damage output extremely low only when in plane of magic

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by pewpew, Nov 29, 2017.

1. pewpew New Member

hi there, i have this bug on all my characters they are lv100 with the free noob gear from pop. i tried to reset my AA, leveled to 101 with 1 toon (and it was very long).

anything hit very low, even with regular damages displayed in tooltips, and it only happen in plane of magic i have full damages in obulus frontiers for example.

[IMG]
  2. pewpew New Member

here's a parse on a training dummy with the same character

[IMG]
  3. Smashenu New Member

I can confirm this. Taking my Channeler between 3 and 5 minutes to kill regular quest mobs. The most that character is hitting for is around 40k.
  4. Syngo New Member

Same goes for me. I experience this will all regular mobs. I tried recommit on my aa’s and file integrity check with no success. At times my combat art rotation did no damage.
  5. SynE New Member

Same problem here, with pop starter stuff. Normal dps on all zone but plane of magic...

I have same issue on thurgadin server and AB server.
  6. Syngo New Member

update, when I cast dragonfire, normal damage while the CA is active and back to normal after it stops.
  7. Chapman New Member

im having the same issue on my channeler i figured it was just the disparity between 100 and 105 but maybe its not
  8. TechUp Active Member

9. Chapman New Member

some extra potency isnt going to magically make us go from doing 40k damage to the 2+ million damage we SHOULD be doing. Between this and the cross bow issue im starting to get pretty upset
  10. SynE New Member

22800 or 22850 pot up the dps by 200 ? :D
  11. Syngo New Member

Potency on gear on stats is spot on. There is another underlying issue as stated with Dragonfire monk ability allowing normal damage temporarily.
  12. SynE New Member

Hmmm as i stop played on ToT, look i've a problem on all orange mob...
  13. pewpew New Member

some devs attention should be great, this bug prevent anyone affected to play what they paid for.
  14. Krue New Member

Yeah I can't do anything unless I want to spend 2-5minutes killing trash.

On necro only the dumbfire pets seems to do any normal damage, everything else is like I'm doing nothing. Perfectly fine outside of PoP. Beast is worse off can't do much damage, and once he hit 101, pet and merc go 0% power within seconds, and the kills are even slower, if I don't die.

Feels alot like the bug I had when I started KA, and the invading sarnak at beginning took forever to kill, then abruptly the problem was gone the next day.

Really sucks to see others leveling fine, and I'm stuck doing introductory faction quests that take 30-50min to complete because I'm trapped in some weird Pantheon neckbeards wet dream.
    Okaim likes this.
  15. pewpew New Member

i swear i'm not some kind of masochist irl

[IMG]
  16. Dude Well-Known Member

You've posted your damage output, but that really doesn't tell anything. If you post a link to your character from EQ2U, people might be able to show you how to improve.
  17. pewpew New Member

my characters are irelevant, they are generic lv 100 with the free gear you get at pom entrance. the only diffence between them is my bst is now lv 103 and lv5 etherealist and still have the same minimal dps when in pom.

http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/446680082443
  18. pewpew New Member

btw i know how to press buttons already, that's not the issue.
  19. pewpew New Member

after extended tests on some dps classes with pot boost it seem going from 25 to 30k pot multiply spells dmg by rougly 20x, as if there was some hidden requirements for pop content.

not sure it's intended, there's no way a freshly created/buffed character with pom noob gear and lv5 ascension get more than 25 to 27k pot, and you cant expect people who want to come back or start this game to run the full ka timeline and instances before they play on pop.

this is a a nuke on a generic warlock without and with the 25% pot boost.

[IMG]
  20. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

It absolutely will. Mobs in PoP mitigate a large amount of potency, so even what feels like a nominal increase can increase your actual damage by a large amount.

With the starter gear available in Tishan's chest, along with 50 divine potency (available by running the Days of Summer event quests, or from Tishan after the next patch), your potency should be right around 32k.
    Rubick and Dude like this.