

Ok, so the duration is not a problem, that's good to know. And about the fights, I just came up with a way to do it faster and funny. You'll see.

There's something I didn't quite understand about what you said Juraiya (english is not my first language).

The problem was with ONLY the first part of the video (fighting dragons in first person view)? or it was also with the end of the video where I put some scenes from different games?

About the motion sick problem, I knew that some people suffer from it but I never though about it while making the video. Something to have in mind in the next ones for sure.

Well, all I have to said is if you have any more input let me know. And thanks again for your time.
    Cyrrena, Leloes and Breanna like this.
  16. Juraiya Well-Known Member

It has to do with certain kinds of motion in games. I never get motion sick in vehicles, so it's not inner ear related; it has to do with something in the visual cortex. I never had the problem when I was younger; from what I've read, sometimes as gamers get older the problem starts, and it only gets worse as time goes by.

It's when I'm playing first person games, with certain kinds of bouncy movements. Heck, almost any movement. The back and forth stuff in first person causes me to start to get nauseous, and I have to close my eyes or look away. I can only play video games that allow third person view, and preferably top-down. EQ2 is fine, but when I used to play Free Realms, at the end I started having the problem. When I first played the game I didn't have it, so I know it developed sometime during that game's run.

Only the beginning of your video caused it, and changing the video size back to the default only on the web page made it go away. It was only when I had it in full screen (which is how I watch all of your videos) that it happened.

Your normal combats in the game don't do that to me; they're fine. Like I said, it was only the opening combat. (I have yet to have a problem when playing EQ2, as long as I don't go first person.) I know you only did it as a contrast to make it "only a dream" (which I thought was funny), so I'm figuring you won't have something like that again. And as I said, making the video back to the smaller size made the nausea go away, which actually helps me diagnose my problem a bit more. (And it means that maybe I *can* play games that are in first person, if I can set the view screen smaller. That's very useful for me to know. :) )
    Leloes likes this.
  17. Leloes Well-Known Member

I have this problem too with some first person games. When I try to play them it makes me get very nauseated and a headache......I've been told that if I take a motion sickness medication it should help. I just hate to have to do that just to play a game. Never had this problem when I was younger but the older I get the worse it gets.:(
    Breanna and Juraiya like this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Its when the video simulates you zooming in and rotating. Your brain starts going into vertigo. I have to take Meclizine for it. It is not an inner ear problem which is what causes most people to experience motion sickness. This is true vertigo that originates in the brain itself.
    You can also experience this just from going from laying down to standing up without a short period of sitting up first. Your brain loses its equilibrium and the vertigo ensues. I never had this issue, although I did have motion sickness in cars only when I was a kid. The vertigo started about 4 years ago, about 8 years after my primary progressive MS diagnosis, so mine is attributed to that.
    Juraiya, Breanna and Leloes like this.
  19. Leloes Well-Known Member

I've wondered what causes this problem myself. I don't have this problem with all games I play just some. Usually if I go back later and attempt to play the game again I can.
    Breanna and Cyrrena like this.
  20. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yikes. I'm sorry about your MS; that really sucks.

I have a great sense of balance in real life, but no ability to balance, because the nerves that control the muscles on the bottoms of my feet are dead. (Permanently. No chance of recovery. First thing I asked my neurologist was what I could do to get them back, and he said I couldn't.) It's definitely not related to my problems with first person games, because that problem came before the neuropathy. I think.

Your explanation is very enlightening. I had sort of an idea of it, but didn't know about the vertigo. Strange; I've never had vertigo in my life, mostly because I have almost no depth perception.
    Cyrrena, Leloes and Breanna like this.