Daily Tradeskill Quest Rewards....

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Katzandra, Dec 18, 2018.

1. semisus Does not play this game

I would have liked if the tradeskill dailys gave us coins that we could use to get the things we lack
    Like a vendor has a recipe for sale for 200 coins , you get 10 coins pr and if your unlucky atleast after 20 dailys you can get the recipe you want.
    Juraiya, Lavinder, Sigrdrifa and 5 others like this.
  2. Dolgrin Active Member

I repeat myself, with my suggestion, that the smart loot generator is broken since some years.

Why do get some chars constantly ultra rare loot while other get the same crap?

I see chars they sell orange adorn, no-trade shinys nearly every 1-2 hours, while i see nothing of this stuff for month?
    I see chars they sell tons of essences on broker, while i see nothing of this stuff for month?
    I see chars they sell tons of ancient books, while i see nothing of this stuff for month?

Also it seems for some chars, the drop rate of rare and ultra rare loot is decaying, or there are serverside configuration changes that lowers these drop rate.

RNG was never ever really RNG, the smart loot system is broken.
    BASTA!
    Lavinder, Soara and Cyrrena like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Since I'm doing the harvesting quests anyway, I continue to pick it up. /sigh
    Soara, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

One thing to be aware of.. most people with alts have 1 toon that sells everything.
    Soara, Cyrrena, Breanna and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yup. One of my toons has all those 100% boxes and sells everything. I run a BUNCH of toons through daily quests.
    Soara and Cyrrena like this.
  6. Dolgrin Active Member

Sorry Mermut, but if i would follow your argument, things are even more worse and broken.

Following your logic:

Someone runs a solo zone with multiple alts.
    So after finding a notrade-shiny or an orange, he zones his selling char in, to SLR the item? - Makes no sense for me.
    So some ppl find multiple essences and ultra rare TS books on there alts, while others never get anything?

We discussed this stuff some months ago in our raidforce.
    A few ppl were finding tons of Essences of magic in plants and the zone or rare, TS books and oranges, while some other never find anything.

We also compared time invest, skills, graphical settings alting and instance runs.
    Some chars or better accounts get anything while other are getting nothing.

Unfortunalty there is no 3rd party tool to verify this stuff.
    Soara likes this.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Actually, there are such tools.

To start with, there's a harvesting plug-in for ACT:
    [IMG]

I'm actually glad I'm writing this post, because the character who was harvesting here has 901 Harvest Skills, over 100% Bountiful Harvest, and a 25% Rare Harvest Chance. However, 25% of 1796 collects = 449, and 25% of 6426 items = 1606, so apparently I'm getting one-tenth of the number of rares I should be.

There is also a Loot Parsing plug-in for ACT:
    [IMG]

With both of these plug-ins, you can use ACT's Import/Export tab, import any game log(s) you want, then review the totals.
    Juraiya, Soara, Cyrrena and 1 other person like this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

ooohhh!!! I am behind the times again. I have each character that gets something I want to sell, sell it themselves.
    Soara likes this.
  9. Melkior Well-Known Member

Off topic, but just out of curiosity, what components get you to 100% BH? I am at 96% with Shawl, Mark, TS AA, Compact Harvesting Kit, Gi, Potion and 3 Nails. Must be missing something. Thanks!
    Soara likes this.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Prior to CD release this is how I got over 100% BH.

10%Sprocket
    27%Shawl
    12%Ashen Gi
    12%Sumac Kit
    10%Mark
    15%AA Ample Harvest
    1%Shroud
    3%Harvester Balm

Nail of Harvests (3 slots)
    5%Chest
    5%Legs
    5%Feet

After CD release I've switched some things around and can maintain 102% without the use of Harvester balm (might be 103 but not in game atm to check the number). I also haven't made a revised list after CD release, and pulled off the list from one of my spreadsheets.
    Soara likes this.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Probably Sproket's Blueprint Constructor
    Soara and Melkior like this.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

That was it. For some reason I never bought the upgrade last year, so I guess I'll just live with 96%. Thanks.
    Soara likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

• Celestial Nail of Harvests (+12 BH) on:
      • 1 - Visionary Gi of the Ashen Artisan
      • 2 - Ancient Primal Velium Flecked Pantaloons (Chains of Eternity level 95 armor has 2 white slots)
      • 1 - Reinforced Very Light Dwarven Work Boots
    • Visionary Gi of the Ashen Artisan (+12 BH)
    • Mark of the Far Seas (+10 BH)
    • Visionary Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl (+27 BH)
    • Compact Sumac Harvesting Kit (+10 BH)
    • Sprocket's Blueprint Constructor (+10 BH)
    Soara likes this.
  14. Conifur Well-Known Member

Does experimenting on it raise the stats? I never looked at it.
  15. Melkior Well-Known Member

Not the BH, but other stats yes.
  16. Conifur Well-Known Member

Not trying to troll - trying to learn. I thought the rare is additional to your harvest and you get 1 item. So if you 1796 collections you should have got 449 rares at 25% - which is less then you actually got. Instead of 25% you got just under 10% - which still blows. I thought the rare is based on the collection attempts, not the amount collected?
  17. Melkior Well-Known Member

Sometimes you get a rare directly. Other times, it comes with the harvest of 10 items.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

I always figured it was on the attempt to harvest and not your overall harvesting session but like each node you have that chance, not if you harvest for 5 hours. I could be wrong but that's the way I've always understood it.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Checking on various toons, the rare harvesting rate really does appear to be capped at 10%.
    Cyrrena and Soara like this.
  20. Conifur Well-Known Member

Well that would be sad if it is capped. Surprised, not the least bit - but sad all the same.

On a second note, is there a way in the ACT plugin for the harvester to save the data over the course of say a week to get a longer sample size without keeping it open for that week?