dark aggravation... Aggravating!!

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-hansomepete, Jan 5, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-hansomepete Guest

OK I picked it because it sounded cool and you wouoldn't want a 20k spell and have it possibly leech out to others. I can never seem to cast it!
    How do you know when Dark incubation is active?
  2. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

When the icon on your spell bar lights up.
    You also get a red message that says * Edit - not a red text message on your screen, but in your chat window.
    You can tell that [mob] and its allies have been infected with Dark Incubations.
  3. ARCHIVED-CoLD MeTaL Guest

In addition to what Lempo said,
    There is also an effect that is green in your maintained spells.
    You have only a second or two to cast dark aggravation so you have to macro it with /cancel_spellcast (you can shove in freehand sorcery since it is an instant cast to boost the crit) and hit it when it becomes available.
    The red text in the chat window is the best indicator but you also then have to have a chat window that isn't scrolling other text like say actual chat.
    It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
  4. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

The best indicator is that the icon for dark aggravation lights up, but yes you do get an icon in maintained I totally forgot that as I never use it.
    It can be even more aggravation because the current target you have may not actually be 'infected' and you can not cast.
    This is yet another mechanic that is very poorly designed has needed to be addressed for ages and is simply ignored, you can also see the detriment on your target if it is in fact infected.
    So just because you see any of the aforementioned methods, unless it is a SINGLE target it could still fail. The detriment can also be removed from the mob yet it will appear that it is still being maintained. You have not even begun to see how aggravating this endline is, but yes you were right to want to take it.
  5. ARCHIVED-hansomepete Guest

This weekend I finally got to use it! it's pretty cool when it hits got me up in the parse I was still third... got to work on the cast speed and recovery. The wiz would always just out cast me and get the extra bit of damage out before me. The scout just killed us both but he had a ton of fabled gear so I was not surprised. saw the announcement a few times and wondered what the heck that was because of the scroll, once I figured out waht to look for it was a great little spell.
    Thanks