daily crafting next or something else ?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Geroblue, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

While I have Artisan books and scribed them into my recipes, on one character, what should I do next ? Artisan 10. Pain to find the one in Kelethin, crafting trainer. Fairly easy to find the one in New Halas. Certainly more room than the one in Qeynos.

I noticed that some of you have crafting gear in your rooms. Is that a load of station cash ? Or obtain them some other way ?

I did stop selling in broker the gathered/mined/forested, etc. items. This is getting a bit much for my character to carry. Starting to come out my ears. Anyway.

So, besides digging through a long list of recipes, how do I know what I should keep ? And what I can toss into my broker account ? Or am I just looking for a list that doesn't exist ?

Thanks.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

You can get the crafting stations off the city merchants for status points. You can also get harvesting and fuel depots for your home as well, those you can find on the broker, or get a nice crafting person to make them for you. If you were on Maj Dul I could make them but..... you're not.
    Cyrrena, Laaw and Soara2 like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

O forgot if you get a harvesting depot you can keep all your harvest. Once you decide what to be you can better tell which you want to keep. Like if you are not going to be a provisioner you can get rid of your fish and food stuff. Roots are used by everyone I think so always keep them scholars will use the stones and ore. Pick a class and then go from there. :D
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

Also I forgot make sure you get the elaborate and not the simple when you buy the workstations, the simple will only do 1 line of craft so basically they are for looks.
  5. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

besides the worktable is cool for tinker and adorning daily quest.
    One line is all you need.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  6. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Sorry, both my crafter characters are on Skyfire... I have characters on Maj'Dul. I'll look them over and see which ones that have lots of gathered, etc. items and make one of them a crafter.

edit: How much room do they take up ? I have either a Inn room of 2 rooms, or a dojo of 2 rooms. Didn't write in my spreadsheet which character in my .sig has what in a room.
  7. Eradani Well-Known Member

when you're 9, talk to a crafting trainer and pick one of craftsman, outfitter, or scholar. when you're 19, you pick a specialty.

it sounds like you're based on the qeynos side, so make your call home to halas as it sounds like you like the crafting area best. then seek out the crafting quest there https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Introduction_to_the_Ravens . this will get you a few gold plus all your advanced 10-19 books

this quest will definitely get you from 10-17 at which time you can do a couple of writs to get to 19 and then 20. every 10 levels, there's a guy there with a green quest feather - in most cases, you're rewarded with a free advanced book for your specialty. at higher tiers, i usually wait till i see which book i can't buy on the broker before handing in this quest - i think from 50 on up you don't get access to books at the crafting trainer but i might be mistaken and it might be lower OR you may get access to them all.

so you get to 20 and you're ready for the next crafting quest - check out https://eq2.fandom.com/wiki/Tradeskill_Timeline for lots of stuff to do
  8. Eradani Well-Known Member

you can resize the crafting stations larger or smaller, depending on your needs. but since you like halas, you could just use those free ones for now :)
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Checking my recipes, I bought Advanced Artisan book 1 through 6. It goes up to level 7 items. I know the NPC has books up to level 10. Where do I get further books ?

Oh, and I do have an artisan on Maj'Dul now. In my .sig

edit: And I have been finding Outfitter books in various chests in Antonica.
  10. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The Advanced crafting books from level 10 onwards are found as drops in small chests from killing mobs. You can also buy them on the broker. Until very high level, Provisioner is the only crafter that doesn't have advanced crafting recipe books.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

There was a time you could go to the golden saucer in Maj Dul you get there from Sinking Sands. If I am remembering right they sold all the advanced books from I think 50 and below. It's been so long I don't remember if there were any specifics that needed to be done. But if not that would be a lot cheaper than the broker on some, sometimes those broker prices get crazy on stuff.
    Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  12. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Keep everything. Sell rares only if you want. Share a home for alts with a harvest Depot. Dump it all in there. Rares have sparkles

Depots were sent to Shartara on Majdul and Uthesthan on Skyfire.

If you do the halas tradeskill line you can buy the advanced 10 to 19 recipes from merchant. Then level 20 same for Butcher block. Level 30 you can do leaper quest there and steamfont for the advanced recipes. Halas is frostfang sea. Provisioners get a couple advanced recipes but definitely not many
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

The crafting area in New Halas is much larger than the Forge building in Qeynos. Well off to one side on the mountain of New Halas. And I only wear the Artisan's cloak on Shartara in town. Switch back to armor when adventuring.

Thanks for the goodies !

Oh, is eq2wire forums still available ? Doesn't seem to be any posts this year.
    Cyrrena, Breanna and Soara2 like this.
  14. Soara2 Well-Known Member

IDK about other forums, I only use this one, sorry, but I thought I would get u the questline info

Halas - level 10- good aligned - Tami Swifthammer
    - evil aligned - Varla Z'velran

Butcherblock - Cordelia at the dock for lvl 20 questline, she will move up to highland outpost during the questline, you can take the bird up there. This one gives you a horse btw.

Highland outpost in BBM for leaper mount - Ellerith Groundspark you have to be lvl 30 crafter to see him and get the quest.

See those people to start the quests. After you do the questline, you can then buy the advanced recipes from them.
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  15. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I've taken the griphon up and taken on the Yarpsnarl whelps. I have been getting Outfitter books from the various lizards in Antonica. Mostly the 15 to 19th level ones.
  16. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Can't find our discussion on Qho's quest because his name is too short.

Finished. Got a Cloak of the Harvestor. 2 primary, 2 stamina, 25 harvesting, 25 transmuting.

Changes caster into a rock, enlarges caster by 32%, and reduces flaling speed.

I thought this gave a harvesting pony/mule ?
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The first series, which you finished, gives the Cloak of the Harvester.
    After that, once you are a level 90 crafter or above is "Return of a Gathering Obsession" for the pack pony that can bring back harvestables for you every 2 hours.
    After THAT, at crafting level 93+, after finishing a certain small bit of the ToV crafting line, you can do "A Gathering Obsession Beyond the Grave" to upgrade the pack pony to be able to bring back holiday harvests during the holidays, and the ability to hire Qho as a merc if you so desire.

~Mum
    Cyrrena, Xianthia, Soara2 and 2 others like this.
  18. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Hmmm... My character I did this with is 110 crafter. So just do them in sequence ?
  19. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

You have to zone in (and back out again if you wish) to Thurgadin before you can pick up the level 90 Gathering Obsession.
    Xianthia, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay. My schedule is getting tight, I had lots of things on hold for this one quest, I'll work it in.