Damage

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-tryffel, Dec 8, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-tryffel Guest

Hello fellow Necromancers.

Some questions:
    I have adept I in bludegoning earth, seism, grim spellbinder.
    I have app III in Dust Blast, Swarm of rats and Blight.

Every "dot-tick" can inlfict 80-100 dam with Blight + B Earth+ Seism.
    Myself can nuke for 40-60 with dustblast about every "dot-tick" (maintaining the other dots and chaincasting dustblast)
    Thats 120-160 damage per "dot-tick"

Have anybody done any parses on how fast the attackrate is for rats and pet?
    My rats hit for about 30-35 also(little rat around 10 and big rat around 20).
    My pet hits for 30-50 and then 15-20 and a dot 1-2 depending on what spell he casts.

I am writing this because i really cant tell if we are really good att dps or bad at dps.
    Sometimes it just feels like my "30 damage-dots-per-tick" just dissapears in the general combat spam of numbers from 50 up to 250 (and our brigands many 10-20 damage numbers).
    But then again, i have only played a necro in eq2 so i don't really know how much damage the other classes do. I just see the combat spam.
    Any handy persons that have done some parsing?

Anyways, keep on playing those necros and I hope I get to have skeletal concubines like that orc in Wailing Cave has. Perhaps a necro only house pet, that would have been fun

(English is not my native language so have some pity on my spelling)
    /Ukka Fizzletoe, the broker is your friend.
  2. ARCHIVED-Fornax_Lacerta Guest

I haven't done any math, but our DOTs + Nukes + Pets = high damage.

In a group I'm the "consistent" damage dealer. I have my hotkeys set up to do the most efficient damage possible using my PET as a battery for my attacks.

In a fight I start off by sending in my pet, applying my 3 DOTs, and summon rats. Then I nuke twice. Then I convert my pets health into mana for me. Rinse and repeat.

I never see those big damage numbers like others do, but I know I'm doing a consistent amount of damage between all the stuff I'm throwing at the Mobs.
  3. ARCHIVED-TraceDAce Guest

I agree, I am only lvl 19 but I have played a necro in EQ1 as well. You really will not see the big damage numbers as a necro, we specialize on DOTs and bringing a additional fighter to the fight. I do wish they gave us a fear for the possible, Fear and run like hell, but I have found my Adept Petrify works real well. While playing in FG the tank would pull, I would then send in pet, DOT, Petrify, and sit. As the DOTS wear off I would hit him again, the petrify helps keep the CLeric for haveing to heal right off because he cant attack for the initial 5-10 secs and the tank can build up sufficiant agro. Just my 2 cents.