Daily PoP TS Rewards

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Pengana, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Add celestial teachings and remove infusers to this list of suggestions, and I think it'd be well rounded.
  2. Seni Active Member

Yeah. I was trying to find a silver lining. Why you always gotta bust my chops, Mermut? :p

Awesome! Thank you!

-----
    There are those who think the devs aren't reading, listening, taking notes - I hope they see this thread, because it's exactly why we suggested an unhappy person post in these forums and suggest possible solutions.

Nothing is ever perfect. But constructive communication from all sides can get some things mighty close. Fingers crossed!
  3. Kander Developer

Constructive communication is always appreciated.
  4. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

I'd also say that the weekly rewards need to be looked at, since it is a very limited quest, so there should be something valuable to a tradeskiller to keep them coming back - so replacing infusers with something like limited-use orange rune recipes and Celestial teachings would be a better fit
    Mercychalice, Pengana and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Pengana Active Member

Just tried out the tradeskill daily (Torden) to see how rewards may have changed, I did the daily harvesting and the daily solo just to compare. You experiences may vary, the rng gods laugh at me, but thought I'd post this for a data point. Right now, I don't think the tradeskill runs are worth my time. These times are just what I take, I know many can do these faster, and probably some do them slower. I'm a member, so my currency and tokens are double non-members.

Torden TS (approx 40 min)
    two very lengthy crafts, no potion 7 min. most time just running around, gathering and searching for bucket.
    rewards:
    adv armorer 109 (broker price 1p)
    10 far seas tokens
    4 tears of ro
    4p, 30g, 76s, 84c
    15000 status

TS gathering quests (3 quests, approx 30 min)
    12 tears of ro
    4p 98g 32s
    144000 status
    4 rares, assorted harvests
    This takes me a bit longer because I enjoy harvesting. But I did in my travels get 36rares and assorted shinies to add to my take while I was doing these quests. My husband does the three of them in less than 15 min.

Innovation II solo daily (took the zone quest as well) (approx 20 min)
    adv armorer 109 (trash mob drop) (Did I mention that the rng gods laugh at me...)
    8 tears of ro
    10 p 64g 86s 45c (from name chests, trash drops, and quest rewards)
    5 shinies
    3 planar transmuting stones
    5 pieces of gear (which will likely be transmuted)
    a status item
    74000 status

I have to ask, why would I spend my time on Torden ever?

I am again suggesting that the daily TS rewards be reevaluated to recognize the time and effort put into getting them done and make them equitable to the other quests mentioned above. I do know that the adventure solo is both the zone quest and the daily, but there isn't an equivalent zone quest to go with the TS daily.

Addition of the far seas tokens is a step in the right direction, but is not enough to get me to run these regularly. Take too much time for the reward relative to other quest I could spend my time completing.
    Quillyne and Rosyposy like this.
  6. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You basically laid out why people should run adventure quests, rather than tradeskill. Time being the relative factor, there's always a better pay off. Tradeskilling never requires as much skill, attention or investment as Adventuring, so it's always going to provide a lesser reward. The greatest reward, however, is achieved through doing both.

It's all well and good to draw a comparison, but what would you have them add? Crafters only have need for so much and with the way people can generate so much currency, having all those alts, it's hard to put anything of significant value up for sale.
  7. semisus Does not play this game

So i did a TS daily and reward i got was advanced tailor 110 and one of those liminted use recipe , can you please get rid of the advanced crap? seems like such a waste.
    Argosunited likes this.
  8. Gerak Well-Known Member

Its not advanced "crap" for those of us that don't have them yet. If you want to make them useful to everybody, make them transmutable.
  9. semisus Does not play this game

It might not be crap for you but honestly i think this its a design flaw , if the tradeskill quests had been in from start and the way to get advanced recipes was to run these then nobody would complain , however these are flooding in heroics and in solos
    even in raid you can get advanced recipe ( no idea why! )
  10. Gerak Well-Known Member

Then get them removed from heroics and solos. If you remove them from tradeskill loot you are forcing everyone who doesn't have them yet or doesn't run heroics to run them instead of receiving TS rewards for TS quests.
    Feylone and Xianthia like this.
  11. Thand Well-Known Member

Why? Far Seas tokens are near useless now a days atleast the Gems had a use
    • Restitch in time daily missions now grants Far Seas Trading Company Tokens and Ancient Rubicite Relics.
    • Restitch in Time weekly mission now grants Far Seas Trading Company Tokens.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

The tokens are an additional reward, not a replacement.
    Argosunited, Rosyposy and Xianthia like this.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Also, it's important to note that just because some have no use for them, doesn't mean others can't use them. As Mermut pointed out, this is in addition. They go into coin tab and you don't even have to acknowledge they are there.
    Deveryn and Rosyposy like this.
  14. semisus Does not play this game

im afraid its to late for this.
  15. Feylone Active Member

What? You mean we get TS recipies for doing a TS quest? What were the devs thinking???
    :rolleyes:
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I'm glad we get the advanced books, even if I would have preferred to see them on a merchant once the timeline finished. There's always an alternative way to get advanced books now for crafters, so it's logical. And I'm glad I have a chance to drop the limited use potion recipes too (why are they not heirloom ?).
  17. Drona Well-Known Member

I did the following two TS daily quest so far and here is my feed back,

A Restitch in Time: Security Measures
    Time: 45 minutes to complete this. This is the first time so should be faster next time. Lets say 30 minutes?
    Cost: The harvest materials required for this cost were around 300/400p from broker.
    Reward: A fabled potion recipe.

A Restitch in Time: Rebirth
    Time: 30 minutes. This is the first time so should be faster next time. Lets say 20 minutes?
    Cost: Negligible.
    Reward: Advanced book.

Why is there a huge time and cost requirements between daily quests? This seems very strange. They need to be brought in line in terms of time and cost else, I will start to skip the first quest.

As for the rewards, they seem very bad for the time spent but I guess its RNG and I might hit lucky next time.

Also I can solo the adventuring daily quest in less than 10 minutes and I only have heroic gear. It seems crafting dailies are requiring too much time compared to adventuring daily.
    Alenna and Pengana like this.
  18. Gregore Active Member

These TS dailies are terrible in regards to the time sink required to run them VS the rewards! Pretty much all of them require 30 to 40 minutes to do, require a lot of running around, and the combines are agonizingly slow and painful to do. Only a masochist would enjoy them! With all of that being said, I'd still do them on a regular basis if the rewards were more in line with the time and effort to complete them. Guildies are telling me that they're getting GM recipe books from these, but all I can get is crap like advanced weaponsmith recipe books! Frustration has set in at this point as the RNG gods hate me! The worst reward should still be better than a very common advanced recipe book! Just saying!
    Kheldar likes this.
  19. Drona Well-Known Member

Another daily done today,

A Restitch in Time: Tomb of Goo
    Time: 15 minutes. This is the first time so should be faster next time. Lets say 10 minutes?
    Cost: Negligible.
    Reward: Advanced book.

Again as you can see very quick which is good but why make the other s take long then?

This means I have now completed the TS weekly and I got a GM recipe book, yay me!
  20. Dagnabbit New Member

TS daily/weekly reward is good, but had a question on the Ancient Teachings of the Planes Volume I - X, are those 1 time use only items after scribing?

I made an Ancient spell and all of them disappeared from my recipe book, just want to make sure that was suppose to happen.