Daggerstorm Completely Broken

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Beet, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

This was a fun raid just to nuke and move on, so the numbers are inflated for the easy mobs. But its a good benchmark to use for percentage use of spells vs the actual EncDPS.

I do agree that this thread has gotten old. I look forward to whatever is the next hot topic to be brought to the limelight.
    Beee and Sykle like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

OK we all agree that daggerstorm is crazy(40% or more) in croup content like rift expert and ok in raids.(because there are not so many grouped mobs)

It's the reason why group contet is not enjoyable anymore for any mage (but nobody cares at the end of an expansion) :D
  3. TheBitterness New Member

I smoothed this out for you. This is perhaps the funniest response to anything I have seen on a video game forum. :D
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

So after some changes in raid I will agree that Dagger Storm is broken... for swashies. Our swash yesterday hit a 424 billion damage dagger storm on mythic seventh hammer. That's a big number.

Our sins still outparsed tho
    Beee likes this.
  5. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

Daggerstorm for swash basically has double modification effectiveness. Because the mob count, adc, and sdc apply in a multiplicative manner, it really starts to get big if you have a couple of mobs.
    10 damage x 8 mobs x 1.5 (adc) x 2.5 (sdc) = 300
    10 damage x 16 x 3 x 5 = 2400
    its kinda busted, but balanced around raid content, as their single target damage is still average
  6. MSMS New Member

You think balancing an exponential encounter spell on a single raidmob is the way for class balancing.?
    cool :)
  7. Sykle I use too many words sometimes.

I was referring to specifically swashbuckler. Swashbuckler has been an aoe dps class for a very long time. It makes sense that their AoE abilities hit harder, but their single target damage is less than that of a mostly single target t1 dps, like assassin, necromancer, or ranger. So yes, I am all for balancing an aoe ability so that it excels on aoe encounters, but not on single target encounters, as mentioned when i made my Cataclysm reference in a post a page or two back.