Daily Tradeskill Quest Rewards....

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Katzandra, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Melkior Well-Known Member

You can just load in the period you want it to parse within the log file. Be aware however, ACT will split the logfile around 64MB, so you may either have to merge the files back together for the dates you want, or increase the size before a split in ACT.
  2. Conifur Well-Known Member

Thank you.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

The Loottable of the daily crafter quests is for me just crap:

Today I got on one char my fifth NO-TRADE Reconstructed Celestial Infusers Recipie
    I do not speak from the three Rune of Withness, and four Academic Rein Recipies

Could you please mix this a little bit with other loot tables ;)
    Blazen likes this.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You just import all the logs you want parsed. You don't have to merge them or change the splitfile size.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I can't get the Reconstructed Celestial Infusers Recipie to save my life. I keep getting Limited Potions of Progress, which are unneeded now. :(
  6. Melkior Well-Known Member

Sig, how does this work? If I select a date range not in the file, it doesn't load it. I guessing you have opened multiple files and load them in? I never managed to get that to work, but if you've done it I'm sure that was user error on my part.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes. You open and import one logfile at a time. It just keeps loading in data.
    Melkior and Conifur like this.
  8. Beee Well-Known Member

That's what i ment: Loot table is crappy NOT random
    I have a full box of useless mount things (worth 5g or so)

Last expansion I did crafterweekly with 2 toons and never got an ancient recipie (except from broker)

It seems the random generator of EQ2 is not really random
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Well, it is as random as computers get. Remember, it's rolling the dice anew every time you win a prize, and that dice roll doesn't "remember" your previous ones. Random numbers can in fact have long streaks of bad results. You have to have a minimum of maybe 1000 samples to start making assumptions about the percentages on the loot table.

A loot table lists all the possible rewards, and each has a percentage chance of dropping. These don't have to all be equal, in fact, usually the most desirable items have a much lower chance of dropping than less wonderful stuff. That's just the nature of the beast.

Of course, if you want to sacrifice a chicken on the keyboard to the RNG god, it might help. In some universe. But it does make things really a big sticky mess.
    Breanna likes this.
  10. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I think it is time we make a separate wiki page to list all of the tradeskill dailies and weeklies and the name of the NPC that gives them and the location. I am not up to speed on where all of these are located.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Sig is this something that is possible with information you currently have or do you need me to go out hunting for them and send you the information? I cannot update wiki and do the research, I just do not have enough hours in the day with the endless fatigue the MS creates. I have no problem at all helping research things so wiki pages can be updated or created.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There is a well-defined Tradeskill Timeline already, I'm not sure why we'd want to pull all the dailies to one page.

You can also look up all Mission Quests.
  13. Player2 Member

the Tradeskill Timeline lists Elysian Mount Gear Recipes among the rewards for the CD Dailies.
    in the other thread, i was told they're raid drops... i'm confused
  14. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm looking and don't see the recipes for Elysian mount items. I do see the limited (three uses) elysian recipes but not the mount ones.
    Is this what you are looking at?
    https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Chaos_Descending_Crafting_Timeline

if it isn't, can you link please? I want those elysian mount recipes so if they are dropping anywhere else than raids I'm interested to know :)
  15. Dolgrin Active Member

I use this old Asheron's Call Dev note in every teaching school about RNG!!!
    RNG can never go wrong? -- Similar problem seems to be in eq2 loot generator.

16. Player2 Member

that's the link. it looks like the page has been edited since my post.
    the elysian, and i believe chronicler mount gear used to be listed just above academic and student in the mission rewards section
  17. Skaw New Member

I’m getting about 4 Academics Recipe Books for every 1 Students. Given that I’ve had 100+ Students Patterns drop and just 1 Academics Pattern, that is a little frustrating. “When the fun stops, stop” as they say in the gambling ads.......
  18. Player2 Member

all i'm getting are advanced studies that i already bought off the broker for ridiculous amounts of plat weeks after launch.
    I imagine things would be different if these TS devs had to do a daily lotto for a chance to get a book so they could do their jobs... and 3 uses at that.

[and it irks me to no end that even the best tradeskill and harvesting tack is raid gated]
  19. Feara Well-Known Member

/pulls_out_a_$50.

should I confess after returning from being absent for awhile I tried to find a condensed dailies list to get back in the swing of things.

nah, probably not. /chuckles

thanks for all your help on the forums Sigrdrifa, wouldn't be the same without you.
    also thanks to Niami/EQ2 Traders Corner for never missing a beat and being my favorite go to.
    Febrith, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

There is no TS dev. Tradeskill bits get split out to the raid and mechanics devs since Domino left the team.
    Cyrrena likes this.